Author Topic: Falcom OSTs on japan iTunes  (Read 375 times)

rolins

Falcom OSTs on japan iTunes
« on: March 01, 2006, 09:46:04 AM »
Why can't Falcom give OST access to the english version of iTunes? It would increase their sales if they do.

http://www.msx.org/Falcom-goes-iTunes.newspost3601.html  :)

-

FM-77

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »
Fairly unrelated, but when I popped in my Ys ETERNAL CD-ROM (not Ys COMPLETE) and had iTunes running, it found all the track names. I mean, this is Ys ETERNAL -- an obscure Japanese RPG from 1998. I found it surprising they had the CDDA in the Gracenote database.

esteban

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 01:46:19 PM »
Quote from: "Seldane"
Fairly unrelated, but when I popped in my Ys ETERNAL CD-ROM (not Ys COMPLETE) and had iTunes running, it found all the track names. I mean, this is Ys ETERNAL -- an obscure Japanese RPG from 1998. I found it surprising they had the CDDA in the Gracenote database.
I find that most OST recordings I own are in the CDDB (or whatever it's called)... I think that fans have taken the time to enter the info, which is very, very kool. Some folks have even taken the time to enter English and Japanese track listing info. WOW! :)
  |    | 

akamichi

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 03:16:54 PM »
The same thing happened to me.  I put YsIV in my drive so I could rip the tracks and little did I know, someone had put the info in the CDDB! (or freedb.. don't remember which)

That was a nice surprise. :)

Digi.k

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 12:20:58 PM »
OMG that reminds me... there was a CD set that I wanted to buy and I had the chance to get it when I was in Hong Kong around 1992.  I stumbled into this little music CD shop in one of those shopping malls and came across this shelf that had like 30 Falcom music CDs...  One of them was Falcom Neo Classics which was recorded by the  London Symphony Orchestra.  It features music from Dragon Slayer and Ys etc..  I really wanted to buy it but the price was about 400 HKD which is roughly about 80 USD and that was too expensive for me at that time.. so I left it there >__<

fast forward to 1995 I went back to Hong Kong and the same shop but the CD was gone... >_______________<

All I have is this (well whats left of it)  Falcom  special Box 95.. but I chucked away the box, metal pin badge that was probably some cute character from Xanadu and 3rd CD that featured all the PSG music to Ys 4....... >________________________________<;

All I have left is the Drama CD of Legend of Xanadu and JDKE renditions of Dragon Slayer Legend of Heroes III (which sounds utterly wonderful)

esteban

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 06:30:47 AM »
^ I've never heard anything from the '95 Box Set, but I'm sure there are lots of goodies on there :)

Quote from: "akamichi"
The same thing happened to me.  I put YsIV in my drive so I could rip the tracks and little did I know, someone had put the info in the CDDB! (or freedb.. don't remember which)

That was a nice surprise. :)
Yes, that is very kool. Bless the folks who do that (as long as they are entering reliable info)! I'd do it myself if I could figure out production / musician credits.
  |    | 

Digi.k

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 01:55:45 PM »
I've converted some of those cd audio tracks to mp3s but I no where to host them.. if anyone can tell me a place where to upload them I'd love to share them with you all.