Author Topic: Vasteel 2  (Read 339 times)

ddd1234

Vasteel 2
« on: December 07, 2012, 10:08:03 AM »
What are your thoughts on Vasteel 2?

I recently saw the only gameplay video on YouTube on this game, and the music had me hooked. Soulful Pc-engine soundtrack...love it.

How is the game? Will I be able to sail through it If I don't know Japanese?

I really wanna grab a copy of this one. The music rocks.
OBEY TECH N9NE!

esteban

Re: Vasteel 2
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 12:23:15 PM »
What are your thoughts on Vasteel 2?

I recently saw the only gameplay video on YouTube on this game, and the music had me hooked. Soulful Pc-engine soundtrack...love it.

How is the game? Will I be able to sail through it If I don't know Japanese?

I really wanna grab a copy of this one. The music rocks.

The Professor may chime in (I noticed—and was surprised—that he recently recommended it as a decent game).

Personally, I was hoping for it to follow its predesessor more closely, but, in fact, it shares little if anything with its predesessor. I'll have to give Vasteel 2 another chance, but I haven't been in the mood to play it. 

|    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 12:26:12 PM »
I hated it and didn't give it a chance. It doesn't play at all like Vasteel.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

td741

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 03:15:06 PM »
Yeah, I was disappointed that it reverted to a plain strategy game and removes the action elements.

That said, it does a neat routine at the beginning to scan your peripherals and finds out if you're using an AC card, Memory Base 128 (or save kun) and mouse. ;)

ddd1234

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 03:17:15 PM »
What does the arcade card do for this game?
OBEY TECH N9NE!

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »
Also, there's a "sort of" Vasteel 3.  It was made by the same team........& I could be wrong, but I thought I heard they considered calling it Vasteel 3.  However, I have no way of confirming that.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanguard_Bandits  I have it, but haven't ever played thru it, so I don't know how closely it resembles either game for sure.

td741

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 01:53:54 AM »
What does the arcade card do for this game?

If I remember correctly (haven't booted it up in a long time) it pretty much preloads the whole game at the start neo-geo CD like.  Hmm... Actually, it might also improve the cinemas as well like 3x3 Eyes...  (So there might be some loading after the cinemas.)

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 03:00:12 AM »
Yeah this one took a bit of a different route then Vasteel 1. Regardless, its a fairly easy game to get into. To point out though, Vasteel 2 DOES play basically just like Vasteel 1, minus the action battles. In the end they were both isometric grid strategy games. The only real difference is Vasteel 1 battle system employed something similar to Archon, and the art style is somewhat different.

esteban

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 08:34:26 AM »
Yeah this one took a bit of a different route then Vasteel 1. Regardless, its a fairly easy game to get into. To point out though, Vasteel 2 DOES play basically just like Vasteel 1, minus the action battles. In the end they were both isometric grid strategy games. The only real difference is Vasteel 1 battle system employed something similar to Archon, and the art style is somewhat different.

Archon is awesome, of course (Apple ]['s version, anyway). I would gladly take a port of Archon over Vasteel 2.
  |    |