Author Topic: Parodius - let's discuss.  (Read 623 times)

esteban

Re: Parodius - let's discuss.
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 04:50:01 PM »

OCTOPUSSY is his name.

|    | 

Tatsujin

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 07:58:10 PM »
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

soop

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 09:00:41 PM »
I might try the octopus next.

lukester

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 09:54:40 PM »
I'm a big fan of Salamander. Fast, short and fun, with lots of variety, unlike the long, plodding journey in Gradius. Parodius is better than Gradius, but out of the three, Salamander has the best gameplay.

Mathius

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 04:07:17 AM »
I have never been a big fan of Twin Bee's bell power-up system. Thankfully in Parodius you can pretty much ignore the bells if you so wish. Though I do grab the gold ones for score.

I also have the SFC version and it is wondrous to behold. I do enjoy the PCE version's music better, however. The system's buzzy soundchip fits the style of the game better than the SFC's MIDI sound.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

gradius

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 11:50:08 PM »
Octopus is my favourite character too.

I've never played the PCE version despite owning it a number of years. The super famicom and more recently the pcb are the versions I know the best.

I have all the gradius/salamander/Parodius games on pcb. Sexy Parodius is my fave in that series but the original Gradius is my all time fave, it's the reason I got into arcade gaming!

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »
Sexy Parodius is my fave in that series but the original Gradius is my all time fave, it's the reason I got into arcade gaming!
Took me a bit, but I managed to score a Sexy. I always loved he Saturn port so when I got into cabs and PCB's, I had to track it down. I bought Sexy from Try-inc via a firend living in Japan but when I received it, I found out it was Chatting. Little communication break down there. Luckly, a buddy stateside stays current on the FS: threads and saw one go up and snaged it for me. Sold the Chatting, replaced it with Sexy and I've been a happy camper.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

pc_kwajalein

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 04:19:30 AM »
The guys at Konami must've had a blast making the Parodius games.

Of all the Parodius titles, I think I favor Parodius Da! the most. They say you never forget your first, and Da! was the first I played. Sexy, Chatting, and Fantastic are all excellent games, but gimme my Da! and I'm a happy camper. 

My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

Mathius

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 05:06:02 AM »
The guys at Konami must've had a blast making the Parodius games.

Of all the Parodius titles, I think I favor Parodius Da! the most. They say you never forget your first, and Da! was the first I played. Sexy, Chatting, and Fantastic are all excellent games, but gimme my Da! and I'm a happy camper. 

Da! was my first experience too, followed my Sexy. I still haven't played any other game in the series. Maybe I'll pick up the collection for the Saturn one day if I can find a good deal.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406