Author Topic: Mysterious Song EX dungeon maps  (Read 538 times)

TheOldMan

Re: Mysterious Song EX dungeon maps
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 08:23:08 AM »
I don't think the random battles were that bad. Maybe every 10-15 steps.
It did feel like a grinding level, though. Fight the monsters until near death, exit the level and save/heal, and try again. I remember rushing through it (with lots of heals) and getting my a$$ kicked on the next level.
I actually went back into it until I was much higher in xp, so I could make it through the next part :)

The final level shouldn't scare you too much. There is an easy way through it. But you will want to check it all out
to find things and gain xp.

roflmao

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 04:19:13 PM »
For those on the fence about buying this, the EX dungeons aren't even unlocked until you complete the initial story.  Granted the initial story is VERY short, there's a lot of good gameplay there that imo is enough to purchase the game.  I plan on playing through it again.  The EX dungeons, I think, are supposed to be a hard-as-nails bonus, like a throwback to the games of yesteryear.  So I think it's appropriately devilishly difficult.  Also, from what I've gathered, it's been completely developed in-house, meaning it's the work of our own forum members, which is pretty bad-ass.

esteban

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 05:15:19 PM »
For those on the fence about buying this, the EX dungeons aren't even unlocked until you complete the initial story.  Granted the initial story is VERY short, there's a lot of good gameplay there that imo is enough to purchase the game.  I plan on playing through it again.  The EX dungeons, I think, are supposed to be a hard-as-nails bonus, like a throwback to the games of yesteryear.  So I think it's appropriately devilishly difficult.  Also, from what I've gathered, it's been completely developed in-house, meaning it's the work of our own forum members, which is pretty bad-ass.

Ab. So. Lutely.

I've been loving every bit of the Mysterious Song release, and EX was a necessary (and awesome) addition to maintain my interest. If only commercial games had the foresight to include stuff like this!

|    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 11:21:08 AM »
I'll probably never get to play thru the EX dungeons, it's just too difficult for my tastes, I'd probably have to use an emulator & do save states for my weaksauce skills!

Question, has anyone here happened upon any other unlockables besides the EX dungeon & the bestiary/armory/etc.?  If not...well, there just may be some more extra stuff...maybe :) 

Also, speaking of the EX dungeon, has anyone come across any....odd enemies that seem entirely random...& difficult(& I don't mean any dragons, I mean....odd!)?  I dare not say more, for fear of spoiling anyone.

esteban

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 02:06:43 PM »
I'll probably never get to play thru the EX dungeons, it's just too difficult for my tastes, I'd probably have to use an emulator & do save states for my weaksauce skills!

Question, has anyone here happened upon any other unlockables besides the EX dungeon & the bestiary/armory/etc.?  If not...well, there just may be some more extra stuff...maybe :) 

Also, speaking of the EX dungeon, has anyone come across any....odd enemies that seem entirely random...& difficult(& I don't mean any dragons, I mean....odd!)?  I dare not say more, for fear of spoiling anyone.

Well, I discovered the hidden 3D mini-game ages ago...

|    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 09:05:39 AM »

Well, I discovered the hidden 3D mini-game ages ago...

Well, yeah, there's that....but perhaps there's more you've yet to discover? :)

Mishran

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 01:25:38 PM »
Well, I've gotten a bit frustrated with the EX map. I've necessarily decided to take some time away from it and popped PP in to play that for a while. Get back to it eventually... just like M&M3. :-"