Author Topic: Ys Books I & II -- Feena's/Intro theme?  (Read 344 times)

Punch

Ys Books I & II -- Feena's/Intro theme?
« on: March 06, 2013, 07:43:14 AM »
Anyone knows where I can find the theme that plays in the intro of the classic Ys I & II without the narration? I've heard about Hudson Soft music samplers but I didn't find much info about it.

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Just found the tg-16.com soundtrack link but the only thing from Ys there was ripped from the disc... still searching.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:21:15 AM by Punch »

Punch

Re: Ys Books I & II -- Feena's/Intro theme?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
Well I'm overwhelmed with the options presented in this thread, thanks!

Someone should at least have posted "no I don't know"...

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 03:10:03 AM »
Well I'm overwhelmed with the options presented in this thread, thanks!

Someone should at least have posted "no I don't know"...

Aren't the lack of posts enough of an answer?  Posting just to say "I do not know, human!", not even offering some tips on where to look, is just a cruel tease.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Punch

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 03:13:07 AM »
Yeah, you're probably right. The search still continues, though. If I find something I'll post here :)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 03:19:02 AM »
I don't know.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 06:38:13 AM »
Falcom has released more soundtracks than they have games. I'm not exaggerating. I'm pretty sure that's what has kept them in business all these years.

Checking the US iTunes store I see they have 56 albums. I'm not sure if the exact version of the tune used in the PC Engine/TG-16 version of Ys 1&2 is actually in there, but there should be something pretty close. There are definitely different versions of it.

One you might like is track 9 from Ys ZANMAI.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ys-zanmai/id599929246

WingZeroKai

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 07:32:03 AM »
I believe Ryo Yonemitsu did the arrangements for the PCE CD games, so searching for his work might get you somewhere.

Punch

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 07:41:16 AM »
I believe Ryo Yonemitsu did the arrangements for the PCE CD games, so searching for his work might get you somewhere.

Yeah I think I have a clear target now: "Perfect Collection Ys I•II Complete Works of Ryo Yonemitsu"
It's purchaseable on iTunes so I guess my search ends here  :dance:. Thanks for the tip, I really need to improve my google skills haha.

EDIT: No, the "Perfect Collection" wasn't what I was looking for. My last hope is Hudson's 1990 Music Works but I can't find it anywhere. Goddamit.
http://www.videogameden.com/good.htm?hudson90

@JoshuaTurbo that's the spirit! :lol:

@SignOfZeta very cool, but I still prefer the synth sounding Ys Turbografx soundtrack. Thanks.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:17:01 AM by Punch »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 10:06:23 AM »
Obviously it exists, though likely not for the public to consume. They had to use the stand-alone track to remove the silly Japanese voice and put celebrated actor Alan Oppenheimer's voice on it. Not sure where the dubbing was done for the US version, but you might try digging through their garbage bins. I'm SURE they haven't been dumped yet even after all of these years.

esteban

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 02:20:56 PM »
Not sure where the dubbing was done for the US version, but you might try digging through their garbage bins. I'm SURE they haven't been dumped yet even after all of these years.

AB. SO. LUTELY.
  |    | 

Punch

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 03:31:45 PM »
Sending a message to someone involved asking for it migth be surprisingly effective... a lot of cool stuff "leaked" onto the net are still being obtained that way.