Author Topic: Turbo Grafx Collecting  (Read 2156 times)

esteban

Re: Turbo Grafx Collecting
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2013, 08:47:38 AM »
DISCLAIMER: It goes without saying that I love Zeta. I always look forward to his posts. Plus, he can be cantankerous. 

|    | 

MotherGunner

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2013, 09:46:41 AM »
DISCLAIMER: It goes without saying that I love Zeta. I always look forward to his posts. Plus, he can be leperous. 

Fixed.
 =]

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

TheClash603

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2013, 11:14:49 AM »
Haha, how have I been missing these posts?

It is funny, I never looked at that Moto Roader box art before, it is f*cking awful!  I love the game, so I must just be so excited to play, I just skip over the art.

I honestly spent no less than 10 minutes looking at this f*cking thing, it doesn't make sense.  The mirror theory makes no sense because you are looking at the wrong side of the car behind him and the helmet theory makes no sense at all for many reasons.

esteban

« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2013, 08:17:21 PM »
I honestly spent no less than 10 minutes looking at this f*cking thing, it doesn't make sense.  The mirror theory makes no sense because you are looking at the wrong side of the car behind him and the helmet theory makes no sense at all for many reasons.

Re-read my post where I reveal the simple truth of this image. It makes perfect sense.

|    | 

glazball

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2013, 12:55:32 AM »
 As esteban pointed out, the mirrored helmet is indeed reflecting Roader's world.  His one handed grip on the wheel exudes calmness, but look again.  Look at his eyes.  They betray an intense fear, as if he is a prisoner inside that unforgiving cage of a helmet, forced to only look forward towards the finish line.  Anything less than first place gets him vaporized in the horrible, dystopian future world of Moto Roader.  Will this be Roader's last race?
glazball's game collection and wantlist

vestcoat

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2013, 06:59:52 AM »
Will this be Roader's last race?
f*ck no. Gonna get va-poo-rized? Hit run+select, sucker,

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2013, 07:49:57 AM »

There, happy?

TheClash603

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2013, 08:05:05 AM »
WHAT THEY GAVE YOU

WHAT THEY MEANT TO GIVE YOU

esteban

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2013, 09:43:48 AM »

As esteban pointed out, the mirrored helmet is indeed reflecting Roader's world.  His one handed grip on the wheel exudes calmness, but look again.  Look at his eyes.  They betray an intense fear, as if he is a prisoner inside that unforgiving cage of a helmet, forced to only look forward towards the finish line.  Anything less than first place gets him vaporized in the horrible, dystopian future world of Moto Roader.  Will this be Roader's last race?

|    | 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2013, 10:28:53 AM »
I've learned so much.

sonikthehedgehog

« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2013, 07:57:01 AM »
I've always been about completing the set but I just focus on the good games now. I have pretty much everything I want and have moved on to the JP releases.

esteban

« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2013, 10:49:01 PM »

|    | 

Duo_R

« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2013, 01:55:57 AM »
I think I always assumed that was a helmet. But Esteban's post just made me appreciate the art a little more. A thread where we do some art appreciation (or lack of appreciation) for some of the covers would be awesome.
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

esteban

« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2013, 12:46:19 AM »
I think I always assumed that was a helmet. But Esteban's post just made me appreciate the art a little more. A thread where we do some art appreciation (or lack of appreciation) for some of the covers would be awesome.

Hahhahahahaha. Anyway....

STATUS: Yes, that is L'helmet de NCS, which, as I have established, is standard issue in futuristic racing circuits/worlds/universes.

|    | 

Gladiator316

« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2013, 05:59:45 AM »
To me personally collecting just for the sake of having it or bragging to others is a serious waste of time and money...I do have a lot of systems and majority of my games are the big title releases and few in number, but for this system i decided to collect every game only cause there are 94 chip games and i honestly really like playing the bad ones from time to time...unlike the 800+ library for the NES in which maybe 30 or so are good games worth playing.
93/94 TurboChips