Author Topic: Introduction to the forum...sort of LOL  (Read 648 times)

BigusSchmuck

Re: Introduction to the forum...sort of LOL
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 11:54:49 AM »
Quite frankly, if you grew up in the 90s and read any kind of big video gaming magazines (EGM, Gamepro, etc.) you would have heard about the Turbo and the PC Engine. I don't think its as obscure as people think it is. Now as for the Amiga CD 32... Anyway, welcome aboard!

Bardoly

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 01:04:34 PM »
Welcome to Pcenginefx!

Now, jump into the discussions!

Gladiator316

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 03:15:43 AM »
Welcome to Pcenginefx!

just started a topic Bardoly...join in :-)
93/94 TurboChips

Bardoly

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 06:08:33 AM »
Welcome to Pcenginefx!

just started a topic Bardoly...join in :-)

I thought that I 'sort of' did.  :P

Johnny Turbo

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 07:09:53 PM »
I'm also new to the forums. I have been a lurker here for awhile. Until about 2 months ago i never had a turbo unit at all. I wanted a US duo but due to their unreliable qualities i was hesitant to bull the trigger. I finally managed to get a recapped unit that works great with Ys book 1&2 and Galaga 90'. I couldn't think of a better place to ask this question. Is there any requirement to post in the B/S/T thread? Do you guys mostly sell on here or on ebay? I'm definitely not a reseller. I haven't ever sold anything on ebay. I can't seem to part with any of my games ha ha! I want to beef up my TG collection but there is no way I'm paying the price of some of these games on ebay. I mean i understand that some games are expensive. I collected all the expensive games for the US saturn(except for daytona netlink edition), but turbo ebay listings are INSANE! Sorry for hijacking the thread   :(
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 07:14:58 PM by Johnny Turbo »

pc_kwajalein

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 03:40:45 AM »
I'm also new to the forums. I couldn't think of a better place to ask this question. Do you guys mostly sell on here or on ebay?

I'm new to this forum as well, but have been in the gaming buy/sell/trade arena for about 13 years. I buy more than I sell. I have 130+ total transations on Ebay and only 20 of them have seen me in the seller role. When it comes to retro gaming forums like PCEFX or Digital Press, I prefer to sell to members of the boards BEFORE putting them on Ebay. I don't mind someone buying a game or two from me who actually might play and appreciate it as opposed to some guy looking to mark it up later. Plus, I find dealing with like-minded people a tremendous advantage over Ebay.   
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 02:51:36 PM »
Welcome aboard Gladiator316 .. lol Now get with the program and start OBEYING !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Tatsujin

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 03:24:02 PM »
I sort of like the sort of introduction he sort of a way sort of did to the forum.. sort of :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

esteban

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 05:31:18 AM »

A belated "WELCOME" to all the lazy bastards joining us. I AWAIT YOUR MULTIPLE POSTS!
  |    | 

Gladiator316

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »

A belated "WELCOME" to all the lazy bastards joining us. I AWAIT YOUR MULTIPLE POSTS!

LOL Im working on it...life just gets in the way.
93/94 TurboChips

esteban

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 11:01:07 AM »

LOL Im working on it...life just gets in the way.

No problem.

Welcome :)

I have since grown to adore the Turbografx 16 and the unique library of games ( Dracula X, Bonk Series, Splatterhouse, just to name a few). I can't believe this system was not more widely known...

You know, I always find this statement to be somewhat odd. I guess it is possible the system really wasn't well known among players in other areas, but where I live currently, which is where I also grew up at, NLR area of Arkansas, the Turbografx was widely known. It may not have been widely popular with everyone, but pretty much every kid I knew during the TG-16 systems retail life span that cared about video games on any kind of level knew about the Turbografx 16. Toys R Us, Software Etc, and Electronics Boutique all carried games for it, as did Sears and some other retail chains.

Also, don't be scared off by the Professor's rather lengthy (but enjoyable) post in this thread. I think he makes a good point (there was information, albeit limited, about the TG-16/Lynx/3DO/etc. in popular multi-platform mags for those inclined to spend a few minutes to read the handful of pages they filled collectively)... of course, lots of folks would furiously flip the pages of magazines and only stop for certain content...so, interestingly, we have a situation where readers were often very selective with the information that would be absorbed into their brains.

For example, I remember skipping all the Lynx coverage in magazines because I knew my friend (with Lynx) hunted down any morsel of coverage the Lynx received (not unlike the situation TG-16 owners were in).

ANYWAY

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:02:44 AM by esteban »
  |    |