Author Topic: More people know what intellivision and celcovison look like than the TG-16?  (Read 1351 times)

turboswimbz

Here are Quiz reslults from a quiz I took on the sporcle site: 

http://www.sporcle.com/games/JonnyWalker/saving_dont_turn_off_the_power/results

The idea behing the quiz is to correctly guess the systems by just thier power buttons.

Notice that  the system least guess correctly is the tg-16 by only 2.4% of those who took it.   :x :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well All the more reason to love it I guess.  Do you guys get "What the hell is a turboGrafx 16 as often as I do?
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

ccovell

Damn...  I got 15 out of 16 correct, but #14 just baffled me.  (I only ever touched the 1st generation of that console...)

jelloslug

Got them all.  #14 was the hardest one.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Those were all easy.   I have all of those...

I loled at the Turbo Grafx one.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

PunkicCyborg

i missed the sega master system ii
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Frank_fjs

Got them all. MS2 not big in the USA?

csgx1

I missed the original xbox.  Looks like buttons from a DVD player.  That's one of the few systems I've never owned.

ParanoiaDragon

Ah, got em' all right, but would've stumbled on the Colecovision had it not been mentioned here.  I don't think I ever knew anybody with one.  If I did, I don't remember it.  I did have problems with the N64 for some reason, & it took awhile to think of the original Xbox, as well as the SMS, since I never saw the one in question, in person.

FiftyQuid

Man, I missed the N64.  I've never seen one before.

Could they have used a worse picture for the TG-16?  I almost didn't recognise it because the black console seemed orange/brown on my laptop screen.  Overexposed photo?  They could have at least shown the orange label by the power.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

soop

I missed three - the OG Xbox, the Intellivision, and the SMS II.  Probably wouldn't have got the colecovision if it hadn't been mentioned.

DragonmasterDan

I missed the SMS II as well.
--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

I missed the SMS II as well.

I play the shit outta my SMS and somehow I missed it too.

DragonmasterDan

I play the shit outta my SMS and somehow I missed it too.

I don't have a model II SMS. So while I've played my original model quite a bit, I've never had the RF only, card slot-less bastard version.
--DragonmasterDan

jelloslug

Got them all. MS2 not big in the USA?
Not at all.  The original master system was clobbered by the NES and by the time SEGA released the MSII the Genesis was everyone was buying.

DragonmasterDan

Not at all.  The original master system was clobbered by the NES and by the time SEGA released the MSII the Genesis was everyone was buying.

Ehh, the MSII came out in 1990 before the Genesis came on strong in 1991. The SMS II was mostly a discount item and was only carried by a handful of stores at release. Most places discontinued selling SMS stuff in the US by that point. So it was mostly limited to Babbages, Software Etc, Electronics Boutique, and Toys R us selling the SMS II.
--DragonmasterDan