Author Topic: Hu Cards breaking?  (Read 609 times)

galam

Re: Hu Cards breaking?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 05:47:41 AM »

BTW, Ordyne is great. f*ck you guys.

How did we know you would say this?  Too predictable.  You're losing a step man.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 06:02:42 AM by galam »

bt

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 06:36:12 AM »
Somewhere I have a Super System card that is wonky.  It works find for CD games, and not so fine for SCD games.  I figured that the SCD RAM chips had been fried, or bent, or something.

Black Tiger

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 09:35:52 AM »
I've never seen a broken HuCard, but then I've never bent one either. There is a very evocotive cartoon in the front of many manuals saying not to do this so...I never did it.

It's not so much an issue of whether you bend HuCards yourself so much as "have you ever purchased a used HuCard?"

I never bent my damaged PC Genjin 2. I tested it out after receiving if in a lot and noticed glitched graphics during the demo. None of the expected fixes worked. All the hardware I've ever bought new has performed well also. It's been secondhand consoles that have had issues. Except that recently, after twenty years, the caps in my TurboDuo have finally begun to break down. But that's not a result of misuse.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

galam

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 09:42:41 AM »
I assume poor storage over the years from careless owners (prior to you owning it) would contribite to the degradation.  Poor temp control, moist basements, humid attics could all be culprits

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 10:35:09 AM »
I assume poor storage over the years from careless owners (prior to you owning it) would contribite to the degradation.  Poor temp control, moist basements, humid attics could all be culprits

This is very true.  Heat damage for example can kill a game while keeping it looking good on the outside so you have no idea that's it's jacked.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 12:08:11 PM »

How did we know you would say this?  Too predictable.  You're losing a step man.

A narcissistic mind would think that, that everything I think and feel and say only exists in response to you, but I've been a fan of Ordyne for more than 20 years, irrespective of ROM channel flipper's opinions. It's not as good as Aeroblasters or Gate of Thunder (and the Namco Museum ver. on PS has better graphics) but its a %100 solid shooter in every way. It's better than Twinbee, IMO. I had a Duo at this time so don't think I fell in love with it because I was desperate. I had other shit to play, CDs, but he only had Hu capability.

My brother bought this game because it was cheap. At first we didn't take it seriously, but since we didn't have a lot of games for TG-16 and nobody rented them, we ended up playing it a lot and learning that it was good. ROM whores never end up doing this because they can always just flip to another ROM after they decided that the first 30 seconds of Magical Chase "sucks", as you did.

Related: my brother also bought Night Creatures at around the same time. No amount of playing ever turned up any good in that POS. It wasn't until recently when hipster douchebags started living things because they are garbage that the game earned fans.

Bernie

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 12:41:47 PM »
I mean damn!  Lmao! 

DarkKobold

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 01:34:23 PM »
I never bent my damaged PC Genjin 2. I tested it out after receiving if in a lot and noticed glitched graphics during the demo. None of the expected fixes worked. All the hardware I've ever bought new has performed well also. It's been secondhand consoles that have had issues. Except that recently, after twenty years, the caps in my TurboDuo have finally begun to break down. But that's not a result of misuse.

Interestingly, I got a handful of rental games. Every last one worked fine. The broken ordyne came in an ebay lot, where he said beforehand that it didn't work, but was his favorite game. Probably over-handling led it to break.
Hey, you.

jelloslug

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 02:46:26 AM »
I have a copy of Tailspin that has garbled graphics.

fraggore

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 02:36:57 AM »
I have 2 broken hu-cards space invaders just wont work at all and bikkuriman world loads the menu and music then tries to play demo and crashes.

Ordyne is not bad game its pretty good.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

SeymorOnion

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 05:39:55 AM »
This thread's title gives me heart palpitations.  :cry:

esteban

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 07:12:28 AM »
I've never seen a broken HuCard, but then I've never bent one either. There is a very evocotive cartoon in the front of many manuals saying not to do this so...I never did it.

DUDE, unless you get all your games brand-spanking-new, some dipsh*t in Japan (wherever!) could have used the HuCARD to spread wasabi on his bagels.

Related: my brother also bought Night Creatures at around the same time. No amount of playing ever turned up any good in that POS. It wasn't until recently when hipster douchebags started living things because they are garbage that the game earned fans.

UMBRAGE: As a hipster douchebag, I take umbrage to this statement. I simply follow the trends. I can't personally distinguish a "good game" from a "bad game" unless I read about it on facetweet. Also, I'm too busy buying "retro gaming" shirts to bother playing the games.

UPDATE: Actually, upon further reflection, I'm just a douchebag.

Hany, with the clarity of a virgin spring, calmly responds to Zeta: "Penniless gamers living in squalor have always been forced to squeeze some entertainment from even the crappiest of games. These street urchins, growing up in the 80's and 90's with nothing but bargain-bin games, were frustrated, but they SURVIVED. They survived. SNK's Athena (NES) and Super Pitfall (NES) could have ended the careers for many-a-gamer, but thankfully, they didn't. Why? WHY? BECAUSE WE FOUND SOMETHING TO CHERISH IN THOSE GODFORSAKEN TITLES. We knew we weren't going to get another game for a few months, anyway, so we found a way to survive. Esteban may indeed be a hipster douchebag (he listens to Metronomy and Blouse on his iPod, after all), but his passion for shitty games is THE ONLY SINCERE EMOTION in his entire vapid heart--the only genuinely honest thought percolating through a sea of his atrophied gray cells. THE HOUSE OF PCEFX MUST STAND UNITED. Don't hate the hipster douchebags. Hug them."

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:43:08 AM by esteban »
  |    |