Author Topic: Magical Chase CIB for offer over at Nintendo Age...  (Read 839 times)

NinjaCrackerX

Magical Chase CIB for offer over at Nintendo Age...
« on: December 21, 2012, 02:28:23 AM »
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:30:10 AM by NinjaCrackerX »

Tatsujin

Re: Magical Chase CIB for offer over at Nintendo Age...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 03:14:30 AM »
Taking Offers..

www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 03:19:00 AM »
Cash or money order only..... would he take gold doubloons?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

NinjaCrackerX

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 04:37:55 AM »
One of the last ebay auctions went for $3200, but he said he wasn't going to gouge for that high. Is the PCE version an obvious easy replacement for the high dollar US copy? I'm guessing other than some text at the end of the game there's no problem understanding anything.

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 04:41:28 AM »
I saw that.  I would be hesitant to buy high dollar items from a brand new member who only accepts cash and money orders...

NinjaCrackerX

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 04:46:55 AM »
I chatted with him for the heck of it since he's one state over from me. I wouldn't make a purchase like that unless it was a safe meet-up. Supposedly he's well known on another site so it would be best to deal with him through there to be on the safer side.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 04:55:31 AM »
Is the PCE version an obvious easy replacement for the high dollar US copy?

It's certainly cheaper and easier to find, but it's still rather expensive (~$150).

I'm guessing other than some text at the end of the game there's no problem understanding anything.

There's no real language barrier (the difficulty select and shop screens are about it), but there are significant graphical changes.  Click here for a great comparison by fellow member Black Tiger.

NinjaCrackerX

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 05:21:16 AM »
Thanks for the info I didn't know about the graphical differences. That would warrant purchase for both systems if they weren't so expensive! Also I noticed before there are PCE copies on ebay that were sold in a black case and a white one, any reason for that?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 05:30:05 AM »
Also I noticed before there are PCE copies on ebay that were sold in a black case and a white one, any reason for that?

The black case is from the original release and the white case is from the later PC Engine Fan (magazine) reissue version.  Either way it's the same game - just the packaging was changed.

NinjaCrackerX

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 05:40:11 AM »
Also I noticed before there are PCE copies on ebay that were sold in a black case and a white one, any reason for that?

The black case is from the original release and the white case is from the later PC Engine Fan (magazine) reissue version.  Either way it's the same game - just the packaging was changed.
Man, you guys sure know your stuff on this site haha! I appreciate the help you and others have given this PCE/TG newbie. Maybe i'll bug my wife into getting me a PCE copy for Christmas next year!

Opethian

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 06:52:22 AM »
I dont see the point of owning the US version with it's current price tag.
yea no paypal? this guy either has no credit card or cant open a paypal account for other nefarious reasons.

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 06:58:27 AM »

Man, you guys sure know your stuff on this site haha! I appreciate the help you and others have given this PCE/TG newbie. Maybe i'll bug my wife into getting me a PCE copy for Christmas next year!
Better yet, just get a everdrive and copy the U.S rom on to it.

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 06:59:49 AM »
I dont see the point of owning the US version with it's current price tag.
yea no paypal? this guy either has no credit card or cant open a paypal account for other nefarious reasons.

Yeah even if the game was $500, I don't see how anybody would be comfortable sending cash or a money order to someone they don't know based on feedback on another site.  I think he is only going to get local interest.  If you don't want to pay paypal fees just bump it up 3% like everyone else does.  That way the buyer gets piece of mind for their thousand dollar transaction.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

Black Tiger

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 07:15:20 AM »
I have a review copy of PC Cocoron you can have if you mail me $2000 cash or money order (I'm not looking for the $20000 range gouging prices) Just no paypal, eBay or anything else potentially legally binding.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

NinjaCrackerX

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 10:35:53 AM »

Better yet, just get a everdrive and copy the U.S rom on to it.

Never knew about that, thanks. Just to be on the safe side is this the correct site/seller?
http://shop.retrogate.com/main.sc