Author Topic: Bonk 3 [SCD] For Sale (New) ...::: SOLD :::...  (Read 4062 times)

bob

Re: Bonk 3 [SCD] For Sale (New)
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2013, 11:50:38 PM »
I had a guy stringing me along on a bonk 3 CD that he said he would sell me for $100. I told him $100 wouldn't be a problem as long as it was in decent condition. Luckily, this was all in person, so I THOUGHT I would get to check it out before purchase. Well, it turned into, "yeah, I haven't found it yet, it's in a box from a recent move". Anyway, 6 trips to the guys store over 8 weeks never materialized anything so I gave up.
Eventually, I got my hands on the super RAREZ third version, for what I though was a decent price. After about 15 minutes, I said to myself, thank god I didn't pay $100 for the CD of this. I was very disappointed in the game.

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: Bonk 3 [SCD] For Sale (New)
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 12:55:46 AM »
Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
Put up or shut up.

Photos will be "put up" later today at the top of this thread. With this I end any and all future communication with you.

Photos are not the issue, references are. That is what has been requested by myself. You can post photos and rip people off all the time. You should be proving you are who you say you are, a legit seller. Do so by posting references. What are you so afraid of? If you really are legit, and a proven seller, you'd have no issue doing this, instantly for that matter as soon as it was requested. You seem more interested in avoiding the topic of references all together. That in itself is very shady and untrustworthy. Pics are worth a dime a dozen. All they tell anyone around here is that you have the game, and even then, pics can be faked and altered. The best tool in a scammers arsenal is pics. The best asset to a legit seller is his rep. Without that he is nothing. If you have no rep, you shouldn't be expecting people to wire you money, and anyone here that does it is a complete idiot with money to burn hoping against hope. And if they do, and you burn them, I def don't want to hear about it here after all the warning signs were as clear as day.

Fortunately there are potential buyers suckers who are willing to give me the benefit of the doubt totally undeserved trust with possibly $300 bucks. I hope your dream of becoming a mod comes true one day, you definitely have the temper for it. In the meantime I'm here to have fun and maybe sell a few games sell shit and leave. Take care, man.

Now now, saying "if" I was doesn't mean I'd want to be. For what its worth, this conversation has already come up before, and for the lack of mod activity here, I don't want the job. It entails too much house cleaning that no one evidently is willing to do, even the current mods, which is how people like you keep signing up to do these strange and totally fabulous sales everyone here enjoys. At any rate, thanks for clearly putting things into perspective. Its clear you lied about pulling this type of transaction off successfully multiple times (at least in the buyers favor), since you have no references to provide proving you are indeed a legit seller. Backed into a corner, nagged about it multiple times, you did nothing but try to ignore the request for proof of the such. At the end of the day, when what it amounts to for you is people just are going to have to give you "benefit of the doubt" after all the warning signs are there, all that can really be said is caveat emptor, and that if someone does get f*cked, don't say you were not warned buyer.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Re: Bonk 3 [SCD] For Sale (New) ** Photos added **
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2013, 06:41:08 AM »
Aha!!

Well, I have been going back and forth with the OP about possibly buying this game from him via email.  We have discussed some, but not all, terms of a sale.  With that said, EVERYONE here that has dealt with me, knows I am good for my word and certainly trustworthy as a buyer, trader, and seller.   Moving forward with this idea, I will basically make this sale, if that is indeed what happens, public to the forums.  Trust that before any funds are sent on my part, that other terms will be discussed since there is not a reference to go by here on a new member. 

For the OP.  Do not take any of Professor's comments to heart, nor anyone that appears to be on the offense.  Basically, most of what has been asked is what is desired by most of us.  We basically just have our word to back us up, and face it..  we don't know you enough to do that without any sort of reference.  :)  We have a pretty tight knit community here, and if you stick around long enough, I am sure you will see that.   :mrgreen: 

bob

« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2013, 07:20:57 AM »
Aha!!

Well, I have been going back and forth with the OP about possibly buying this game from him via email.  We have discussed some, but not all, terms of a sale.  With that said, EVERYONE here that has dealt with me, knows I am good for my word and certainly trustworthy as a buyer, trader, and seller.   Moving forward with this idea, I will basically make this sale, if that is indeed what happens, public to the forums.  Trust that before any funds are sent on my part, that other terms will be discussed since there is not a reference to go by here on a new member. 

For the OP.  Do not take any of Professor's comments to heart, nor anyone that appears to be on the offense.  Basically, most of what has been asked is what is desired by most of us.  We basically just have our word to back us up, and face it..  we don't know you enough to do that without any sort of reference.  :)  We have a pretty tight knit community here, and if you stick around long enough, I am sure you will see that.   :mrgreen: 

Good luck to you. And please, when (if) you receive it, post a picture of you OPENING IT!

MotherGunner

« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 08:35:15 AM »
Good luck to you. And please, when (if) you receive it, post a picture of you OPENING IT!

Most definitely. It will need to be open in order to run off professional pressed duplicates!   :wink:
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

bob

« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2013, 08:41:07 AM »

Most definitely. It will need to be open in order to run off professional pressed duplicates!   :wink:

Well, that and so bernie cant run off to some other forum and try to sell it for $600 with his third post.

MotherGunner

« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2013, 09:14:19 AM »
Nah, Bernie is way too upstanding for that!
-MG

Black Tiger

« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2013, 09:34:14 AM »
In situations like this, where a seller does not accept any form of payment or deal through a site that provides insurances against fraud... and the seller lacks appropriate references... it is customary for them to send the item first and receive payment after the buyer receives the item. -in cases where the buyer does have a solid reputation (such as Bernie).
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

bob

« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »
Nah, Bernie is way too upstanding for that!

I know, that you know, that Bernie knows, I was kidding.

NightWolve

« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2013, 01:58:18 PM »

Here they are. Please view them in their actual size.

Hm, I guess he's got the goods, sealed and all. Looks legit. I still question something, but I'll leave it unsaid.

geise

« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2013, 12:24:06 AM »
Going to the bank and getting a Cashier's check or Certified check is another way for protection.  There should be no reason the seller wouldn't accept those as payment.  For the amount of money for the sale, the seller should understand this.  He should have no problem with the buyer wanting some  kind of protection for piece of mind. It would make sense wanting to help out the buyer and make it a nice easy transaction.

Funny note:  As I completed my response the bottom add banner was a western union add.  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:40:35 AM by geise »

MotherGunner

« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2013, 04:06:55 AM »
I will have peace of mind when Bernie's transaction is safely complete.
-MG

esteban

« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2013, 04:35:54 PM »
  |    | 

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2013, 05:03:47 PM »
Status is I'm not getting the game.  I wanted him to meet me halfway and pay half up front and the other half when I got the game in.  He didn't wanna do that because it would cause him to have to make two trips.  So I turned it down.  Just can't take the chance and I don't feel my request was too far fetched considering I have nothing to go by as far as rep.  So, the only way ill get it is if he ships first and then I pay, or he allows me to pay with PayPal.  So, it's back up for grabs if someone wants it.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »
Status is I'm not getting the game.  I wanted him to meet me halfway and pay half up front and the other half when I got the game in.  He didn't wanna do that because it would cause him to have to make two trips.  So I turned it down.  Just can't take the chance and I don't feel my request was too far fetched considering I have nothing to go by as far as rep.  So, the only way ill get it is if he ships first and then I pay, or he allows me to pay with PayPal.  So, it's back up for grabs if someone wants it.

I figured as much. He expects everyone to just trust him when he is a nobody with zero rep, but he is not willing to ship first to any respected and well known dealers here. Just more warning signs with the guy.