Author Topic: A new ruleset should be implemented for new members joining just to sell crap.  (Read 4642 times)

SignOfZeta

How is it not working?

esteban

Dont you think the endless complaints out of you do a good job of making this forum look like a toilet?

Professor is the urinal; I'm the toilet. But that's OK. See, we hire Esteban to follow us around and do damage control, cheering people up with his funny pictures. Unfortunately, poor old Esty is maxed out and the server limits how many times he can paste that Bonk smiley in a day, which is why we need to pinch the sphincter on the a$$hole Recruitment Center, AKA, the sale forums.

Hfahahahhhahahahaahahaha.
  |    | 

PunkicCyborg

this thread sucks. it's just causing conflict between members and is not productive at all seeing as everyone has atotally different opinion on the subject and the poll options are one sided. aaron can't even do regular updates on the forum so the chances of any substantial changes are little to none.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:30:07 AM by PunkicCyborg »
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

vestcoat

Conflict isn't necessarily a bad thing. "Conflict between members" is why we don't have neo nazis and gougers shipping games in corn flake boxes. Conflict can also build relationships. Friends aren't always made by being Mr. Nice Guy. Sometimes you have to duke it out first.

Will any change come from this thread? Probably not, but the "militant mods" thread accomplished something. And Aaron recently poked his head in and hooked up his Duo to play MSR, so you never know.

Regardless, I could read threads like this all day:
you can go pound salt in Hades while suffering a giant rubber dong up your ass for eternity for all the good it will do you,

ProfessorProfessorson

this thread sucks. it's just causing conflict between members and is not productive at all seeing as everyone has atotally different opinion on the subject and the poll options are one sided. aaron can't even do regular updates on the forum so the chances of any substantial changes are little to none.

The poll options were not one sided. They specifically asked if there should be a rule set implemented, and if so, what types, and there was a option for those opposed, who don't agree at all that anything should be implemented and enforced (for mostly obvious f*cking reasons). It just so happens that only one 3rd seem to support the last option and think this thread sucks, and that the majority DO WANT some kind of rule set and enforcement put in place of some type.

SignOfZeta

The only "I don't want more rules" option is basically "I don't what more rules because I love a$$holes" so it's possible that not everyone voted.

PunkicCyborg

The only "I don't want more rules" option is basically "I don't what more rules because I love a$$holes" so it's possible that not everyone voted.
exactly its either you go along with profs idea or you love a$$holes so how is that not one sided. there have been plenty of new members with successful sales rid of drama and non gouging prices.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 06:19:35 AM by PunkicCyborg »
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Sparky

f*ck lets not get into this on Xmas eve, your right punk there are some good noobs out there selling but there is a hell of a track record this year of bad ones! I wish Nat would come back as he was a great mod, and a good voice for the majority on those new guy sellers that needed some direction :P.... All I want for Xmas is a mod with a voice.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 09:10:35 AM by Sparky »

ProfessorProfessorson

exactly is either you go along with profs idea or you love a$$hole so how is that not one sided. there have been plenty of new members with successful sales vid of drama and non for prices.

Given this poll has run for 9 days and no ones popped on to specifically post saying thats why they have not voted, thats just speculation in favor of the minority, implying its far larger then what it obviously is. The fact is, not having a dealer rule set in place has supported the current a$$hole reseller problem currently on hand. Buying from said a$$holes means supporting said a$$holes, because you are doing exactly what they want. The main buyers from them seem to be the minority. You may not like the wording, because its brutal honesty doesn't paint said whining minority in a positive light, but sorry, there's no way you can spin that shit any other way.

There is NOTHING positive about buying from, and thus supporting, noob brat a$$hole resellers. They come here and get exactly what they want. It sends the wrong message, that they can come here, walk all over anyone they choose, then leave, and the bulk of us will put up with it so that the few who bought from them can get their supposed good deals (that have to be haggled for half the time anyway and end up just being ebay prices mainly). A rule set in place would, if not eliminate it completely, then at least minimize these issues. Those who love buying games from people will still be able to do so from said new sellers willing to stick it out and go through the proper process. Those not willing to stick it out, they can be shown the door. This kind of system works on multiple other FAR LARGER forums. There is ZERO reason why it would not work here as well. No ones asking moderators to step in and suggest pricing, trade values, etc. Just simply set up some requirements and enforce them regarding new people joining here.

SignOfZeta

Would some one please just make Mike a mod so we won't have to deal with this shit anymore?

ProfessorProfessorson

Would some one please just make Mike a mod so we won't have to deal with this shit anymore?

No thanks, I'll pass. Maybe Sparky or Arkhan or something if they would like.

Gogan

Again, necro for mod!
Nothin beats the real thing.

thesteve

or bmw

tiptopjames

exactly is either you go along with profs idea or you love a$$hole so how is that not one sided. there have been plenty of new members with successful sales vid of drama and non for prices.

Given this poll has run for 9 days and no ones popped on to specifically post saying thats why they have not voted, thats just speculation in favor of the minority, implying its far larger then what it obviously is. The fact is, not having a dealer rule set in place has supported the current a$$hole reseller problem currently on hand. Buying from said a$$holes means supporting said a$$holes, because you are doing exactly what they want. The main buyers from them seem to be the minority. You may not like the wording, because its brutal honesty doesn't paint said whining minority in a positive light, but sorry, there's no way you can spin that shit any other way.

There is NOTHING positive about buying from, and thus supporting, noob brat a$$hole resellers. They come here and get exactly what they want. It sends the wrong message, that they can come here, walk all over anyone they choose, then leave, and the bulk of us will put up with it so that the few who bought from them can get their supposed good deals (that have to be haggled for half the time anyway and end up just being ebay prices mainly). A rule set in place would, if not eliminate it completely, then at least minimize these issues. Those who love buying games from people will still be able to do so from said new sellers willing to stick it out and go through the proper process. Those not willing to stick it out, they can be shown the door. This kind of system works on multiple other FAR LARGER forums. There is ZERO reason why it would not work here as well. No ones asking moderators to step in and suggest pricing, trade values, etc. Just simply set up some requirements and enforce them regarding new people joining here.

That is exactly why I didn't vote

thesteve

i too didnt vote for the same reason