Author Topic: Reddit user scores tons of TG16 stuff (including protos) from an NEC employee.  (Read 373 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

Someone in North America now has a kick ass collection of Keith Courage and TV Sports games. Congrats.

DarkKobold

Someone in North America now has a kick ass collection of Keith Courage and TV Sports games. Congrats.

.... Or over 2/3rds of a US fullset in one haul. Yer smert.
Hey, you.

Jibbajaba

Damn, that's a lot of copies of Keith Courage and TV Sports Football.  I bet the TG16 isn't even RGB-modded.  I hope he didn't pay too much.

Chris

ccovell

TV Sports Baseball is in there...  :idea:

ProfessorProfessorson

.... Or over 2/3rds of a US fullset in one haul. Yer smert.

Its called sarcasm, but considering it's you who didn't get it, I'm not surprised. It is pretty humorous though that like some cock sucking vampire, you are right there on the scene to try to suck the life's blood out of the guys lucky find by trying to buy the proto cd-rs and manuals off him, and telling him his Super System Card is "mostly useless". You can't even get your shit straight. He also had Shadow of the Beast, Prince of Persia, and Shape Shifter proto for Super Cd, so hardly useless there by any means, and he can always buy more games.

From DarkKobold:
So, nothing in this list is SUPER RARE, but you've got a bunch of the late TTI releases that can be pricy (40-80).

Bomberman 93, Samurai Ghost, Dead Moon, Ghost Manor, Air Zonk, Time Cruise, Jackie Chan, and etc are all pretty valuable titles.

I'd be interested in some of those manuals, if you'd be willing to part with them.

Also, those CDRs and that handwritten baseball game :)

EDIT: Oh, by far the most valuable piece is that super system card, which complete goes for $150 - 300, depending on your buyer.

The super system card acts as a v3.0 CD bios plus extra system RAM, which allows you to play Super CD games, like Gate of Thunder, Cotton, Dungeon Explorer 2, Godzilla, Super Air Zonk, and etc, on the TurboCD attachment. Note that the Turbo Duo came with this BIOS and RAM built in, so the card was only necessary for attachment owners. I believe it was a mail-order only, hence its extreme rarity.

Thing is, there really isn't a single cheap super CD game. Even John Madden is $30-40. You do have Gate of Thunder, but the rest of your CD games are all normal Turbo CDs, so the card is mostly useless to you, and the $10-20 v2.0 CD card would work for those.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:12:00 PM by ProfessorProfessorson »

HercTNT

mostly useless! kinda makes you look like a dickface kobold, care to explain?

DarkKobold

I already told him the price (including the high end). Clearly I was out to scam him.

P.S. I already have a CIC Super System 3 Card.
Hey, you.

blueraven

I see that you are being trolled on reddit for your comments.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

HercTNT

I don't know, I guess its all in the wording. I don't know enough to prove anything, but it looks like you threw on your elve slippers and cape and flew in to scalp a noob.

DarkKobold

I don't know, I guess its all in the wording. I don't know enough to prove anything, but it looks like you threw on your elve slippers and cape and flew in to scalp a noob.

By telling him honest price ranges on something I'm not interested in? I'm the worst scalper ever.
Hey, you.

Jibbajaba

Maybe you're just stupid?  If you think about it, it would explain a lot...

Chris

ProfessorProfessorson

I already told him the price (including the high end). Clearly I was out to scam him.

No one directly said scam. Thats your words, not ours. Coming from a guilty conscience maybe? The fact remains, you are pathetic. Right off the bat you are trying to buy shit off the guy instead of just congratulation him and telling him to enjoy the stuff, and you are giving him completely false info on what Super Cd titles he has and how useless his Super System card was. You didn't even begin to mention how cheap import titles could be purchased for on ebay and elsewhere for Cd and Super Cd. You also did not give him a link or invite to join here so that he could be among new found brothers and get access to tons of information. Very very classy of you....

DarkKobold

No one directly said scam. Thats your words, not ours. Coming from a guilty conscience maybe? The fact remains, you are pathetic. Right off the bat you are trying to buy shit off the guy instead of just congratulation him and telling him to enjoy the stuff, and you are giving him completely false info on what Super Cd titles he has and how useless his Super System card was. You didn't even begin to mention how cheap import titles could be purchased for on ebay and elsewhere for Cd and Super Cd. You also did not give him a link or invite to join here so that he could be among new found brothers and get access to tons of information. Very very classy of you....

Man, why didn't I invite him here? Everyone is just so nice <3 !

Yes, I was wrong about the Super CDs. Jesus, harp on one throw away comment, that was admittedly wrong.

This is what I get for trying to generate some Original Content here.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:35:18 PM by DarkKobold »
Hey, you.