Author Topic: Best 2-player games?  (Read 910 times)

VenomMacbeth

Re: Best 2-player games?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 03:53:36 AM »

Let's see, anything else that hasn't been said?  Oh Sapphire is 2 player but I can't remember what format was specified...

I'd love to get my hands on a repro of Sapphire!  Are they still available anywhere?

Also, did Double Dungeons have a US release?  I've been thinking about just getting a TG-16 for RPGs and whatnot.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

soop

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 04:12:12 AM »
You might be lucky.  BlueBMW gave me two, and I gave my spare to Samurai Ghost.  I think a few people got two copies, so you just have to find someone willing to give you their spare.

retroguy

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 10:09:40 AM »
Also, did Double Dungeons have a US release?  I've been thinking about just getting a TG-16 for RPGs and whatnot.

Yes it did and for some reason I'll never understand, it's become a running joke on Youtube to do AVGN-style reviews of it. That irritates me because, stupid as it is, there are lots of people who will look at a review like that and then go around saying the game is terrible without ever playing it themselves even once. The longer that goes on, the more likely it is that DD will be canonized as one of the worst games ever when it's really not. At all.
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

roflmao

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 01:56:41 PM »
Yeah, you can pick up a complete version (minus box) for $15 shipped on ebay right now ($10 loose).  I'm sure if you wait you can find it for closer to $10 complete around these parts, but $15 isn't unreasonable, imo.  I love the music tracks in the game, though the main track becomes repetitive after listening to it for 30+ minutes...  Great, mindless game that you can play with a friend.