Author Topic: SOLD SOLD For Sale: TurboGrafx-16 + CD Starter set $250 - SOLD SOLD  (Read 194 times)

turboswimbz

Selling a Turbografx-16 + CD Set up, Would be great for someone getting into the TG-16 or someone looking to upgrade.  I'm asking $250 USD.  
Here's what you get:

1 Stock - TurboGrafx-16 System - no modifications to the unit. *(Note: no dust cover, RF or tg-16 Adapter included)
1 Stock - TurboGrafx CD dock and Drive - Gears were lubed by a previous owner only - no gear or Laser change on this one - It plays everything I threw at with no problem.   If you have a problem with the CD drive in the first 3 months I'll fix it for you (this will be done through one of the techs/modders from the forums) as long as you haven't been playing CD-Rs on it.  CD-Rs kill the lasers.
1 Turbografx CD BASE AC adapter
1 2.0 CD card
1 Turbo Pad

Now since the system alone wouldn't be any fun I'm throwing in a Couple games, 2 Chip Games and 1 CD Game both cased games in good to very good condition.
Chip Games:
Kieth Courage in Alpha Zone - Case Manual and Game
Legendary Axe - Turbochip Only

CD game:
Ys 1 and 2 - Game Manual and Case

if you've been a member for 3 or more months and been active here I'll throw in 2 more games:
Drop Off and Sherlock Holmes - if you don't meet those standards I'll throw it in for additional $15

1 Final very nice surprise for anyone in the lower 48:
SHIPPING TO the LOWER 48 = $7.50 2 day Fed EX express shipping!  (FREE for 90+ day members of Course)

Shipping elsewhere depends on location and I'll let you know based on weight and location.

***please note that you'll need a standard composite y/w/r cord to play the system.  These are very common. I don't have an extra one.

I may entertain offers.

PICTURES!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:42:43 PM by turboswimbz »
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

tpivette

Re: For Sale: TurboGrafx-16 + CD Starter set $250
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:51:14 PM »
Just a few questions for not only myself, but potential buyers:

When you say "stock", I assume there hasn't been any repairs to the CD drive (as in new gears, etc)?

Also, you mentioned an AC adapter for the TG16 unit... is the one for the CD dock not included? You will need the latter to power up the system as a whole. The regular TurboGrafx AC adapter won't power the CD system.

Finally, are there any pictures of the setup?
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

turboswimbz

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 01:45:24 AM »
Just a few questions for not only myself, but potential buyers:

When you say "stock", I assume there hasn't been any repairs to the CD drive (as in new gears, etc)?

Also, you mentioned an AC adapter for the TG16 unit... is the one for the CD dock not included? You will need the latter to power up the system as a whole. The regular TurboGrafx AC adapter won't power the CD system.

Finally, are there any pictures of the setup?

Doh, typo IT IS the power supply for the CD DOCK. 
Pictures are forthcoming.
Added descriptions on the CD drive and TG deck. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 01:57:39 AM by turboswimbz »

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

chany60126

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 02:04:41 AM »
Pretty good price for set, especially since it has Ys I & II. I hope this goes to a good home. :)
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

turboswimbz

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »
pictures added of system - > pictures of games available upon request.