Author Topic: Coin Op version of Nexzr?  (Read 492 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Re: Coin Op version of Nexzr?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 10:06:14 AM »
As long as there has been lists of arcade games on the internet, there have been bs listings of Turbo/PCE and other games as having arcade versions. There are many PCE games that many PCE fans wouldn't know are actually based on arcade games, but I don't believe that Nexzr is one of them.

Bloody Wolf is an arcade game that runs on PCE hardware.

Actually, very similar hardware. If you look at comparison screenshots between Arcade and PCE Bloody Wolf, the colors are completely different.

That's what I meant, it's not a PC Engine arcade, just a board using similar parts. Coloring often changes between regions on the same console, but Bloody Wolf the arcade also runs at half the framerate and has somewhat different content for what was extended upon for PCE as well as a different soundtrack in FM sound.

IIRC, Tom made a port of the arcade Bloody Wolf, but with no music.  I can't recall if it had sound effects, but, it seemed to run fairly well.  I'll have to see if I have it baried in my archives.

esteban

Re: Coin Op version of Nexzr?
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 05:57:25 AM »
As long as there has been lists of arcade games on the internet, there have been bs listings of Turbo/PCE and other games as having arcade versions. There are many PCE games that many PCE fans wouldn't know are actually based on arcade games, but I don't believe that Nexzr is one of them.

Bloody Wolf is an arcade game that runs on PCE hardware.

Actually, very similar hardware. If you look at comparison screenshots between Arcade and PCE Bloody Wolf, the colors are completely different.

That's what I meant, it's not a PC Engine arcade, just a board using similar parts. Coloring often changes between regions on the same console, but Bloody Wolf the arcade also runs at half the framerate and has somewhat different content for what was extended upon for PCE as well as a different soundtrack in FM sound.

IIRC, Tom made a port of the arcade Bloody Wolf, but with no music.  I can't recall if it had sound effects, but, it seemed to run fairly well.  I'll have to see if I have it baried in my archives.

DAMN! I learn something new every day!
  |    |