Author Topic: A new ruleset should be implemented for new members joining just to sell crap.  (Read 4655 times)

Obfuscate

2 months, no post count. You don't need to post a lot to be part of the community. 2 months keep guys from just signing up to dump their shit.

jeffhlewis

Hey I'm not exactly the most prolific poster on the forums, and I've had lots of successful transactions buying and selling with members from the onset. Some of the post-limit restrictions would have prevented me from buying/selling.

I like the idea of making someone post in the introduction (or starting a thread somewhere in general) and maybe imposing 1-2 month moratorium on sales posts. Anything more and I just feel like you're scaring off new people who might contribute down the road.

tiptopjames

Late to the party as usual, but I find all the poll choices to be a bit strict. I am not a prolific poster, but I read discussion boards quite a bit, be it for repair advice or advice on what games to play. Despite infrequent posting, I still decided I liked this forum enough to raffle a couple of dupes to this community, when I could have just as easily decided to sell them. So yes, I'm new, I frequent the b/s/t and discussion threads, and chances are high that I would not have contributed anything if such a silly limit were put in place. Why should we be so exclusive? I much prefer inclusion.

PunkicCyborg

so far I've had good deals from the two last noobs selling their goods so I don't know what the big deal is
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

420GOAT

when i was new, i would have hated not being able to buy. selling may be something else, but then theyd just go to ebay. i think 2 weeks and 100 posts would be cool.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
This whole threads pointless until we get more moderators.

I think if you don't have alot of posts, don't f*ckin' talk about anything, and just want to sell and leave, that you can just eat dicks and pound sand.

We need more moderators if we're going to have this shit work though.

Joe will take like 6 weeks to take care of it.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Gogan

This whole threads pointless until we get more moderators.

I think if you don't have alot of posts, don't f*ckin' talk about anything, and just want to sell and leave, that you can just eat dicks and pound sand.

We need more moderators if we're going to have this shit work though.

Joe will take like 6 weeks to take care of it.

Again, this.

Edit: actually, I think we have enough mods, they just need to do....something
Nothin beats the real thing.

Nec.Game.head

This NOOB totally agrees on some of the tougher rules set. I really think that putting in the time to get to know the forum you joined should be mandatory in order to buy/sell. I guess maybe I feel this way because it's just way too easy to get on here and start selling/buying, then go else where like ebay or other forums and start selling this precious Pce stuff to make a profit. I have had some personal chats with some of the other newer members and that seems to be the trend now in days all over the place. Collecting Pce and Tg16 stuff because it's becoming really rare. I think it's BS !!! I really don't like the thought of being on a forums that has people that are into retro gaming/collecting because of it's huge trend right now and the income they can make from it. Nothing wrong with buying and selling to make a couple of extra bucks, if you are really into the console and want to help support each other in this Pce world of ours. Sorry about my rant it's just my opinion! You have got to earn your keep is what I say!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

soop

I don't really care too much about the selling, because I don't know anyone here who would buy something at a stupid price.  It's when the new guy first gets a great deal from a fellow PCE fan and then shanks them by trying to profit.

So I say buying only, post limit.

mrhaboobi

i say if someone is lucky enough to find something at a market, and they come here to sell it, so long as its cheaper than what i might have paid on ebay then to me thats fine.. everyone makes profit on something, id rather someone come here with a mint item and i have the chance to buy it, then for it to be completely lost to ebay, at least there is a chance i can negotiate with the seller for less.  The forum will deal to anyone that is asking for too much, the fact is they just wont get their gear sold here..  but thats my thought.
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

tggodfrey

I would rather see items sold here to the community rather than go on ebay because of some rule.  As with all internet sales buyer is responsible for his own safety.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

KnightWarrior

I think at DP it's 2 weeks, Before the Buying and Selling opens up

jperryss

I think at DP it's 2 weeks, Before the Buying and Selling opens up

I've seen this on other boards as well. I've also seen a post-count minimum (typically 50-100 posts) sometimes combined with a 30-day restriction before a new user can view the classifieds.

Both work pretty well as long as that user doesn't start stupid threads like "which is better: Nintendo or Sega" and single-reply to every damn post in that thread to get his count up.

vestcoat

i say if someone is lucky enough to find something at a market, and they come here to sell it, so long as its cheaper than what i might have paid on ebay then to me thats fine.. everyone makes profit on something, id rather someone come here with a mint item and i have the chance to buy it, then for it to be completely lost to ebay,
I would rather see items sold here to the community rather than go on ebay because of some rule.  
I don't watch the sale forums as close as I used to - have there been any bargains from new members this year? Has anyone with less than the suggested post requirements ever posted a sale "priced to sell"?

You guys would have a point if brand new members were posting competitive prices, but I don't see the evidence. Noob sales are moderately successful because the 0-to-2-year members working on their U.S. sets wet themselves whenever they get a chance to buy something outside of ebay or haggle, not because the prices are lower. If a rookie does lower a price to the low BIN/average auction rate, it's because of a bulk sale and the lack of ebay fees, not generosity.

Saturn only moved his CD games after being verbally bludgeoned into lowering his prices three times. Even then, they wouldn't have sold without idiots on hand to buy Madden for $40 used when a google user could have bought it new for $23 on Amazon. Retrohungrey's prices basically match Amazon, where's the bargain? Do we really need to welcome ebay fee dodgers so our less scrupulous members can support double-talking liars like Saturn and second-post F-bombers trying to flip DE2 for 300 x the purchase price and twice the going rate?

Yes, the forum will "deal" with gougers, but no way are the handful of bargains worth the perpetual drama fest or the support we give to a$$holes.

ProfessorProfessorson

i say if someone is lucky enough to find something at a market, and they come here to sell it, so long as its cheaper than what i might have paid on ebay then to me thats fine.. everyone makes profit on something, id rather someone come here with a mint item and i have the chance to buy it, then for it to be completely lost to ebay,
I would rather see items sold here to the community rather than go on ebay because of some rule. 
I don't watch the sale forums as close as I used to - have there been any bargains from new members this year? Has anyone with less than the suggested post requirements ever posted a sale "priced to sell"?

You guys would have a point if brand new members were posting competitive prices, but I don't see the evidence. Noob sales are moderately successful because the 0-to-2-year members working on their U.S. sets wet themselves whenever they get a chance to buy something outside of ebay or haggle, not because the prices are lower. If a rookie does lower a price to the low BIN/average auction rate, it's because of a bulk sale and the lack of ebay fees, not generosity.

Saturn only moved his CD games after being verbally bludgeoned into lowering his prices three times. Even then, they wouldn't have sold without idiots on hand to buy Madden for $40 used when a google user could have bought it new for $23 on Amazon. Retrohungrey's prices basically match Amazon, where's the bargain? Do we really need to welcome ebay fee dodgers so our less scrupulous members can support double-talking liars like Saturn and second-post F-bombers trying to flip DE2 for 300 x the purchase price and twice the going rate?

Yes, the forum will "deal" with gougers, but no way are the handful of bargains worth the perpetual drama fest or the support we give to a$$holes.

Took the words right out of my mouth.