Author Topic: Best 2-player games?  (Read 914 times)

ElSeven

Re: Best 2-player games?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 04:35:36 PM »
The kick ball mini game in Chew Man Fu has to be one of the most stupid/fun two player games for the turbo.  Sure... it may lack depth, but it's the type of game that anyone could pick up and get competitive with right away.  my friends and I start cursing each other out within 2 rounds.

also, Bonanza Bros is fun too.
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 07:28:18 PM »
The kick ball mini game in Chew Man Fu has to be one of the most stupid/fun two player games for the turbo.  Sure... it may lack depth, but it's the type of game that anyone could pick up and get competitive with right away.  my friends and I start cursing each other out within 2 rounds.
I have a serious addiction to the kickball song.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 06:05:59 AM »
LE BOTTOM LINE: THE "BATTLE ARENA" IN DUNGEON EXPLORER IS THE ONLY 2+ PLAYER GAME WORTH YOUR TIME.
  |    | 

Bardoly

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 09:52:07 AM »
The absolute best PCE game for two players is...a very close tie, I'd say, between Puyo Puyo Tsu and Street Fighter II'.

The problem though is that when you trying to find something fun for someone less hardcore than you both of these games might be not so great because its possible to be really good and DESTROY other people. Puyo one of those that when you win big it just demoralizes the hell out your opponent. You can CRUSH dudes in Puyo.

So maybe Panic Bomber would be better. Its a bit more random and I'm not sure anyone in the world is actually good at it. Bonk 3 would be pretty cool too. Everyone likes Bonk. And of course Buster Bros. I'm not sure why we don't hear people talking about Buster Bros (Pomping World) more.

I really enjoy Buster Bros.  I'm just not sure what to say about it.   :mrgreen:

roflmao

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 03:43:02 PM »
Buster Brothers is an excellent 2 player co-op game!  I can't believe I forgot to mention it along with Dungeon Explorer.  Another fun 2 player co-op game is Double Dungeons.  You can fight each other if you want, but it's easy to tell early on who's going to win.

Any variation of Bomberman is great with 3+ players, but I'm not too sure about it being 1 on 1 against your gf. :/

Hellfire S and Sapphire are both fun shmups with 2 players.  Aero Blasters is also 2 players but is hard as nails.  Unrelenting.

Tatsujin

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 04:51:07 PM »
pomping world for the pce is (how so often) the best console port of that game from the 8-/16-bit era. I just so wished that they could have used the toriyama like arworks for the intermission pics. rest is top-notch and even better due to a fantastic red-book audio.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

roflmao

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »
Derp, I should have called "Buster Brothers" "Pomping World". I didn't notice what thread I was in.  :oops:

esteban

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 03:58:08 PM »

also, Bonanza Bros is fun too.

I MUST PLAY Bonanza Bros.

I don't think I ever played it more than a few minutes (arcade emulation).

|    | 

Tatsujin

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 04:20:10 PM »
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

esteban

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 07:04:40 PM »
I see what you did there.
  |    | 

roflmao

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 02:34:56 AM »
lol

retroguy

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 03:56:16 AM »
Finally! Other people who like Double Dungeons! I was seriously starting to think I was the only fan that game had.
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

roflmao

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 05:18:34 AM »
Finally! Other people who like Double Dungeons! I was seriously starting to think I was the only fan that game had.

Double Dungeons is one of my favorite Hucards!  It's so much fun in short bursts.  I don't think I'll ever beat that last level, though. :)

hoobs88

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 07:29:04 AM »

Double Dungeons is one of my favorite Hucards!  It's so much fun in short bursts.  I don't think I'll ever beat that last level, though. :)

I figured I would save time by entering letters through trial & error when I had all but 1 letter of the password to get into the final dungeon. I beat it one time many years ago and never replayed it.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

soop

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2013, 11:06:06 PM »
Yeah, pomping world is awesome.  Thumbs up from me d('_')b
Totally forgot AeroBlasters was 2 player the last time I had friends around and put it on -__-

Let's see, anything else that hasn't been said?  Oh Sapphire is 2 player but I can't remember what format was specified...

Sorry, now I can't think of anything but the injustice that Bubble Bobble was never released on PCE.