Author Topic: Parasol star on ebay CIB $75 shipped (Not Mine)  (Read 486 times)

wmacmonagle

Parasol star on ebay CIB $75 shipped (Not Mine)
« on: April 11, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »
I would have snagged if i didnt have one (bought one for 90 while back then)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parasol-Stars-TurboGrafx-16-1991-/370795240131?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item56551e5ac3

Though someone may want it .

cya bud

wmac
Arcade Line Up: UDOT, Multi-Vector Duel, Tempest Multi, Mini-Galaga, Z-Hyperspin, X360 Blast City, Spiderman Pin, 96 in 1 PacMan

Bardoly

Re: Parasol star on ebay CIB $75 shipped (Not Mine)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »
Good deal.  Someone just snatched it up.  I would've bought it, but my PayPal account was really acting up.  :(

SignOfZeta

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 02:29:20 PM »
I don't get it.

Sparky

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 02:43:21 PM »
I am with ya for once zeta.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 02:48:09 PM »
It's been RESEALED   :shock:
Now VGA wont accept it and whoever bought it wont become a millionaire flipping it on ebay  #-o
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

roflmao

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 03:33:38 PM »
This is a deal?

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »
Wait what? I got mine sealed for $35 not even 6 months ago! Hence the reason why I raffled my loose copy.

Bardoly

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 04:08:01 PM »
Wait what? I got mine sealed for $35 not even 6 months ago! Hence the reason why I raffled my loose copy.

I did a quick scan around the online marketplaces, and there weren't any CIB copies for under $100, so I just assumed that $75 was a decent deal.  I didn't really start keeping my eyes on CIB copies of some of the TurboGrafx games until a couple of months ago, so I didn't realize that this game's price was so much lower so recently.  I will say that even in the last 3-4 months that it seems that CIB prices have been jumping up.  :(

Sadler

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 04:23:20 PM »

I did a quick scan around the online marketplaces, and there weren't any CIB copies for under $100, so I just assumed that $75 was a decent deal.  I didn't really start keeping my eyes on CIB copies of some of the TurboGrafx games until a couple of months ago, so I didn't realize that this game's price was so much lower so recently.  I will say that even in the last 3-4 months that it seems that CIB prices have been jumping up.  :(

$35 CIB is a helluva a deal! :)

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 09:40:49 PM »
There is really no end to this shit, is there?

Parasol f*cking Stars?

There really is no end. Its just going to go up and up and up as a never ending succession of noobs flips and flips the same copies of the same games to the next generation as the previous one moves out.

Truly incredible.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 12:47:30 AM »
I'm amused by the description "THE DISC IS LIKE NEW"

Apparently this is the worlds only disc copy of Parasol Stars.
--DragonmasterDan

turboswimbz

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 01:55:07 AM »
yeah 35 CIB is a hell of deal. 80 -120 seems to be about going price for a complete one maybe more in the brick and mortars and the popular online stores/marketplaces.  I will say that if you look around though you can find these games for a more reasonable price.  I've bought 3 sealed games in the last year each for under 20 - Hit the Ice, Alien Crush, Magical Dino Tour - and Ninja spirit open with box for 15.  I think it's just a matter of being patient over "wanting a game".  While 75 is a decent price especialy since it had the box, I believe another one will come around eventually like the one bingus scored if you look and give it time. 

Also yeah Zeta it sure seems it's going flip to flip to flip these days - and not just turbo stuff. it really is hard to understand. especially when you know a game just sold for 45 + shipping and you look it up and all the current BIN and auctions start at over 150 . . . 

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

geise

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 02:00:50 AM »
Remember, ebay going price doesn't mean "going price"

Flare65

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 03:48:08 AM »
Paid 25.00 for a CIB copy of Parasol Stars at the last Video Game Summit last year.  Not sealed and no cardboard box.

I'd like to know why people are thinking Cadash is work 80.00 or more all of a sudden.....

Black Tiger

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 04:03:55 AM »
The high end prices on eBay are only for the throw away cardboard box. The game with sleeve, manual and case has been selling for $30 - $40 on eBay.

If you want to pay more than the price of the game in case extra, just for an extra cardboard box, then $75 is actually an average eBay price right now.

ProTip: when checking game "values" on eBay, click on "sold items" to see what has actually sold. If there aren't many results, click on "completed listings" to see what prices are too high for the game to sell at. Most importantly of all, pay attention to what each listing actually includes and the condition of each individual piece. If a mint/complete copy sells for as much as $75, a complete copy with a worn box and/or manual is worth maybe $40. Otherwise you're literally paying a premium for garbage, instead of a premium for premium condition.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:14:20 AM by Black Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum