Author Topic: A new ruleset should be implemented for new members joining just to sell crap.  (Read 4603 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

Herc's a good guy. No beef with him, but holy shit.

It would be similar to if one of Firebombers family came here to post something heart felt and you took a dump on it with some mem pic you thought was relevant to the post also.

No, it's not remotely similar and it's the height of bad taste to suggest as much. I can't believe I just read that, and I feel sick even responding to it. :(

Referring to incidents on FS, that were in fact retaliation for that matter (which I, on my own, took steps to rectify), for actions of equal caliber aimed at my own children during other incidents, does not really help build you a case.

A) Good on you for trying to fix it.
B) He did it first isn't a good excuse.

Yes Herc is a great guy. Also, the Firebomber comment, its not thrown out there to win a argument, and I am terribly sorry it offended you. Its a plea for the guy to show some compassion in regards to the fact Herc just laid out there his dire life threatening health issues, his current suffering after the operation, and got sand kicked in his face for it, and still is by Punknic. And if something like that had occurred, in respects to Firebomber situation, I would be all over the person who did it for the same reason. The only thing difference here is Herc is still here, Firebomber is not, which sucks like a mother f*cker, but that is how it played out. It does not make Herc, or his situation he just opened up about, any less important to certain people close to him. I would hope you understand that, sometimes you have to draw a comparison between tragedies to evoke compassion and understanding. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

Also, no, he did it first is not a good excuse, which is, like I said, why I took steps on my own to rectify the situation.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:07:35 PM by ProfessorProfessorson »

Jibbajaba

For the record, I thought Punknic's post was pretty inappropriate, as well.  I was going to respond to it when I saw it, but chose not to.  I can't believe that he's even trying to defend it, but whatever.

Chris

HercTNT

I don't remember attacking anyone, or doing anything to deserve being attacked. I feel as though, there are people here that don't like mike, accuse him frequently of being a disturbance, then take whatever parting shots they can at him even at other members expense. I'm not to proud, or ashamed to stand up for any friend, especially those as supportive of mike. My comment was meant to illustrate the lengths that he has gone to, to be supportive. My reason for making the comment is that there are people here, in my opinon,  that have him all wrong. You can't blame me for defending a friend, and one would hope any of you would do the same. I will not apologize for standing up for a friend, especially when i did so in a civil manner. I will apologize for the disturbance it has caused if it makes everyone play nice. For that I personally take the blame.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Herc, there is no need for you to apologize.  Really.  I am almost positive what Punk posted was purely in fun and not meant to be derogatory in any way.  An apology between just the two of you should have been the end of it.  I can totally understand standing up for friends, and that is exactly what I'm trying do do here.  Most of you in this thread are good friends of mine.  Why can't we just chalk this up as a HUGE f*cking misunderstanding.  Peoples emotions are heightened about Fire bomber, everything is touchy.  We just lost one guy forever....  Got that?  f*cking forever!  Yet here we are letting a misunderstanding cause this much strife...  Why?  Is it really worth it?  I mean, who the hell wins here? 

Sadler

I don't remember attacking anyone, or doing anything to deserve being attacked.

Like I said, I think you're a good guy. THIS thread sort of left me thinking you were up for a ribbing. To be fair, it's a year old and you did lay out for us your challenges in this thread. Still, I don't think Punk was out to stick it to you, he's was just messing around and I seriously doubt he thought anyone would take it as anything other than good natured joking.

I feel as though, there are people here that don't like mike, accuse him frequently of being a disturbance, then take whatever parting shots they can at him even at other members expense. I'm not to proud, or ashamed to stand up for any friend, especially those as supportive of mike.

I totally get that. I haven't been regularly in chat for a while, but I consider Josh (heh) and ela in the same boat for me.

My comment was meant to illustrate the lengths that he has gone to, to be supportive. My reason for making the comment is that there are people here, in my opinon,  that have him all wrong. You can't blame me for defending a friend, and one would hope any of you would do the same. I will not apologize for standing up for a friend, especially when i did so in a civil manner. I will apologize for the disturbance it has caused if it makes everyone play nice. For that I personally take the blame.

No worries man. I'm far too much of a drama queen. If I spent half as much time playing obey as I do getting my panties twisted over internet posts, I'd have beaten most of the games I own by now. :)

PunkicCyborg

Jesus christ did that get blown out of proportions.... Herc I was seriously not trying to offend you  I didn't think your personal life situation was funny I don't think anyone could think that was funny. I'm not personally out to get you or anyone and I really don't take anything online very seriously. I'm sorry I offended you.
I do think it's funny though that you stick up for professor even when nobody is saying anything against him. If professor is like Kenny Powers you are his Stevie.
I swear I tried to make one funny f*cking comment in a flame war thread and I'm some terrible guy. This really isn't my game I'm going back to the PC Engine side of the board to talk about gaming.......
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Sparky

P.S. i have tried very hard to proof read this and any of my other posts as best as possible. due to my condition i often think one thing, but type another. my spelling is horrible, and i sometimes lose focus.

Dude, your post are always well said and wish there was a damn "like" button so ya knew as you say what is on my mind a lot of times, and I don't care how it came out in this thread I just hope you are going to be ok when all is said and done? Ok boys, lets f*cking gather around and get this group hug over with, who wants the reach around??? (( cups hand))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:53:47 PM by Sparky »

MotherGunner

Meme was totally innappropirate (joke or not).   Apology "eventually" extended;  I am sad we all can't be better.  I will try a little harder...=/

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

ProfessorProfessorson

Meme was totally innappropirate (joke or not).   Apology "eventually" extended;  I am sad we all can't be better.  I will try a little harder...=/

Man lol, thats like Jesus saying he will try to do better. You're too good a guy man, seriously, no worries. I cant think of anyone worth a damn who would actually have a bad thing to say about you, and anyone who actually does, they can go pound salt.

P.S. i have tried very hard to proof read this and any of my other posts as best as possible. due to my condition i often think one thing, but type another. my spelling is horrible, and i sometimes lose focus.

Dude, your post are always well said and wish there was a damn "like" button so ya knew as you say what is on my mind a lot of times, and I don't care how it came out in this thread I just hope you are going to be ok when all is said and done? Ok boys, lets f*cking gather around and get this group hug over with, who wants the reach around??? (( cups hand))

:P
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:04:48 PM by ProfessorProfessorson »

HercTNT

LOL, I thought everyone had forgotten about that roast me thread. Honestly, anyone that still wants to jump in that thread and shit on me have at it. thats what fighting street is for :)  Punknic, apology accepted, maybe the timing was bad, i don't know. I'm fiercely loyal to all my friends and Mike has my undying respect. It was not my intention to draw a line in the sand, or have anyone feel bad for me in any way. I agree there is no reason to defend mike. He can surely handle himself. thats not gonna stop me from throwing in my two cents from time to time. Sparky you offering a group reach around is a visual i will now try to drown in vodka :) Thanks for the wishes though LOL.

MotherGunner

Meme was totally innappropirate (joke or not).   Apology "eventually" extended;  I am sad we all can't be better.  I will try a little harder...=/

Man lol, thats like Jesus saying he will try to do better. You're too good a guy man, seriously, no worries. I cant think of anyone worth a damn who would actually have a bad thing to say about you, and anyone who actually does, they can go pound salt.

Jesus?  No way brother, I am soooo not worthy of that comparision, but I get you =).  I am more imperfect than imperfect people realize.  I am definitely ashamed in my part in all this.  It was me who came down on that Ebay guy that started this whole thing.  The intent was honorable but the execution was very very poor on my part. Sorry guys...  Reading what Bernie just said is really humbling.  Here we are bickering but ALIVE.  I have many friends long gone this year known personally and not known.  I even was unfortunate enough to lose my second child in utero.  We should all try harder and value every breath we take;  It's finite.  

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:16:55 PM by MotherGunner »
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

ProfessorProfessorson

To lighten the mood some, we shall now view two epic foes locked in a bitter battle of wits. Grumpy Cat versus Wraith.

Enjoy.

glazball

This thread hurts my head.  All crap aside, is something going on with Firebomber, is he not ok?  Apologies for the derailment, feel free to pm.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Mathius

This thread hurts my head.  All crap aside, is something going on with Firebomber, is he not ok?  Apologies for the derailment, feel free to pm.

PM'd
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

ProfessorProfessorson

Apologies for the derailment, feel free to pm.

No apologies necessary. Pretty sure there are probably still a few members out there who may not have heard yet.