Author Topic: Just completed my Turbografx-16 Collection!  (Read 1641 times)

Lost Monkey

Re: Just completed my Turbografx-16 Collection!
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 01:50:06 PM »

What game is it at 5:02 that you briefly point out as being rare/expensive?

Looks like Soldier Blade: Special Version

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 01:53:01 PM »
Congratulations on completing the set!

Have you ever considered purchasing some TG-16 box protectors?  I picked some up a couple of months ago, and they make my box collection look great!
That game is Soldier Blade Special Edition. It's one of those cards used only for gaming competitions and were never meant to be sold in stores. I was thinking of picking some of those ups.

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
Congrats man!  Btw I noticed your wrestling belt with the Zonk theme.  This is the same type of belt the WWE/F used for the tag team champions when Ax and Smash from Demolition had them in the '90s!  Too cool!  Can you shed some light on this? Got any pics?

It's actually a former WWE Smackdown Tagteam title bout with some cardboard on it.

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »
Awesome collection! now it is time to sell it  :twisted:

What year was the AirZonk tournament I do not rememebr that. :-k
I just submitted that high score to EGM since they were having a high score challenge and my score was posted in issue 45.

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 02:03:42 PM »
Um, dude, I hate to break it to you, but that DH is a counterfeit.
I checked online photos and played it just to be sure and it seems pretty legit.

turboswimbz

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »
I checked online photos and played it just to be sure and it seems pretty legit.

man check the thread - he was making a joke a joke. :)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 02:18:19 PM »

I know but I did all that stuff after I got the game and before he made that joke.

turboswimbz

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 02:34:15 PM »

I know but I did all that stuff after I got the game and before he made that joke.

YEAH i would have done the SAME!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Tatsujin

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 04:58:39 PM »
konkrats bro :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Bardoly

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 05:57:39 PM »
Congratulations on completing the set!

Have you ever considered purchasing some TG-16 box protectors?  I picked some up a couple of months ago, and they make my box collection look great!
That game is Soldier Blade Special Edition. It's one of those cards used only for gaming competitions and were never meant to be sold in stores. I was thinking of picking some of those ups.

I've seen a little information about these but most websites don't seem to include them in their list. - GameFAQS and PCEngine.com

MotherGunner

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2012, 06:37:32 PM »
It was a pretty good video. I truly appreciate the genuine humility and enthusiasm you've displayed, Des.  Some here (they know who they are) come here flaunting and bragging about their haul in a very pompous way but there is NO DOUBT you truly love the Turbobs and this is what makes this forum awesome.  Much respect, Sir!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

vestcoat

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2012, 08:08:59 PM »
Some here (they know who they are) come here flaunting and bragging about their haul in a very pompous way but there is NO DOUBT you truly love the Turbobs and this is what makes this forum awesome.  Much respect, Sir!
Des was bragging, but it was like listening to a six-year-old kid bragging. Kind of endearing. Or maybe Canadians aren't as pompous. Anyway, if one can be congratulated on spending money, congrats. DH is a great game.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2012, 10:07:06 PM »
It was a pretty good video. I truly appreciate the genuine humility and enthusiasm you've displayed, Des.  Some here (they know who they are) come here flaunting and bragging about their haul in a very pompous way but there is NO DOUBT you truly love the Turbobs and this is what makes this forum awesome.  Much respect, Sir!

/\ This /\. A lot of the time when you see videos like this pop up its more about the person just rubbing some lucky grab in peoples faces more then anything, and you can just tell it's going to be placed on a shelf, sit for a few months or a year, then be resold for profit more likely then not.

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2012, 11:38:36 PM »

/\ This /\. A lot of the time when you see videos like this pop up its more about the person just rubbing some lucky grab in peoples faces more then anything, and you can just tell it's going to be placed on a shelf, sit for a few months or a year, then be resold for profit more likely then not.
Yeah, I didn't want to be like one of those guys on Youtube that just makes a particle video showing off a rare game they got recently and then say how cheap they got for just to proof what a big shot they are. I had a 13 year mission to find them all and this was the conclusion to that quest and paying 350 isn't exactly bragging too much (well, many a little) since it's still a ton of money, eh? In the end I wanted to experience everything Turbografx both the good and the bad and thankfully Dynastic Hero is a pretty decent game so far and there's no way I'm reselling it.

SuperPlay

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2012, 11:50:26 PM »
Nice work on completing your collection :-)