Author Topic: Missing Tray Insert for Ys III  (Read 353 times)

slayback

Missing Tray Insert for Ys III
« on: December 21, 2012, 04:08:45 AM »
I just picked up a (mostly) complete copy of Ys III this week, but later realized the CD case is missing the tray insert.  It's going to bug me to no end having an unlabeled CD on the shelf.  Could anyone point me to a scan so I could print my own, or does anyone know how I could get one?  Most of the replacements I've seen are for discs that came without inserts.

Thanks!
-slayback

slayback

Re: Missing Tray Insert for Ys III
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 05:26:57 AM »
Well I'm working on creating this from scans of my Ys 2 and images I've found.  Would anyone be interested in the PSD when I'm done?  It could easily be used for any game.

esteban

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 06:49:45 AM »
If you have a template of decent quality, I'm sure folks would like to play around with it/modify it :)

|    | 

jelloslug

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 07:32:41 AM »
I can scan it when I go back to work after Christmas.

slayback

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 09:22:53 AM »
I'd love a proper scan.  My recreation is being done without any scan, so while it'd be passable, it's not going to be ideal.

slayback

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 10:18:10 AM »
Here's the current state.  Again, I don't have any scan to base this from.  The "CD Game" logo is a bit of a mess.  That's the primary spot I think the scan will help me clean up.

FULL IMAGE

hoobs88

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 11:08:31 AM »
Bernie had scanned a bunch of manuals/inserts. If he doesn't have one available in his thread, PM me and I'll be happy to scan mine for you.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

slayback

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 04:15:52 AM »
I never got a Ys III scan, other than a very bad version I found on Moby games.  I scanned my Ys I & II to get good sources for the spine logos and CD Game logo.  I'm using Acorn (OS X image editor) and when I export it to PSD, it's 2GB.  I'd be happy to share the acorn file with anyone interested in it (~55MB).  This is the result:

FULL VERSION

galam

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 04:46:55 AM »
Yours looks good, but if you still need an original, I just scanned mine for ya...

http://www.dotsandloops.com/turbo/scanys.jpg

esteban

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 03:55:15 AM »
I never got a Ys III scan, other than a very bad version I found on Moby games.  I scanned my Ys I & II to get good sources for the spine logos and CD Game logo.  I'm using Acorn (OS X image editor) and when I export it to PSD, it's 2GB.  I'd be happy to share the acorn file with anyone interested in it (~55MB).  This is the result:

FULL VERSION

Ha! Your version is nicer than a real scan. It will print clean, clear and crisp.

Yours looks good, but if you still need an original, I just scanned mine for ya...

ASIDE: I don't know what I'm looking at, but I love the Looney Tunes stuff...
  |    | 

galam

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 03:57:22 AM »

ASIDE: I don't know what I'm looking at, but I love the Looney Tunes stuff...

HAHA.  Those are early 90's skateboard graphics.  The names are all pro's from back in the day.  Most folks know Jason Lee (EARL!)

slayback

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 08:45:40 AM »

Thanks so much!  I see that I used the wrong logo (TG16 vs TGCD) on the spine.  Ys book 1 & 2 used the TG16 logo.  I guess I had it right the first time!

galam

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 08:48:45 AM »

Thanks so much!  I see that I used the wrong logo (TG16 vs TGCD) on the spine.  Ys book 1 & 2 used the TG16 logo.  I guess I had it right the first time!

well, if anything, i'm glad my scan helped you get as accurate as possible!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:52:40 AM by galam »