Author Topic: Thrift Store  (Read 2702 times)

420GOAT

Re: Thrift Store
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 11:25:17 AM »
thrift stores are a very big business with hipsters and the economy being what they are. $45 is swapmeet price, but cool in the wild anyway.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

futureman2000

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 11:31:44 AM »
Or they could put that Turbo on shopgoodwill.com, where it will sell for $235.00
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

Gladiator316

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »
Or they could put that Turbo on shopgoodwill.com, where it will sell for $235.00

Yeah they would do something like that...Doesn't that defeat the purpose of goodwill...suppose to be charity prices for the less fortunate...Im sure they would put it on shopgoodwill.com...but i doubt it would sell.

My goodwill hoards all the games behind the counter instead of putting them out...so I already know that they are going off ebay or amazon.
93/94 TurboChips

KnightWarrior

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 12:50:55 PM »
Well I went back today ..Nothing, But

I was walking out I gave the CD a look..then I saw something 7 TurboGrafx Games .I picked out 4..the 2 ladies wasn't there to look stuff sooo, the Tall Lady there though it was some Computer Games..Haha

I got these for $10 + tax..If I would of came thursday..the Manager would have looks the 4 games up on Ebay,  I know World Class Baseball & TV Sport Football isn't worth much on ebay

Bardoly

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »
Well I went back today ..Nothing, But

I was walking out I gave the CD a look..then I saw something 7 TurboGrafx Games .I picked out 4..the 2 ladies wasn't there to look stuff sooo, the Tall Lady there though it was some Computer Games..Haha

I got these for $10 + tax..If I would of came thursday..the Manager would have looks the 4 games up on Ebay,  I know World Class Baseball & TV Sport Football isn't worth much on ebay

Picture isn't viewable for me.  Can you type the game titles?

Thanks.

KnightWarrior

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 02:30:22 PM »
It's not refresh again

All CIB's

Bonk's Adventure
The Legendary Axe
Splatterhouse
Battle Ace - SuperGrafx

csgx1

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 03:57:01 PM »
It's not refresh again

All CIB's

Bonk's Adventure
The Legendary Axe
Splatterhouse
Battle Ace - SuperGrafx

Nice score!  If you found a Supergrafx game, then there might even be a cheap Supergrafx system laying around in that store somewhere too. 

Sadler

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 04:15:08 PM »
I've never seen a TG16 game at a thrift shop. I have, however, found lots of other games and game systems for good prices. Salvation Army near me has the best prices. Games are $2, systems are usually $10-15. I've picked up a Gameboy Advance, N64, Gamecube and probably 20+ Gamecube, PS2 and XBox titles for super cheap. Goodwill tends to be twice that price and has a worse selection.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »
I've never seen a TG16 game at a thrift shop. I have, however, found lots of other games and game systems for good prices. Salvation Army near me has the best prices. Games are $2, systems are usually $10-15. I've picked up a Gameboy Advance, N64, Gamecube and probably 20+ Gamecube, PS2 and XBox titles for super cheap. Goodwill tends to be twice that price and has a worse selection.
Back in the late 90s and early 2000s I did. Hell thats where I got a turbo tap and a few games for like $10. Nowadays, I'll be lucky to find NES games that aren't gouged.

KnightWarrior

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 05:53:13 AM »
I be seeing only sports stuff in the wild..

Carparama

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 08:35:21 AM »
I remember a few years ago seeing a brand new TurboGrafx-16 at a "Value Village" for 10 bucks.  I had just purchased a new one for my dad for somewhere around $55 or so, so I was pumped.  Came with Blazing Lazers too, which was awesome.

I thought it was lost in a move, but my parents recently found it, and I'm going to bring it home today.  All games in tact (minus Bomberman and Bomberman '93 so my dad can play 'em!)

xelement5x

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2013, 05:31:58 AM »
It's not refresh again

All CIB's

Bonk's Adventure
The Legendary Axe
Splatterhouse
Battle Ace - SuperGrafx

Wow, a SuperGrafx game a thrift store, I think I've heard it all now! 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2013, 05:49:20 AM »
i think the boxed IFU i got off of ebay a year ago was a thrift store find. It has the 14.99 written on it in crayon
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

KnightWarrior

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2013, 06:46:27 AM »
How much does Bonk and Battle Ace go for here??

psychobear

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2013, 06:50:33 AM »
I've only found a Keith courage card in a legendary axe case, I have to bring it home.