Author Topic: Magical Chase CIB for offer over at Nintendo Age...  (Read 825 times)

NinjaCrackerX

Re: Magical Chase CIB for offer over at Nintendo Age...
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 10:52:25 AM »
I dont see the point of owning the US version with it's current price tag.
yea no paypal? this guy either has no credit card or cant open a paypal account for other nefarious reasons.

Yeah even if the game was $500, I don't see how anybody would be comfortable sending cash or a money order to someone they don't know based on feedback on another site.  I think he is only going to get local interest.  If you don't want to pay paypal fees just bump it up 3% like everyone else does.  That way the buyer gets piece of mind for their thousand dollar transaction.
I agree, I don't know how he's expecting to pull it off other than a local meet-up without some sorta protection for the buyer. I saw his copy of Stadium Events is on hold, I'm curious to hear how that goes.

TheClash603

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 12:53:43 PM »
A couple years ago after posting a WTB Laseractive thread, somehow I received a mysterious email to my personal email account from a guy with a bunch of LA stuff.  It was the most unsafe transaction I ever made, but I threw a few hundred dollars the guy's way and he delivered the games as promised.  If I would've used ebay, same items would've cost me double what I paid...  that is if I even was able to find Blue Chicago Blues.

Very similar thing happen with my Daytona Netlink and all worked out.

Moral of the story is that sometimes you have to take a horrible gamble to get a deal.  So far it seems humanity is full of kind folks and I believe that 90% of the time it will work out.  Aka- I am an idiot.

roflmao

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 01:08:10 PM »
Never knew about that, thanks. Just to be on the safe side is this the correct site/seller?
http://shop.retrogate.com/main.sc

I know those are pretty popular around here.  Don't know if that's the seller's shop, though I'm sure someone here can tell you.

I picked up a cheaper flash card here: http://www.gamingenterprisesinc.com/Flash_HuCard/

It only holds one game at a time though.  You can read more about it here: http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=11353.0
(He kept us in the loop as he was developing it)  I don't think you can go wrong with either one.  I'll probably pick up the everdrive one of these days, if only to support the people making 'em. :)

Black Tiger

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 02:11:23 PM »
A couple years ago after posting a WTB Laseractive thread, somehow I received a mysterious email to my personal email account from a guy with a bunch of LA stuff.  It was the most unsafe transaction I ever made, but I threw a few hundred dollars the guy's way and he delivered the games as promised.  If I would've used ebay, same items would've cost me double what I paid...  that is if I even was able to find Blue Chicago Blues.

Moral of the story is that sometimes you have to take a horrible gamble to get a deal.  So far it seems humanity is full of kind folks and I believe that 90% of the time it will work out.  Aka- I am an idiot.

That's the thing though, how good of a deal is it? If he's not looking for an outrageous price, then why not just state a price instead of accepting offers?

We used to have to do all online sales with snail mail and trust. It usually worked out for me with hundreds of transactions. But that was before modern internet and PayPal. Unless he's selling something for <$50, his not accepting PayPal only comes off as suspicious. If he's holding out for thousands, then there's no excuse not to setup a PayPal account or do something with some security.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

jperryss

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 05:28:09 PM »
Never knew about that, thanks. Just to be on the safe side is this the correct site/seller?

Yep.

TR0N

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 06:10:59 PM »
Also I noticed before there are PCE copies on ebay that were sold in a black case and a white one, any reason for that?

The black case is from the original release and the white case is from the later PC Engine Fan (magazine) reissue version.  Either way it's the same game - just the packaging was changed.

Man, you guys sure know your stuff on this site haha! I appreciate the help you and others have given this PCE/TG newbie. Maybe i'll bug my wife into getting me a PCE copy for Christmas next year!

Better yet, just get a everdrive and copy the U.S rom on to it.

It is,that's krikzz store front for selling the everdrive,better prices then what stoneagegamer.com wants.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

seieienbu

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 06:14:25 PM »
I figure if I was going to spend thousands on a game, I might as well add 3 hundred or so to check it out in person, make sure it works, etc.

Does anyone know how many copies of Magical Chase were made?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

jelloslug

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 01:51:48 AM »
I figure if I was going to spend thousands on a game, I might as well add 3 hundred or so to check it out in person, make sure it works, etc.

Does anyone know how many copies of Magical Chase were made?

Around 5000 or so.

blueraven

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 05:18:32 PM »
I assume "Taking offers" means "Down Payment On A Condo"
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 03:37:55 AM »
The graphical differences aren't worth the stupid pricetag, and I prefer the goony tetris blocks in level 1 anyway.   The biggest difference is the castle in level 1.  but even that is not worth no 3000 extra monies.

The game's not even worth 150$, IMO.

If you want a bitch on a broom shooting stuff, get Cotton for like 8$
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

jperryss

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 04:19:44 AM »
The graphical differences aren't worth the stupid pricetag, and I prefer the goony tetris blocks in level 1 anyway.   The biggest difference is the castle in level 1.  but even that is not worth no 3000 extra monies.

I think both games are good and for anyone that just wants to play the game, the PCE version is the way to go since the differences are minimal. Or a flash cart.

But where have you seen Cotton (any version) for under $40-50?

chany60126

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 04:27:49 AM »
A couple years ago after posting a WTB Laseractive thread, somehow I received a mysterious email to my personal email account from a guy with a bunch of LA stuff.  It was the most unsafe transaction I ever made, but I threw a few hundred dollars the guy's way and he delivered the games as promised.  If I would've used ebay, same items would've cost me double what I paid...  that is if I even was able to find Blue Chicago Blues.

Moral of the story is that sometimes you have to take a horrible gamble to get a deal.  So far it seems humanity is full of kind folks and I believe that 90% of the time it will work out.  Aka- I am an idiot.

If he's holding out for thousands, then there's no excuse not to setup a PayPal account or do something with some security.

This is just pure speculation, but perhaps he doesn't want to use PayPal because of possible tax implications. If you receive a certain amount of money related to PayPal sales receipts, you will receive a 1099-K form at the end of the year that you will have to claim on your personal income tax return, mostly likely as business income on Schedule C..
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:31:33 AM by chany60126 »
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 04:51:23 AM »

I think both games are good and for anyone that just wants to play the game, the PCE version is the way to go since the differences are minimal. Or a flash cart.

I bought Cotton from some Japanese eBay seller's website for <10$.  I got that, Cal 2 and 3, all the Cosmic Fantasy games, and something else.

This was ~3 years ago.   When the flying f*ck did the game go up to like 60$. Hory clap!

That sucks.   I'd still take Cotton over Magical Chase
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 04:51:57 AM »

Its called Akihabara in Japan. :P Oh yeah and of course GameDude assuming they even have it in stock.

DarkKobold

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 05:07:55 AM »

If he's holding out for thousands, then there's no excuse not to setup a PayPal account or do something with some security.

This is just pure speculation, but perhaps he doesn't want to use PayPal because of possible tax implications. If you receive a certain amount of money related to PayPal sales receipts, you will receive a 1099-K form at the end of the year that you will have to claim on your personal income tax return, mostly likely as business income on Schedule C..

The threshold for paypal to send your info to the feds is $20,000. However, you are still supposed to pay taxes on any profits from ebay or internet sales.
Hey, you.