Author Topic: Skateboarders Can Also Be Retro Game Nerds ...  (Read 2198 times)

KingDrool

Re: Skateboarders Can Also Be Retro Game Nerds ...
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2013, 03:21:34 AM »
Ouch!

I forgot to post the board I got this summer. Here it is:
http://landyachtz.com/D25.cfm?PID=523

Again, I'm old and out-of-shape, so I went with the Cadillac of skateboards. This thing is so cozy to cruise on. Bamboo deck, cushioned grip-tape. It's the perfect old man board. ;)
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Tatsujin

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2013, 03:47:55 AM »
I could NEVER ride such a ..thing..srsl & sry
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

bob

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2013, 03:56:26 AM »
Ouch!

I forgot to post the board I got this summer. Here it is:
http://landyachtz.com/D25.cfm?PID=523

Again, I'm old and out-of-shape, so I went with the Cadillac of skateboards. This thing is so cozy to cruise on. Bamboo deck, cushioned grip-tape. It's the perfect old man board. ;)

cushioned grip tape??  I have never heard of such a thing.
do you wear these shoes when riding it?   :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just kidding, those long-boards are super fun.

KingDrool

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2013, 04:38:04 AM »
Ha! I should get some orthopedic shoes.

But yeah, the grip tape is slightly thicker than the normal stuff and has a little sponginess to it. Combine that with the flexibility of the bamboo deck and it's a sweet-ass ride!
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2013, 05:20:01 AM »

The one on the left is what I'm using.

Powell or gtfo.

I also don't use any of those newer skateshoes.

vans or gtfo.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

toymachine78

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2013, 03:53:54 PM »
I agree!  :)

KingDrool

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2014, 04:07:22 AM »
I'm resurrecting this thread because Minnesota is finally thawing out and I spent all weekend skating around our neighborhood with my kids. What a f*ckin' great time!

I bought a board for my oldest (6) and he's doing surprisingly well, considering his age. He picked out this board: http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m0v9CDWdKoY-BdBLmOS1zMQ.jpg

What can I say? The kid loves zombies.

But shit, after a good 6+ hours of skating, my tubby old body is sore today!

Got one to sell? PM me!

jtucci31

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2014, 05:06:25 AM »
I'm resurrecting this thread because Minnesota is finally thawing out and I spent all weekend skating around our neighborhood with my kids. What a f*ckin' great time!

I bought a board for my oldest (6) and he's doing surprisingly well, considering his age. He picked out this board: http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m0v9CDWdKoY-BdBLmOS1zMQ.jpg

What can I say? The kid loves zombies.

But shit, after a good 6+ hours of skating, my tubby old body is sore today!

With the weather finally getting nice in the Chicagoland area, i plan on skating a little today. As much as i love staring at the tv for hours, riding around has its perks too.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2014, 04:35:01 PM »
Skated from age 12 to 20. First deck was a yellow Foundation "Yuck Fou." Damn, I wish I still had that thing. Got decent for a while and almost got sponsored by a local shop when I was 16, but shit happens when too many damn kids are gunning for the spot. The shop still gave me a ton of free shit when they could, so I was unofficially on or something, not really. lol Met a lot of really cool people through skating back in the day, sadly I don't talk to a damn one of them besides my oldest and best friend. Actually painful to sit here and think about all those people whom I miss dearly, yet can't bring myself to look up. Been way too long, I feel sometimes its better to just move on. I associate skateboarding with pain now, wish I didn't. Damn. just, damn. Damn.

geise

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 07:43:00 AM »
My first board was an Alva.  The boards I had in the 80's used to last quite a while.  Then, when all the decks went the same style I was going through one every couple months.

toymachine78

« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2014, 09:31:18 AM »
My first deck was an Alien Workshop Lab Rat. I loved their original designs. Their artwork sucks now.

bob

« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »
My first board was a chris livingston h-street.

jtucci31

« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2014, 10:18:53 AM »

Skated from age 12 to 20. First deck was a yellow Foundation "Yuck Fou." Damn, I wish I still had that thing. Got decent for a while and almost got sponsored by a local shop when I was 16, but shit happens when too many damn kids are gunning for the spot. The shop still gave me a ton of free shit when they could, so I was unofficially on or something, not really. lol Met a lot of really cool people through skating back in the day, sadly I don't talk to a damn one of them besides my oldest and best friend. Actually painful to sit here and think about all those people whom I miss dearly, yet can't bring myself to look up. Been way too long, I feel sometimes its better to just move on. I associate skateboarding with pain now, wish I didn't. Damn. just, damn. Damn.

That's really cool that you were getting stuff for free. I'm sorry that you associate bad with skateboarding now :/

geise

« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2014, 10:49:03 AM »
Haha! Yeah, now it's like "Man I really hope my insurance covers this..."

HailingTheThings

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2014, 03:46:51 PM »

That's really cool that you were getting stuff for free. I'm sorry that you associate bad with skateboarding now :/

Getting free stuffs is always cool, for the most part, deep down I feel bad to feel indebted to anyone, though. I was young so whatev.

No need to feel sawrs about the way I feel nowadays, mister, it's just my evolution into mean-old-coot-hood, ya know? lol