Author Topic: Girly CD's part of complete set?  (Read 2289 times)

tggodfrey

Girly CD's part of complete set?
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:51:48 PM »
Seriously, who here feels a CD set isnt complete without the lousy girly CD's?
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

tggodfrey

Re: Girly CD's part of complete set?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:53:45 PM »
I voted no.....I dont consider them as part of the set because the whole concept was dumb.  I can imagine the gamers back in the day....Joe, have you seen the new Local Girls of Hawaii disc for the duo.....It so much better than trying to make out a boob on the playboy channel scrambled!
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Bernie

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
Heck no! 

esteban

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 01:09:14 AM »
HELL NO, especially because most folks (even ardent TG-16 fans like myself) didn't even know these pathetic pieces of garbage existed back in the day.

ONLY Pokemon collect-them-all interwebz has made it IMPOSSIBLE TO IGNORE THESE PIECES OF TRASH.

DO YOU KNOW HOW BADLY I want to expel these two items from the official canon and replace them with NOTHING?

Yes, badly.

|    | 

SuperDeadite

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 01:13:55 AM »
Yes.  If you actually care about owning a full set, get the pr0n.  Don't pussy out.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

tpivette

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 02:17:32 AM »
Nope. Don't consider them part of the CD library. They'll never be in my lineup
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 02:42:42 AM »
It depends on how you define your set. The girlie games are unlicensed (and aren't actually games either). I see them as being in the same category as Implode, Meteor Blaster DX, Insanity and Pyramid Plunder. Unlicensed products intended for the US market. In the case of the girlie discs they were contemporary to when the system was on the market unlike the other software listed. But.. they're not even games, just a low res slideshow.
--DragonmasterDan

Deletion

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 02:49:30 AM »
No. They're more curiosities. Cool to have (if you can find them), but not essential.

SMF

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 02:56:59 AM »
YES...... ANYYHING TURBOB RELATED I MUST OWN AND STORE IN PROTECTIVE PLASTIC SO IN 30 YEARS I CAN RETIRE......
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SuperDeadite

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 03:59:19 AM »
A better question is what people think of the LaserActive Turbob games.  They are SuperCD games just on LaserDisks instead of CDs.  To me they are needed for a full Turbob set, but I'm sure quite a few here will disagree.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 04:01:08 AM »
A better question is what people think of the LaserActive Turbob games.  They are SuperCD games just on LaserDisks instead of CDs.  To me they are needed for a full Turbob set, but I'm sure quite a few here will disagree.

I think they fall under the Window of NEC software. But I see the LaserActive stuff as being a different platform as it used a media exclusive to Pioneer only hardware, if dealing strictly with US releases of both hardware and sofware. Now in Japan because there is an NEC branded LaserActive, that's another matter entirely for PC Engine collectors.
--DragonmasterDan

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 05:58:03 AM »
No I don't count them.  I count only officially relapsed and licensed games as part of a "full set"

FiftyQuid

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 06:17:42 AM »
They aren't listed on rarityguide.com so they don't count! 

Of course, once they are listed it's game on! :roll:
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 06:25:44 AM »
A better question is what people think of the LaserActive Turbob games.  They are SuperCD games just on LaserDisks instead of CDs.  To me they are needed for a full Turbob set, but I'm sure quite a few here will disagree.

Dude, do you not understand what "officially licensed" means? The noodie games don't even have proper logos on them.

LDROM2 isn't some format invented by random perverted pirates. Its official PCE soft all the way. The module required to play it is made by NEC/Pioneer and has a HuCard slot on it as well as an HE System logo. It couldn't be a more clear cut case.