Author Topic: WTB: New Sealed Ys Book 1&2 US version  (Read 1579 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: WTB: New Sealed Ys Book 1&2 US version
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 02:44:20 AM »
livid = furious or pale.  So were you mad that you were getting Ys instead of Magical Dinosaur Tour, or did you nearly pass out from the shock of finding Adol in your cupboard and the sudden rush of blood to your nether regions at the prospect of getting a TG-CD?

P.S. - sealed games are dumb; giving money to VGA is even dumber.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

chadti99

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 04:00:06 AM »
yah livid would be the wrong word, thanks for pointing that out, made the correction
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:05:57 AM by chadti99 »

Jibbajaba

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 04:02:05 AM »
I've got a CIB retail copy of Ys that I could neatly wrap in cling film and get TurboStars graded for you.

I understand that the game has strong nostalgic importance for you, but I still don't understand the need to have a sealed VGA-graded copy.  Do you still have the copy that your parents gave you?  There are a LOT of games that are nostalgically important to me.  So what I do is keep playable copies of all of them in my library.  Ideally CIB so that I can have all of the cool stuff hat came with the game.

Chris

chadti99

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 04:15:53 AM »
JibbaJabba I've already answered all these questions.  Not sure why I'm getting beat up here. I'm not forcing anyone else to buy sealed games or asking anyone to send money to VGA.  Please start a new thread for hating on VGA or sealed game buyers.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 04:30:42 AM »
chadti, don't get these guys wrong.  You are new here, so I can see it as easy to take it as being attacked.  They aren't actually attacking your idea, not fully anyway.  I personally see what you are wanting to do.  I wouldn't do it, maybe a nice MINTY box, but not the entire game.  One of the main reasons you are getting some of the comments is because we have seen a lot of people trying to sell this kinda thing on eBay for huge amounts of money.  I think you have proven that is not your intent here.  Just don't get offended by some of the guy's ideas.  :) 

chadti99

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2013, 04:42:54 AM »
chadti, don't get these guys wrong.  You are new here, so I can see it as easy to take it as being attacked.  They aren't actually attacking your idea, not fully anyway.  I personally see what you are wanting to do.  I wouldn't do it, maybe a nice MINTY box, but not the entire game.  One of the main reasons you are getting some of the comments is because we have seen a lot of people trying to sell this kinda thing on eBay for huge amounts of money.  I think you have proven that is not your intent here.  Just don't get offended by some of the guy's ideas.  :)  

Thanks Bernie,  as I've said before it doesn't have to be sealed because I might open it and have the box, map, jewel case, and CD all framed together.  I think that would look great.  I'm one of those folks that puts Zagg shields on their entire phone, hell I haven't removed the plastic film from my WiiU yet, I just like my stuff looking nice and perfect.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:48:08 AM by chadti99 »

RoyVegas

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 05:37:40 AM »

All is well. :)

psychobear

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 05:45:41 AM »
Haha yes that made my day!!

chadti99

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013, 05:55:11 AM »
Nice Roy, where do you get your copy? Let me know if you would like to part with it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 06:59:20 AM by chadti99 »

RoyVegas

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013, 07:14:57 AM »
Nice Roy, where do you get your copy?

I bought it on eBay for $10 shipped around 2 years ago. It's amazing what you can get if you can be patient (I learned this the hard way).
All is well. :)

SignOfZeta

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 10:37:17 AM »
If the only reason to get the game VGA graded is to protect it from UV light then...why not just leave it in a drawer and protect it from all visible radiation? It's not like your going to play it, it's sealed.

Or better yet, just don't even buy it.

Black Tiger

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 11:05:36 AM »
If the only reason to get the game VGA graded is to protect it from UV light then...why not just leave it in a drawer and protect it from all visible radiation? It's not like your going to play it, it's sealed.

Or better yet, just don't even buy it.

You don't have to keep it in a drawer or UV filtering case to protect it from the wear of possessing it. It is already safe from any harm you'd cause it by being in the possession of someone else. Once the novelty of not playing it wears off and you decide to sell it, it will be very easy to do as the transaction is already complete!
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

chadti99

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 11:14:47 AM »
I can't say that I really understand the aggression here.  I already have a copy I can play anytime.  I would like to have a new or mint copy that I can get framed and have displayed.  I'm not sure how this is any different than any other form of collecting be it classic cars, fine art, or comic books.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:21:38 AM by chadti99 »

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 11:16:19 AM »
They just having a little fun is all.  :)

TheClash603

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 11:29:59 AM »
I like the last idea, where he said he wanted to frame the game, the map, the instructions, and the box together.  If it were done right, that would be kinda a cool thing.  I have seen similar framing of sports memorabilia or music items, etc.  Especially since you can get a CIB game for like $60 and professional framing would be a few hundred bucks, it is a reasonably priced display piece.  Also, since this is a pretty common game, it isn't like throwing one in a frame is going to make it so none of us can easily access a CD only copy for $30ish any day of the week.

HOWEVER, if you don't also have a playable copy at your disposal, then framing your only copy would be awful.

FINALLY, getting the game sealed to open it up and do this, doesn't make any sense at all...