Author Topic: Japanese Seller on ebay?  (Read 479 times)

CPTRAVE

Japanese Seller on ebay?
« on: February 15, 2013, 03:29:44 PM »
Who is a good Japanese seller to buy from eBay?

tpivette

Re: Japanese Seller on ebay?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 03:46:22 PM »
Hit-Japan of course springs to mind, as you can usually "make offer" most of his BIN items for less than listed and he'll accept them (within reason). Although, his alter ego, www.gameofjapan.com sometimes has cheaper pricing than what's on ebay.

Another seller I've had good luck with is Yamatoku-classic
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

CPTRAVE

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 03:51:09 PM »
Sweet thanks I will check these sites out.

Bernie

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 04:06:15 PM »
Jump to Japan on eBay has awesome quality and customer service.

roflmao

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 04:13:36 PM »
I second both those recommendations. 

Just today I was looking through my ebay purchase history and realized I've purchased from Hit-Japan 18 times over the past 2.5 years :shock:!  And many of those times I was buying multiple games to save on shipping.  I love Hit-Japan.  They are also pretty generous to what they take via Best Offers. 

I've only recently (6 months or so) been using Jump to Japan, but my previous transactions have been good and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

psychobear

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 04:56:51 PM »
One more for Hit-Japan, has never decline my best offer, shipping is good and the quality of his stuff is always good.

kiketonto

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 07:12:46 PM »
Hit-Japan and Yamatoku are the shops I bought a lot of games last year.
Games in good shape and cheaper prices.

RainMaker

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »
Ebay seller Ryoplaneshop from japan is a great seller. Bought my duo arcade card from him. Has a ton of PC engine games.

geise

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 12:52:28 AM »
Thanks Rainmaker.  Good to know.  I haven't used ebay for turbo stuff in quite a while since prices have gone crazy stupid.  Nice to know about another good seller.  Also, welcome to the forums!

Corredor X

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 03:58:32 AM »
In terms of videogame stuff, around half of everything I got from eBay in the last years I bought from HIT Japan. I even got my IFU-30 from him, he always has nice prices.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 09:27:20 AM »
I buy from Yamatoku all the time - guy is top notch with customer service and his stuff is, for the most part, in amazing condition. Takes really good care to package things correctly and ships almost immediately after you pay. 100% recommended.

Aggie Tsubi

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 01:29:18 PM »
I'm warming up to Hit-Japan lately. Yamatoku used to be my fave by far, but the shipping fees have doubled since the days when I'd buy from him a lot. But worse yet, it seems like there are a lot of Yamatoku "fanboys" now, who only follow and bid on his auctions, driving them up to stupid prices. If I do a search for an item and find other sellers who have sold it recently, the Yamatoku listing is almost always more expensive, sometimes significantly so. Just makes you scratch your head and wonder what is wrong with these buyers. With Hit-Japan, I may have to haggle to get a fair price, but he'll still typically accept a price that's lower than a Yamatoku auction would end at. Of course, there are still fair deals to be had with Yamatoku from time to time, so I continue to watch auctions I'm interested in.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 02:43:29 AM »
I'm warming up to Hit-Japan lately. Yamatoku used to be my fave by far, but the shipping fees have doubled since the days when I'd buy from him a lot. But worse yet, it seems like there are a lot of Yamatoku "fanboys" now, who only follow and bid on his auctions, driving them up to stupid prices. If I do a search for an item and find other sellers who have sold it recently, the Yamatoku listing is almost always more expensive, sometimes significantly so. Just makes you scratch your head and wonder what is wrong with these buyers. With Hit-Japan, I may have to haggle to get a fair price, but he'll still typically accept a price that's lower than a Yamatoku auction would end at. Of course, there are still fair deals to be had with Yamatoku from time to time, so I continue to watch auctions I'm interested in.

Yamatoku has always done combined shipping for me and routinely gives me loyalty discounts - strange that your experience is so different. I will agree that some of his more sought-after-games auctions tend to get bidded up and sniped a lot but if you're picking up run of the mill stuff it's still a good deal.

jelloslug

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 05:34:44 AM »
The last thing I bought from Hit-Japan came boxed in an outer box for a case of the Japanese version The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time cartrages.

futureman2000

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 06:35:03 AM »
I had an issue with a doa duo controller from Hit-japan, and they were very cool about it- especially considering that it was a sub-$20 item. And as stated above, they are very responsive to decent offers on their stuff.
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!