Author Topic: Cleaning turbo cds  (Read 802 times)

Sparky

Re: Cleaning turbo cds
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 12:17:59 PM »
If it is safe on a corvette it is safe on your disc :)
Hey, Sparky... did you ever look at that Vette you were telling me about a few months ago? Any luck with it or are you still looking?

Haha...I want it man, just need to work on the wife. Spring is a coming

FiftyQuid

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 12:24:14 PM »
What? I am not screwing with you... I have done this many times and residue? Would a guy that owns a corvette be happy with residue, no there is none. Also google how to clean a cd... The first one that pops up is this...

http://labnol.blogspot.ca/2006/07/how-to-clean-dvd-or-cd-disc.html?m=1

Look at the second last point on the direction to clean it.. Take it or leave it Mr. Worry I am telling you the truth

This is brilliant.  I never would have thought of it, but it makes perfect sense.  I won't ask how you fell into this Sparky, but I'm off to Crappy Tire tomorrow to get me a bottle.  Thanks!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Sparky

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 12:33:08 PM »
What? I am not screwing with you... I have done this many times and residue? Would a guy that owns a corvette be happy with residue, no there is none. Also google how to clean a cd... The first one that pops up is this...

http://labnol.blogspot.ca/2006/07/how-to-clean-dvd-or-cd-disc.html?m=1

Look at the second last point on the direction to clean it.. Take it or leave it Mr. Worry I am telling you the truth

This is brilliant.  I never would have thought of it, but it makes perfect sense.  I won't ask how you fell into this Sparky, but I'm off to Crappy Tire tomorrow to get me a bottle.  Thanks!

Well I will tell you.. I had a shitty game gear system with a scratched screen.. A buddy of mine wanted it so I was going to give it to him but the screen bugged me that it was scratched so I got out my car wax and tadaaaaaa... It improved it greatly I then tried it on my game discs and CDs... The end

tpivette

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 12:33:57 PM »
If it is safe on a corvette it is safe on your disc :)
Hey, Sparky... did you ever look at that Vette you were telling me about a few months ago? Any luck with it or are you still looking?

Haha...I want it man, just need to work on the wife. Spring is a coming
Work your magic soon... prices seem to go up in the spring.

Tell her they're "on sale" now, but by spring, the sale will be over. My wife always uses that excuse when making unnecessary purchases... "It was on sale, honey. I saved you money"
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

tggodfrey

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 01:22:13 PM »
What Sparky said has worked for more than 2 decades and he is the last person who is going to try and set someone up for failure.  Carnuba wax also works well.

Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

rCadeGaming

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 01:37:19 PM »
Cmon man...  You came in here asking what people use and all.  Kinda crappy telling someone that's trying to help you, to drop part of his explanation.  I'm certain he knows just as well as the rest of us, that the chemical makeup is different.

Sorry, my thinking was that it's not a well-reasoned explanation, but I guess he didn't mean to it be.  I was the ass, being humorless; didn't mean to offend.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks guys!

Sparky

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
Your welcome :)

rCadeGaming

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 02:07:37 PM »
LOL, well now I'm going to continue being a dick.  Maybe if I pick that stuff up I can try it on a real driver's car.

Bernie

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 02:08:49 PM »
Lol

nectarsis

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »
*Waits for tpivette, or Beemer to show up*   :lol: :lol:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Sparky

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »
LOL, well now I'm going to continue being a dick.  Maybe if I pick that stuff up I can try it on a real driver's car.

Haha... Like you would ever own that Mr. Worry...  "it would use so much gas" " it's black it will show the dirt" "how can I keep the dust off it" :P

m1savage

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 02:49:40 PM »
Sticking with the car theme, Mequiar's Scratch X 2.0 also works superb on scratched discs.

Sparky

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 02:57:39 PM »
Edit.. Just agreeing with above
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:44:50 PM by Sparky »

tpivette

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 03:11:58 PM »
LOL, well now I'm going to continue being a dick.  Maybe if I pick that stuff up I can try it on a real driver's car.

Is that yours? Turbo or N/A? Definitely a nice car, but not my style. People stereotype Corvette drivers bad enough, but Porsche drivers get it even worse!

Plus, you could probably buy 2 or 3 of my car with the cash you'd spend on that one... and I bet mines faster :wink:

Drive one of these, and you may change your taste in cars...

BACK ON TOPIC: I never knew car wax could be used for cleaning CDs. I'll have to give that a try when one of mine starts acting up. Good tip!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:24:40 PM by tpivette »
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

roflmao

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 04:18:01 PM »
I don't have a fancy car to show off, but I've used car polish on my CDs in the past and sometimes it's helped and sometimes it hasn't.  But it's definitely worth giving a shot, especially if you have some in the garage.