Author Topic: TG16 Binder Idea  (Read 373 times)

MilitaryMadness

TG16 Binder Idea
« on: April 04, 2013, 12:01:31 PM »
How cool would it be to have a Custom TG16 Binder. I know alot of people like to store the loose Hu-cards in 9 pocket card pages. I would love a specail 3 ring binder for my loose Hu-cards. The Binder i'm thinking about would have the TG16 logo printed on the spine. The front and back cover of the binders would have several of the more popular covers printed across it. I sent a PM to sparky to see if he would be able to make something like this. Not sure what size binder would be needed for all 94 Hu-cards though. Hope someone can help me get my hands on something like this. I could always get a binder where you can slide in a peice of paper but i don't think it would look as nice or hold up as well.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:10:27 PM by MilitaryMadness »

Jibbajaba

Re: TG16 Binder Idea
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »
You can just buy binders that you can slip printed paper into the front cover, back cover, and spine.  So you can print your own inserts for it.

Chris

MilitaryMadness

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 05:52:31 PM »
You can just buy binders that you can slip printed paper into the front cover, back cover, and spine.  So you can print your own inserts for it.

Chris

True but i don't think it would look as nice. I have a binder that has an image printed right on it that looks so nice. I want something that looks professional and clean. Like something NEC would have made for retail. Not something just slapped together. Maybe having tons of images on the cover would be to much. I would love even a simpler iconic image like Bonk or something. I thought about stickers but i just don't think it would be that nice or stand up to time.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 02:50:08 PM »
Yeah, I agree.  A binder with real print on it would look sweet.  I have no idea what the logistics of that would be, though.  You might have a hard time finding someone that would do the printing, since it would be copyrighted material.  I agree that it would be cool, though.

Chris

SignOfZeta

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 02:56:16 PM »
Paper slid behind clear plastic would look a lot better than print on vinyl. Print on vinyl looks like garbage. This is why Trapper Keepers were built the way they were.

What would be good for people who want to do this would be sleeves made for phone card collectors, if those are even obtainable anymore. Sports card sleeves are too big.

MilitaryMadness

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 06:03:18 PM »
Paper slid behind clear plastic would look a lot better than print on vinyl. Print on vinyl looks like garbage. This is why Trapper Keepers were built the way they were.

What would be good for people who want to do this would be sleeves made for phone card collectors, if those are even obtainable anymore. Sports card sleeves are too big.

I need to find some of these sleeves that would be perfect! I'm talking with sparky about a binder and we have come up with some good ideas. I'll share more when we get something going.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 03:17:22 AM »
I have to agree with the paper idea.  It gives you a ton more options as well.  The added bonus being you can just get a new binder if the old one breaks.

I'd be more interested in some reprinted TG-16 or PCE coffee mugs.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

rag-time4

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 02:03:16 PM »
I collect arcade tokens and play cards. Haven't given much thought as to 9-pocket pages for the arcade playcards but now I'm inspired.

mac

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 02:07:59 PM »
I have to agree with the paper idea.  It gives you a ton more options as well.  The added bonus being you can just get a new binder if the old one breaks.

I'd be more interested in some reprinted TG-16 or PCE coffee mugs.

That is something I can work on :)

Black mugs with blue PC Engine and the orange TG16 logo ?

Does anyone have a picture of the binder idea ? Call me dumb but can't get my head around it ;)

Sadler

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 02:57:22 PM »
People asking for mugs, you realize there's stuff you can buy from this site right? :D I admit I wish there was more, but I wanted to be sure you guys at least know about it. :D

GohanX

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 06:23:36 PM »
I've had good luck using black view binders with the spines and front insert sheets printed with a black background and cut to full bleed so no white shows up. It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn good.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 06:30:56 PM »
People asking for mugs, you realize there's stuff you can buy from this site right? :D I admit I wish there was more, but I wanted to be sure you guys at least know about it. :D
Yep.  But want I want isn't available.   :cry:
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.