Author Topic: Bonk 3 [SCD] For Sale (New) ...::: SOLD :::...  (Read 4055 times)

Jibbajaba

Re: Bonk 3 [SCD] For Sale (New) ** Photos added **
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2013, 11:04:32 AM »
Status is I'm not getting the game.  I wanted him to meet me halfway and pay half up front and the other half when I got the game in.  He didn't wanna do that because it would cause him to have to make two trips.  So I turned it down.  Just can't take the chance and I don't feel my request was too far fetched considering I have nothing to go by as far as rep.  So, the only way ill get it is if he ships first and then I pay, or he allows me to pay with PayPal.  So, it's back up for grabs if someone wants it.
So let me get this straight, he doesn't do paypal, doesn't want to do half up front, what will he take? Bars of gold pressed latinum? Does he really want to sell this thing or not? Or is he pulling a Torneko on not really wanting to sell a good weapon?

No, he just wants someone to mail him a money order (or cash, I suppose) and just trust that he's going to send them their game, when he has no rep here, no selling references, no nothing.  There is absolutely no excuse for not taking Paypal if the buyer is willing to pay the fees.  Unless of course he doesn't have a bank account or credit card for some reason (troubles with the IRS, an ex-wife, etc.)

I really hope that one of the lurkers who only come here to buy shit gives this guy their money and loses it all.

Chris

Mishran

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2013, 01:03:03 PM »
Just wanna put this behind me now.  Kinda a real let down....  :(

I'm a friend of a guy with a shop who bought $10,000 worth of shit from the family of a deceased collector/game store owner. 80 crates total. Supposed to have most every turbo game released including Magical Chase (sorry but that one is mine). I'm having him compile a list of games to have for me Friday. If he has Bonk 3, I'll see if I can get it for you at a decent price. Won't be sealed, but price will likely be less than half what this joker is probably asking. If your interested Bernie, shoot me a pm.

Black Tiger

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2013, 01:32:49 PM »
Where is the seller from?  Maybe someone can meet him face to face?  Sounds like the only safe option.

^good idea,

i2rbo please let us know what state/area you are shipping from so we can arrange for a local pickup.

No need. I met with the seller last night and everything went smoothly. The game was exactly as pictured and he even let me have it for $20 less to cover the cost of gas. He asked me to take a photo of him, to prove that he's legit. He would have posted one, but is having trouble digging up photos of himself.

Anyways, I tore it open as soon as I got home and fired it up. Unfortunately, it turned out to just be a broken version of the TurboChip game, with inferior tunes, choppy animation and no transformations (no wonder they never dared to release it in Japan). Oh well, at least others can learn from my mistake and skip on picking up this turd at any price.

For those who are curious, here's a pic of the game-

Still nice and minty. I guess that I could let it go for $400, as I paid $480 for it, if anyone wants it strictly as a collectible. As you can see by the photo, I definitely have the game and you can list me as i2rbo's first reference, in case the photo of him is somehow not assurance enough. Even if you can't meet in person as I did, I'm sure that he won't rip you off, even though there would be zero repercussions for him if he did. Just look at that smile.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2013, 02:05:52 PM »
That...is pretty great.

Opethian

« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »
legendary

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

MotherGunner

« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2013, 02:50:59 PM »
So let me get this straight, he doesn't do paypal, doesn't want to do half up front, what will he take? Bars of gold pressed latinum?

By the Lords of Kobold Thunder, that was funny!

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Sparky

« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2013, 03:06:18 PM »
Hahaha... Black Tiger that was too good

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2013, 04:27:15 PM »
Seriously tho, the seller was very polite in his emails, and never tried to "convince" me to buy it.  He must have his reasons why he doesn't want to use PayPal, but as a new member, it leaves all the trust on the buyer's end.  That is what will make it a hard sell.  It could be a scam, but then again, it could be legit.  It's just too hard to tell the difference with so many folks trying to screw someone over.   

SignOfZeta

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2013, 05:01:01 PM »
I'm sure he doesn't have a Paypal account because those require a permanent address and/or a job.

bob

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2013, 05:05:35 PM »
I'm sure he doesn't have a Paypal account because those require a permanent address and/or a job.

how can he have a "permanent address" in THAT car??  He just hits the gas, bro.  :roll:

NightWolve

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2013, 07:24:01 PM »
BlackTiger...I think that's the first time that he made me laugh! Bravo! ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:46:24 PM by NightWolve »

esteban

« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2013, 03:04:47 AM »
STATUS: BlackTiger, we MUST TALK ASAP. I sent you a few PM's last night around 3:30 AM but you haven't responded yet. Read the most recent PM first (it's the one with the heading "URGENT!!!! URGENT!!!! READ IMMEDIATELY!!! EMERGENCY!!!").

i2urbo promised me that he was only selling his extra Bonk 3 CD.  I wanted to buy both of the Bonk 3 CD's that he owns. He assured me that if he changed his mind, that I WOULD HAVE FIRST DIBS on his second copy.

BOTTOM LINE: I think most folks here will agree that the copy of Bonk 3 CD in your possession RIGHTFULLY BELONGS TO ME. We MUST TALK ASAP to arrange for the transfer. I trust that you won't selfishly keep something that, by all rights, belongs to me.

DON'T FORGET: In one of the PM's I sent you, I asked if you would prefer Canadian or US dollars. I have a closetful of both currencies, so simply name your preference and I'll send cash up North.

Thank you for standing up to injustice and doing the right thing. You are an upright member of this community, and I respect you for that. Let's close this deal ASAP.

EDIT: Also, it just seems natural for both copies of Bonk 3 CD to stay together. You wouldn't want to split up a family, would you BlackTiger? You're not that kind of person, I can tell. Let's get this done ASAP. Thanks.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:13:02 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

pc_kwajalein

« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2013, 04:34:48 PM »
(playing Bonk's Adventure)
Hey, this game is great!

(playing Bonk's Revenge)
Awesome! I love the new look!

(playing Bonk 3)
Uh... Hudson? What happened?

(playing Super Bonk on the SNES)
That's more like it! Apology accepted.
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

wmacmonagle

« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2013, 06:29:09 PM »
Ok I told seller I will send the wire money immediately and wanted to know where to send money to.

He responded

"Hi Billy,

OK, let's make this work. I appreciate your trust and I accept your apology for asking the mods to ban me, but I understand why you did it. You seem like a good member who looks out for others.

So, as you may have read Bernie backed out permanently. I'm willing to sell it for the 325 (shipping included) that we agreed upon. I'm in Houston, Texas. I don't know if I'll do foreign shipping, so which city/state/country are you in?

Thanks"

Houston TX. wow small world.  I told him my family lives in houston and told him Im happy to have one of my family go by and meet up in person to pay cash in full.

he has not respond yet.  Will let you know the status how great seller he is! =)

cya bud

wmac
Arcade Line Up: UDOT, Multi-Vector Duel, Tempest Multi, Mini-Galaga, Z-Hyperspin, X360 Blast City, Spiderman Pin, 96 in 1 PacMan

MotherGunner

« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2013, 06:44:45 PM »
Ok I told seller I will send the wire money immediately and wanted to know where to send money to.

He responded

"Hi Billy,

OK, let's make this work. I appreciate your trust and I accept your apology for asking the mods to ban me, but I understand why you did it. You seem like a good member who looks out for others.

So, as you may have read Bernie backed out permanently. I'm willing to sell it for the 325 (shipping included) that we agreed upon. I'm in Houston, Texas. I don't know if I'll do foreign shipping, so which city/state/country are you in?

Thanks"

Houston TX. wow small world.  I told him my family lives in houston and told him Im happy to have one of my family go by and meet up in person to pay cash in full.

he has not respond yet.  Will let you know the status how great seller he is! =)

cya bud

wmac

sent ya pm.  let s work together to make this work.  once this goes good. i can vouch for you. its win win.. anybody here who know me can vouch for me as buyer/seller also =)

Everything is cool, but PM's should remain PM's - it's not cool to post them for everyone to see. I just sent you a PM.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)