Author Topic: The Forgotten PCE Projects of MindRec  (Read 536 times)

bt

Re: The Forgotten PCE Projects of MindRec
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 05:32:18 AM »
So, I just watched the video. In Xymati, I liked how "mindrec" was spelled out by the cosmic girders floating in space. I am intrigued by the "I & II control speed" play mechanics...what's the scoop? Was this simply to cycle through 3-4 speeds (a la Blazing Lazers/GunHed) or was Xymati pioneering somme new stuff?

These are all just early prototypes, so nothing in there was meant for "final deployment."  The speed control really was just to show off some different scrolling speeds of the background.  At the top speed the background flies by *really* fast.

bt

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 05:36:51 AM »
Any chance of getting one of them finished. Maybe through a Kickstarter?

I have given some though to leveraging "crowdfunding," but the bottom line remains the same ... it's a matter of time to get things done, and although there is a devoted audience for the Turbo/PCE softs, the market is minute.  Several of the games in there were pretty close to begin completely playable (Rainbow Hopper and the Bubble Demo come to mind), so those would be good candidates to test the current waters.  I am not saying it will happen, but a likely scenario would be to work on those (when not plugging away on Xymati for the PC: http://xymati.com or http://facebook.com/xymati) and see if there is any interest in a crowd funded CD pressing of those.  Maybe even use that as filler material for the MB re-print.  Just ideas.

bt

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 05:42:15 AM »
The xymati and PC Gunjin parts nearly brought a tear to my eye!!

FINISH THEM!!!!  :)

Xymati is close to being done, just not on the PCE (I know, I know).  And done is a relative term here.  I have full weapons int eh PC port, bombs are now working and all sorts of other things.

The stuff in Xymati, would be difficult to do on the PCE.  not saying that it cannot be done, but it would be challenging to fit all that content into the 256 KB of memory.  By putting it on the PC and hopefully XBLA), I can keep that 16-bit GFX look, and have the game that we want, on a platform that has a much bigger user base than our beloved (but ever failing) Turbo hardware units.

Depending on how this works out, I am thinking that PCG or the RPG could be revived, but there's a  lot of gates that need to be passed through before we get to the decision point.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 09:23:47 AM »
Woah, I never saw the newer tiles for the RPG, nice.  I do hope you get to do that re-print of MBDX.  I think I heard you were going to go with the same group that we used for Mysterious Song?  Any chance of updating any gfx, maybe touching up the cinemas, adding voice acting, etc., or more likely it'll be a straight up re-print?

More then anything, I do hope you find time to work on PCG, that's one department of games the Turbo lacked, & I don't think we have any specific plans for any kind of run n' gun just yet.  BTW, have you heard anything from Nate of Vodkatron, I haven't heard from him in months, I should probably try emailing him again.

bt

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 09:35:02 AM »
I was looking at a few small updates -- nothing major.  Including a lot of the signature edition features, and one of the MindRec splash screens.

And yes, I spoke with Nate yesterday (on the phone) for about an hour.

Woah, I never saw the newer tiles for the RPG, nice.  I do hope you get to do that re-print of MBDX.  I think I heard you were going to go with the same group that we used for Mysterious Song?  Any chance of updating any gfx, maybe touching up the cinemas, adding voice acting, etc., or more likely it'll be a straight up re-print?

More then anything, I do hope you find time to work on PCG, that's one department of games the Turbo lacked, & I don't think we have any specific plans for any kind of run n' gun just yet.  BTW, have you heard anything from Nate of Vodkatron, I haven't heard from him in months, I should probably try emailing him again.