Author Topic: Skateboarders Can Also Be Retro Game Nerds ...  (Read 2207 times)

Tatsujin

Re: Skateboarders Can Also Be Retro Game Nerds ...
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 02:42:59 AM »
nice stickers up there too :)

tho couldn't spot any "skateboarding is not a crime" or "support your local skateboarder" ones :)

when my dad worked as a silkscreen printer back in the 80s, I gave him two stickers of the above and he printed me like hundreds of 'em. we stuck them up over the whole village..lol.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 03:54:22 AM »
Oh shit, Tatsujin in the sk8 house ? Nice .. I still to this day watch all The Bones Brigade video's .. Frankie Hill's part on Ban This is hell epic to date! Last year I got the hook up from a friend of mine and I got a very special invite to see the screening for the Bones Brigade documentary .. The whole Bones Brigade team was their except for Tommy Guerrero .. That was the first time in over 20 years I had been star struck by any former or current pro sk8r's .. I'm till date still really mixed up in the sk8board industry .. It's all part of what I grew up doing, but seeing all those dudes in the same place was soo amazing .. It was actually the first time The Bones Brigade was all in the same place in about a decade in a half .. Gators documentary is super good theirs also the Christian Hosi documentary and the Steve Rocco one called The Man Who Souled The World that ones is crazy sick .. It covers pretty much how Steve Rocco got the 90's street sk8n scene up and running full speed .. lol I'm always hungry to sk8 !!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 03:57:26 AM »
oh man.  that caballero board is wicked.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 04:04:52 AM »
Ha total noob on posting my pics! Lol the pic that looks like I got a SMEARED POOP STAIN on my bed sheet which is a coffee stain .. This is one of my pride and joy sk8boards signed by the Bones Brigade .. f*ck I HOPE IT'S A COFFEE STAIN !! LOL ...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:28:19 AM by Nec.Game.head »
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

bob

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 07:50:16 AM »
Who is that with the board in the mouth? Im reserving comment until i know...
:)
Something in that pic is tugging hard at the center of my skateboard purist core.
If you remember Consolodated Skateboards, you might know what i mean.

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 08:25:31 AM »
Ha lol dude that's me !!! Last year my boy Vincent Baily came to stay at my house from Boston to get some filming done. He always brings me a fat package from concepts..  That's the homie Eli Reeds pro model I'm reppin. The 2 pics on my first post are of me also in action.. I now ride for a company called Sensitive.. Vince will be at my place again on the 23rd .. Every winter he comes through to get his cali winter time sk8 on... He's the dude to the right of me with the white Nike Sb shirt..  Always hungry to Sk8!!!

bob

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 08:43:20 AM »
I'm from the boston area too and the weather is NOT skate friendly in january.  Im stiffer than han solo in carbonite right now.

Anyway, what i was referring to in my previous post about your picture...
GET THOSE f*ckING NIKE SHIRTS OFF!!

:) LOL.

I was so pissed when they entered the skate market.  Growing up in the 90's era of skateboarding, its only natural to scoff at big business trying to exploit skating for "street cred".  (In nikes case, outside of basketball.) 
I dont want to see skate shoes rolling out of the same factory as golf clubs.

But on a brighter note, i will happy to join vinnie on his trip this year. Thanks for the invite!
Haha!

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 09:00:06 AM »
Dude I can feel what ur saying.. I just can't say no thanks to free product  .. Your welcome to come visit anytime. I got filmers and spots for days.

psychobear

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »
Speaking of old-school skaters, did you guys ever see the documentary on Mark "Gator" Rogowski? It's called "Stoked: The Rise and Fall of Gator". It's pretty damned fascinating, and it also has some great old-school skating footage.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271211/

I haven't seen this one heard it was good, did you the the one about Christian Hasoi, that one is pretty good.
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0782079/

bob

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 09:27:27 AM »
Dude I can feel what ur saying.. I just can't say no thanks to free product

Haha. I hear ya. I'm just harking back to my teenage days.

soop

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 10:37:18 AM »
Dude I can feel what ur saying.. I just can't say no thanks to free product

Haha. I hear ya. I'm just harking back to my teenage days.

dude, I feel you, but with skate shoes at the moment, the trend is for old school garish hipsterness.  I'm all about the 90's, so I had some baddass yellow custom bikes before the supra skytop 3's I'm rocking now

KingDrool

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2013, 03:10:55 AM »
Speaking of old-school skaters, did you guys ever see the documentary on Mark "Gator" Rogowski? It's called "Stoked: The Rise and Fall of Gator". It's pretty damned fascinating, and it also has some great old-school skating footage.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271211/

I haven't seen this one heard it was good, did you the the one about Christian Hasoi, that one is pretty good.
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0782079/

Haven't seen the Hasoi one.

The Gator one blew my mind. He was my favorite skater back in the day, and I kind of forgot about him after I fell out of skating. Then I saw this movie, and SPOILER: he f*cking killed a woman! What?!
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

bob

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2013, 04:09:25 AM »
Another good documentary to check out is Steve Rocco's "Man Who Souled the World".  It's a fun ride through the 90's skate powerhouses.

To mix in a bit of 'bob here, when I was featured in a magazine a couple years back, I made sure to wear a 4Star shirt for my photo...

http://www.dotsandloops.com/retro/scan.pdf
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:23:20 AM by galam »

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 09:13:27 AM »
KILL ROCCO !!! That dude rocks !!!

Tatsujin

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 02:21:13 PM »
do you guys have any pictures from the old sk8ing times?

I have had only about two or three from the late 80s, but coulnd't find any of them so far :(

@NGH, yeah frankie hill (literally) rocked big times in ban this (and the soundtrack was so awesome too). even uploaded his part somewhere on youtube once.
also always was a fan of lance mountain. very oldskoolish guy. not the best, but instead probably the funniest sk8er of all time :lol:

I really would like to do some skateboarding again, but now I'm going towards the 38, and not the most flexible and light person anymore. probably will teach my son some few stuff, when he's bit more grown up.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^