Author Topic: WTB: Turbo Duo HuCard Door  (Read 1060 times)

Phase

WTB: Turbo Duo HuCard Door
« on: April 01, 2013, 12:22:03 PM »
Got a US Turbo Duo recently off of craigslist but its missing the HuCard door. ](*,) I've had a TG16 since 92 and always wanted a Duo :)

Wondering if someone has a spare from a broken system they would want to sell?

Also what would be a fair price for one? I was thinking around 25 bucks?

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Re: WTB: Turbo Duo HuCard Door
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 12:32:28 PM »
Im sure someone here can hook ya up. 

roflmao

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 01:25:35 PM »
I dunno...  I think there are a few members here also looking for that cover.  I know there is some interest in having one manufactured much like the replacement hu-cases.  Either way, you've come to the right place to pursue your quest!  If anyone can help you out, you'll find them here. :)

turboswimbz

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 02:23:48 PM »
I dunno...  I think there are a few members here also looking for that cover.  I know there is some interest in having one manufactured much like the replacement hu-cases.  Either way, you've come to the right place to pursue your quest!  If anyone can help you out, you'll find them here. :)

Yeah I've been looking for a while . . . I am trying to get a good cad image going for possibly making a few repos but we'll see they have a couple small parts that have been pain . . . plus I;ve never used CAD and relying on others.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

BlueBMW

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 02:57:18 PM »
If I can find my old copy (ahem) of SolidWorks 2005, I could probably draw it up no problem.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Phase

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 05:23:25 PM »
Sounds like they are pretty scarce  :(

Are you thinking of 3d printing some or would making a mold from an original be better?
Would it be hard to match the plastic color?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Off topic questions- Are US duo controllers also pretty rare? I'm having a hard time finding any.

Has any one ever made a TG16 to Duo controller converter? or are they different other than the plug size?

esteban

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:27:29 AM »

Has any one ever made a TG16 to Duo controller converter? or are they different other than the plug size?

tgodfrey makes them, I have purchased from him and they work nicely.

|    | 

turboswimbz

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 01:45:13 AM »
Sounds like they are pretty scarce  :(

Are you thinking of 3d printing some or would making a mold from an original be better?
Would it be hard to match the plastic color?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Off topic questions- Are US duo controllers also pretty rare? I'm having a hard time finding any.

TheOldMAn was going to help me with this, He just needs the model.  Blue that would be helpful if you could come up with something, we were having issues with the little clip on the side.  The 3d printing, mold thing is TBD, color shouldn't be too much of an issue, but we'll see.

To answer your controller issue - PCE controllers are the same, and plentiful.  If not the converters are easy to find, TG's are excellent and very reasonably priced as esteban pointd out. :) 

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 06:30:43 AM »
The fragile nature of anything 3D printed is going to make the hinge extremely fragile. Its also going to be rough textured, which isn't very cool.

TheOldMan

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 06:49:01 AM »
Printed ABS isn't fragile at all. Its a bit flexible, which will probably help with the hinge pins.
There are various ways of treating printed pieces, and you can get a very smooth glossy finish if you put the time into it.

However, matching the color could be a real pain...

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 07:53:40 AM »
If cosmetics aren't a issue, why not try to see if there is a PC Engine Duo cover available? Or a Duo-R/RX and spray paint it black?

SignOfZeta

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 08:39:20 AM »
The R/RX lid is completely different.

futureman2000

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 09:39:37 AM »
I am still looking for a pc-engine duo cover- haven't found one yet.
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

SeymorOnion

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 12:50:33 PM »
Would you guys like clear/transparent HuCard Slot Doors, for all PCE and TG16 Systems?
The plastic would be somewhat soft and flexible (not shatter/scratch prone like acrylic).

Or would you prefer color-matched Hucard Slot Doors?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:52:58 PM by SeymorOnion »

Phase

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »
A familiar face from the cover project  :)

Hmm personally I'd rather have the color be the same as the original.