Author Topic: WTB- Bonk 3 CD version complete.  (Read 583 times)

ToiletKid

WTB- Bonk 3 CD version complete.
« on: December 16, 2012, 12:07:14 PM »
Already own the PC Engine version, but how often does one of the US CD's pop up for sale? I used to see in on ebay now and again (and failed to win it).Any offers or even insight would be appreciated!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: WTB- Bonk 3 CD version complete.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 03:39:56 AM »
It doesn't pop up all that often and is rather pricey when it does.  It's really only for collectors, as the far cheaper pce huey is mostly the same and superior in the few ways that it does differ from the CD version (missing animation frames and most peeps (not me) consider the redbook tunes to be inferior).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

chany60126

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 03:56:20 AM »
Necro is right. More specifically, when Bonk eats a piece of meat when he's big, his facial expression doesn't change in the CD version. Also the music in the CD version tends to drown out some of the sound effects in the game since it's a little louder than it should be IMHO.
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

ToiletKid

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 08:18:19 AM »
I read about the missing animations which stinks, but I really dug the redbook tunes that I've heard in vids.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 08:20:26 AM »
I just burned an image to disc for Bonk 3 CD.  I cannot see paying that much for it, especially when you can get the Hu Version wayyy cheaper. 

TheClash603

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 08:23:39 AM »
It is worth mentioning there are a few mini-games in the CD version that are not in the hu-card.  They are fun, though assuredly not worth $300-$500.

NinjaCrackerX

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 08:28:12 AM »
I'm fairly new to the PC/TG but I have noticed the Japanese games being cheaper and I was wondering if I would be missing anything getting an import Bonk 3 (among other pricey US titles). I have import copies of Soldier Blade and Air Zonk but I know I won't miss any decent dialogue in those...

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 08:43:43 AM »
Buying the pce version, you wouldnt miss anything. :)

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 08:58:43 AM »
I'm fairly new to the PC/TG but I have noticed the Japanese games being cheaper and I was wondering if I would be missing anything getting an import Bonk 3 (among other pricey US titles). I have import copies of Soldier Blade and Air Zonk but I know I won't miss any decent dialogue in those...
stick with PCE and keep money in your pocket.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

jperryss

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »

I own the PCE version and they only hiccup I've run across is not being able to read then names of the mini-games.

NinjaCrackerX

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 01:45:32 PM »
Thanks
stick with PCE and keep money in your pocket.

Thanks for the replies, I'll probably end up doing just that (US prices I noticed get ridiculous on the higher wanted titles). I just wasn't sure if Bonk 3 had any heavy worded cut scenes or what not. I'll make a topic later about all the similar style titles I'm interested in for help so I don't clog up this thread haha :P

TheClash603

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 01:48:28 PM »
Well, even if you desperately wanted the US version of Bonk 3, the hu-card version will cost you 1/4 what the CD would.

Black Tiger

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 02:03:40 PM »
The Japanese versions of Bonk games have differences like turning into a girl instead of a mad Bonk when you eat meat.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

NinjaCrackerX

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 02:52:17 PM »
The Japanese versions of Bonk games have differences like turning into a girl instead of a mad Bonk when you eat meat.
Ha that's awesome! I'm pretty much sold then. I have the US Gate of Thunder/Bonk combo so I'll have the best of both worlds. I'm cheap and have a hard time spending over $60+ for a game I REALLY want. I came to terms I'll never own a US Magical Chase or a legit Sapphire :)

mrhaboobi

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 06:31:43 AM »
"legit Sapphire"

Thats not a money issues, its a "can you even find a legit one issue" :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx