Author Topic: Coin Op version of Nexzr?  (Read 493 times)

bust3dstr8

Coin Op version of Nexzr?
« on: December 19, 2012, 05:19:47 PM »
I ran into a few sights that suggest Nexzr was also released in 1992 for the arcades.

This is the first time hearing about it for me. If it was on pcb...it must of been a tiny Japan
only release.

http://gamebase.retrogames.com/kaneko.htm

http://unmamed.mameworld.info/non_kaneko.html
Clowns Suck

Tatsujin

Re: Coin Op version of Nexzr?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 05:26:09 PM »
never heard of that too. unless they mean the "arcade screen mode" built-in the game :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

turboswimbz

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 12:22:49 AM »
I've seen this topic a few times searching for information on Naxat.  Seems Kaneko may have released it 92' as a coin op.  However, I don't think there is a know cab or board in existence or even known pictures or video. . .   be quite the find though. 

If you search nexzr + arcage you get a whole bunch more arcade sites that list the game like those with a release date of 92', however all have no information after that.

Wonder if anyone can prove that these existed?
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 12:53:45 AM »
Pure rumor.  It does NOT exist.  Some one somewhere imagined it, and then every single website copied it.  Similar to Image Fight II, there is no arcade version.  Never has been.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

turboswimbz

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 01:05:56 AM »
Pure rumor.  It does NOT exist.  Some one somewhere imagined it, and then every single website copied it.  Similar to Image Fight II, there is no arcade version.  Never has been.

Internet = Solid Information all the time

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

Opethian

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 01:30:38 AM »
both undeniably awesome games still tho :D

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

Black Tiger

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 05:31:55 AM »
As long as there has been lists of arcade games on the internet, there have been bs listings of Turbo/PCE and other games as having arcade versions. There are many PCE games that many PCE fans wouldn't know are actually based on arcade games, but I don't believe that Nexzr is one of them.

Bloody Wolf is an arcade game that runs on PCE hardware.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

lukester

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 07:23:28 AM »
As long as there has been lists of arcade games on the internet, there have been bs listings of Turbo/PCE and other games as having arcade versions. There are many PCE games that many PCE fans wouldn't know are actually based on arcade games, but I don't believe that Nexzr is one of them.

Actually, very similar hardware. If you look at comparison screenshots between Arcade and PCE Bloody Wolf, the colors are completely different.

On the other hand, the old MSX shooter Sky Jaguar by Konami has been said to have been originally a coin-op, but I don't even think it exists. It's not like it was a good game anyway.

turboswimbz

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 08:03:03 AM »

I'm guessing, and this is only a guess, that Kaneko did in fact have something to do with nexzr, however never released it, and naxat then ported it over to the PCE.  and every speculated from there.

ccovell

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 11:10:38 AM »
I'm guessing, and this is only a guess, that Kaneko did in fact have something to do with nexzr, however never released it, and naxat then ported it over to the PCE.  and every speculated from there.

Sorry, wrong guess.  Naxat is merely a publisher.  They don't do porting, but rather publish the works of other dev houses like Compile, etc.

Black Tiger

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »

Actually, very similar hardware. If you look at comparison screenshots between Arcade and PCE Bloody Wolf, the colors are completely different.

That's what I meant, it's not a PC Engine arcade, just a board using similar parts. Coloring often changes between regions on the same console, but Bloody Wolf the arcade also runs at half the framerate and has somewhat different content for what was extended upon for PCE as well as a different soundtrack in FM sound.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

turboswimbz

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »

Sorry, wrong guess.  Naxat is merely a publisher.  They don't do porting, but rather publish the works of other dev houses like Compile, etc.

Ahhh good catch, I worded that all wrong, Not that they "ported" but that they actually published it is what I'm getting at, meaning that somewhere in internet land someone decided since kaneko did the work, that there must then be an arcade machine.  as a side not was naxat just a pure publisher of others work? or are there orginal naxat games out there?

SuperDeadite

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »
Naxat was mostly publishing.  Which is why during the Saturn era when they ran out of money, they gave us complete shit like Planet Joker and Battle Monsters.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

bust3dstr8

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »
I guess it's looking like good old interwebz misinformation. If they went as far as the location test phase with
a few boards someone would of remembered it.

Clowns Suck

Tatsujin

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »
put the pce into a cab, and voila there you have the coin-op nexzr :idea:

close topic.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^