Author Topic: Do you play you Turbo Games to beat them or more for fun?  (Read 850 times)

Nec.Game.head

Re: Do you play you Turbo Games to beat them or more for fun?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 03:45:39 AM »
I play games to figure them out and eventually beat them .. If it's really fun but is too difficult for myself to beat then I will just get one of my gamer buddies in the mix and take turns on the stages until one of us beats it .. I really play games to see the endings, especially when playing rpg's ...
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

soop

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 04:23:41 AM »
Funnnnn!

Obfuscate

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 06:23:11 AM »
Beating them is part of the fun but I don't torture myself trying to beat games I don't enjoy.

bartre

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 06:36:30 AM »
I generally play them until i get distracted, so, mostly for fun I guess.
however, occasionally i get a bug up my butt and decide to take a certain game down.
that, and when i'm gaming with one or two buddies, we'll just sit down with one game and bend it over the coffee table.

Aggie Tsubi

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 10:19:02 AM »
Both. :) I tend to have the most fun with games when I get really invested in them. If I mess around with a game, not really caring how well I'm doing or if I'm making any progress, I probably will grow tired of it soon and stop playing. The strive for progression (or to just do better in games that can't be beaten) keeps things exciting.

TheClash603

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 12:07:36 PM »
My typical approach is to beat 97% of a game and then stop.  For some reason I don't get satisfaction from an end screen, but rather it just kinda makes me sad because there is nothing left.

I have been doing this for 20 years...  all of my friends always make fun of me for it.

I specifically remember making it to the Bowser Castle in Mario Sunshine in college and just not finishing the game.  My roommate and I got in a big fight over it for some reason, because he said he was going to use my save to beat the game.  After like a month of arguing, I finally bit the bullet and beat the game rather than having to hide my memory card.

I do the same with my TG16 library...  :)

Bernie

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »
I generally play them until i get distracted, so, mostly for fun I guess.
however, occasionally i get a bug up my butt and decide to take a certain game down.
that, and when i'm gaming with one or two buddies, we'll just sit down with one game and bend it over the coffee table.

You get bugs in your butt!!!????  Yucky!

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 02:18:20 PM »
I play causally for fun.  I have only ever beat one Turbo game in my whole life but what a ride that was :)

SMF

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 05:53:17 PM »
I play causally for fun.  I have only ever beat one Turbo game in my whole life but what a ride that was :)

I recommend Vigilante its short and can be completed I an 30mins. By far the easiest Turbo game released.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

rrob78

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 07:03:11 PM »
I play them for fun, since I'm bad at shooters, I still can't pass the first level on Blazing Lazers, but I still play it. Frustrates me though, lol

KnightWarrior

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 07:53:25 PM »
I play for fun

esteban

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 05:36:17 AM »
Q: Fun vs. Ending Credits?

A: Both.

ULTIMATELY I want to beat every game I play, but, REALISTICALLY some games make me choke, so I just work on them year after year (Super Pitfall and Bayou Billy on NES, etc.)

I CERTAINLY PLAY FRUSTRATING and/or LAME GAMES in order to have fun/beat them. I get obsessed with games and I'll want to beat them (or, at least, get to the next stage), to the point of masochism. MASOCHISM IS FUN FOR ME.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:38:05 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

tggodfrey

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 02:53:47 PM »
I def play a game to beat it thats why I dont like open ended games of today.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

roflmao

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »
Before I had a kid, I often played a game to beat it.  Now I play for fun.  When I have the opportunity.

lukester

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 03:43:46 AM »

I recommend Vigilante its short and can be completed I an 30mins. By far the easiest Turbo game released.

I love Vigilante. Great sequel to Spartan X. It only takes about 15 to play through the game, plus not much more to practice. :)