Author Topic: A new ruleset should be implemented for new members joining just to sell crap.  (Read 4619 times)

vestcoat

Aside from the one racist guy, none of these guys were anything more than slight irritants.
So... two of my examples were before your time, the racist guy was a freak anomaly, and the noob seller insulting a member's wife in his signature is a "slight irritant." Gotcha. Thanks for your input. Go tell that to the husband.

Instead of linking freshman bullshit on wikipedia, try stringing a couple sentences together, staying on topic, and making a point for once in your life. There's a difference between a microcosm and a slippery slope. The human-waste resellers squabbling over garage sale toys at 6:30AM are EXACTLY the same as the POS investor sitting on seven copies of MC. If you gave two shits about gaming you wouldn't be defending them. The chance of KC's hypothetical, non-nonchalant shopper finding cheap TG games in the wild, knowing what they are, knowing what they're worth, not wanting to play them, and waiting for an account activation at PCEFX to resell them to strangers for a "small" profit is nil. Sure, it's hard to pass a deal when it stares you straight in the face, but the motivation is greed and anyone signing up here for that reason is 99% likely to be an actively gouging douche. Gouging douches are usually a$$holes. Let's make them get a hundred posts under their belt so we don't get the first-post sales and second-post F-bombs like we saw here last week.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 01:38:40 PM by vestcoat »

Jibbajaba

DK is all about the buying & selling, so the last thing that he wants is an obstacle between himself and someone trying to take his money.  The fact that he's constantly so out of touch with what's going on around here certainly supports that theory.

Chris

thesteve

wasnt the racist the same one that insulted the wife?

vestcoat

Xray was the racist; Canada had the special signature.

esteban

Re: A new ruleset should be implemented for new members joining just to sell cra
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2012, 11:52:50 PM »
UPDATE: The Professor and I were chatting over coffee this morning and he noted that if we can't sort this problem out using logic and reasoned arguments, we should--at the very least--hold a séance to contact gamers from the (n)etherworld. Initially, I told him he was batsh*t crazy, but as I finished my fifth cup of joe, he wisely said, "Hey, you never know." I concur.

wasnt the racist the same one that insulted the wife?

Even the racist had better sense than to insult a member's wife!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:57:39 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Ok it's settled! ProfessorProfessorson is always right!
/end thread

Why is it when mike says something that alot of people are thinking, he's immediatly targeted. And why are people blowing this out of context. No one is asking for martial law here, just a system that will keep the greedy gold digging noobs in check. If your a good buyer/seller and have nothing to hide, whats the big deal? the restrictions that mike has proposed are far more tame then what some have asked for and he's the bad guy? We should have a system in place. whats wrong with taking pride in this forum and protecting it from those who only use it as an end to there means? 

This isn't exactly something that was just recently brought up with the creation of this thread.  We've been asking/PMing/f*cking begging the powers that be here for similar systems in order to keep track of new people that come in here looking to take advantage of the community.  A thread from over two years ago talked about the same idea, and a mod (Nat) actually mentioned that he would run some ideas past Aaron.  We never heard anything after that.  About our only shot is having a reputable member or moderator with close connection to Aaron get his attention and get him to make a change or appoint someone to do it. 

Even the racist.   [-X [-X

esteban

|    | 

MotherGunner

Ok it's settled! ProfessorProfessorson is always right!
/end thread

Why is it when mike says something that alot of people are thinking, he's immediatly targeted. And why are people blowing this out of context. No one is asking for martial law here, just a system that will keep the greedy gold digging noobs in check. If your a good buyer/seller and have nothing to hide, whats the big deal? the restrictions that mike has proposed are far more tame then what some have asked for and he's the bad guy? We should have a system in place. whats wrong with taking pride in this forum and protecting it from those who only use it as an end to there means? 

This isn't exactly something that was just recently brought up with the creation of this thread.  We've been asking/PMing/f*cking begging the powers that be here for similar systems in order to keep track of new people that come in here looking to take advantage of the community.  A thread from over two years ago talked about the same idea, and a mod (Nat) actually mentioned that he would run some ideas past Aaron.  We never heard anything after that.  About our only shot is having a reputable member or moderator with close connection to Aaron get his attention and get him to make a change or appoint someone to do it. 

Even the racist.   [-X [-X

It was also discussed here years ago and Aaron had already formed an opinion.

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=8765.msg149288#msg149288
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

ProfessorProfessorson

Yeah, I see. The one where he didn't have the time to care because he was out of touch or something or another. Its easy to not see a problem or care when you don't have an attachment to your own user base.

HercTNT

People can come to this site with their turbo/Pce hardware and literally have it resurrected from death. Systems can not only be fixed like new, but modded to perform even better than the original. How can even the most jaded of old timers not appreciate that, let alone advancements made in just the last year. you can now buy cheap flash cards, Larger better screens for your portable, controller ports, rechargeable batteries, etc....... I'm not sure how many other sights offer this same level of technical and community support. I do know that i for one, am impressed by what people here are capable of. I'm also thrilled to be able to get amazing deals on games that I have not been able to get anywhere else. Maybe this is huge wishful thinking on my part, but I would want to protect that, then let this place turn into a dumping ground for greedy sellers and demanding noobs. Its obvious that there are huge differences in opinions on what needs to be done here. I just hope that everyone understands this site does have alot more to offer than just cheap games or flashy trinkets.

MotherGunner

Herc that's an excellent point.  To this day I cherish the friendships, knowledge, and all around GREAT times I've had here over the years and shared with all of you.  We've seen many milestones that were just too awesome to forget.

Off the top of my head:

-D-Lite (Both positives and negatives)
-Moderator Impeached
-Nintega
-My pal Mike kicking ass and taking names in defense of others
-Fighting Street is Born
-a$$hole f*cked Me Over
-Advancements in Tech Work (Via Oustanding individuals like Keith, Beemer, Steve, and others)
-Sparky
-Homebrew Releases
-Ark Vs Roy
-SeymorOnion
-JelloSlug (fingers crossed)
-The PCEFX Raffle is born
-Turbobs!
-PCEFX Secret Santa is born
-Great deals by sellers for buyers (and paying it forward)
-PCEFX Blackout Scare of 2011
...and many more I didn't mention or yet to come; wouldn't miss it for the world!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:31:04 PM by MotherGunner »
-MG

Jibbajaba

Unfortunately, I think we're just going to have to live with the fact that there are always going to be newb dumpers coming around, and there is always going to be a subculture of people here who are willing to deal with them because they want a complete collection above all else.  Some guys have deep pockets and just don't give a shit, and that's why the dumpers keep coming around.

Chris

ProfessorProfessorson

We could just blame it all on Darkkobold. God knows he'd have it coming.

MotherGunner

Unfortunately, I think we're just going to have to live with the fact that there are always going to be newb dumpers coming around, and there is always going to be a subculture of people here who are willing to deal with them because they want a complete collection above all else.  Some guys have deep pockets and just don't give a shit, and that's why the dumpers keep coming around.

Chris

Yeah, I accepted that two years ago with that exchange with Aaron.  You're absolutely right, Chris. Most of the time, I have been indifferent, hell, I tried to diffuse the Sega situation.  With this last guy, I felt compelled to break my neutrality about it because of my previous back and forth with him on Ebay and it bothered me that much that he came here with his pompous attitude that I baited him to show here for you all. On a side note, I love how he mentioned that everything was "sold" but what he really did was take what was left of the lot and reposted it back to Ebay.  (Oh yes he DID!)  So I'm glad he people didn't get screwed and the ones who did buy, more power to them, they seem to have gotten good deals.  I may or may not be vocal with the next guy as at the end of the day, I trust my friends here to smell the cheese but not fall for the trap.  =P
-MG

thesteve

much of my mod/repair work comes from nubes, without issues