Author Topic: If you could "reboot" any Turbo game/series what would it be?  (Read 890 times)

turboswimbz

Just as the thread states if you could remake or have someone else remake a modern version of any game what would it be?  what systems would you put it on?  Just wanted to see some opinions, see what games you guys like enough to bring back. 

Some general rules to try to help :

1. If you want to discuss PCE that's fine add it in.
2. Don't pick a series that already has modern remakes or is still going if you can [Current Gen] (Yes that means try to stay away from Ys, Bomberman, ect.)
3. Keep it fun.  If you want to make a joke and remake legendary axe to be about beer and guns go right ahead.

That being said I'd love to have a 3-D legendary axe.  Fun theme, exploration could be endless, and a nice fighting system is just waiting to be developed there.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

SeymorOnion

Re: If you could "reboot" any Turbo game/series what would it be?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 05:25:25 AM »
I'd LOVE to see 720p Widescreen, 2D re-makes of the Neutopia Games.
As for System, a multi-platform release would be good, for PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, and XBOX Next/720/Duragno/Whatever it winds up being called.

Wii-U would be ok, if I did'na have to use their tablet to play it on a TV.
Although, it would be nice to have an in-game option to switch the screen to the Tablet's screen.

If they made it for PS3, PS4 and Vita, they could, conceivably, let ya switch back and forth from TV and Handheld, as well.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:28:48 AM by SeymorOnion »

KingDrool

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:48:50 AM »

We were so close. It was playable at E3 and by all accounts, it was finished. Sure, it may not have been a great game, but whatever. I just wanted to see it released. Unfortunately, Konami shut down Hudson and the game is just sitting there, going to waste. Sad...

Beyond that, I echo the Neutopia sentiment. It would be a nice alternative to the Zelda games. I'll always be a huge Zelda fan, but even I have to admit that the last couple have been my least favorite of the series.

I would also say Dungeon Explorer, but the DS and PSP games sucked ass.

And finally: Cosmic Fantasy. I adore those games, and with Lunar so much attention, it would've been nice for someone to take on Cosmic Fantasy as well.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

SeymorOnion

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 06:15:28 AM »
I had a lot of fun playing Cosmic Fantasy 2, back in the day.
However, it kinda felt like something was missing, like I may have missed out on important story details from Cosmic Fantasy 1.
CF2 is the only CF game I've played, but would like the opportunity to play em all, in English, someday.  8)

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 07:55:55 AM »
wonder momo
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 08:03:29 AM »
MOTOROADER and/or MICROMACHINES RACING

I don't want 3D. I don't want polygons. BUT I WANT THE FUN of these games. Motoroader had the "strategize how to upgrade your car" angle...whilst MicroMachines was addictive/fun-as-hell.

MotoRoader HD: overhead, great variety of tracks/courses/environments, MUST PLAY FASTER THAN THE ORIGINAL and have a REWIND FEATURE where you can fix a mistake during "game-ending" races (NOTE: the electrodes attached to your scrotum/vagina will deliver a hearty SHOCK if you opt for REWIND). ALSO, MotoRoader HD will be compatible with the Virtual Cushion.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:08:24 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

geise

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 08:16:55 AM »
Soldier series

Zonk/PC Denjin

+1 to the Dungeon Explorer series

China Warrior

Vigilante

proper non pr0n Valis!  wouldn't have minded Valis X so much if it actually played like the originals.

Coryoon!  Could easily be done with full HD hand drawn sprites.

Thunder series!  RED needs to do this!

bust3dstr8

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 08:41:33 AM »
Hawaii Girls
Clowns Suck

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 10:42:19 AM »
Hawaii Girls

I herd this got a wide release online ;)

SMF

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 11:19:41 AM »
Be pretty impressed if someone was able to make a current gen Blazing Lazers, The best shooter on the TG 16 gets no true sequel? ITS TIME IS NOW!!!
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Punch

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 01:12:56 PM »
Be pretty impressed if someone was able to make a current gen Blazing Lazers, The best shooter on the TG 16 gets no true sequel? ITS TIME IS NOW!!!

Why not, they made a nice R-Type 1 remake on the XBOX...

roflmao

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 03:58:42 PM »
Not to mention the most excellent r-type final on Ps2.  Speaking of which, I need to pick up a ps2 again.

I've been playing a fair amount of R-Type Final lately (using an X-Arcade Dual Joystick) and it's been a blast!  I had no idea the original was remade on the XBox 360!  It looks fantastic!  I'm going to have to pick that up.  Is it on XBox Live?

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 04:41:36 PM »
Surprised no one didn't say Gate of Thunder? That would be cool. Even better if they remade it for the arcade card. :P

roflmao

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 04:51:21 PM »
Surprised no one didn't say Gate of Thunder? That would be cool. Even better if they remade it for the arcade card. :P

Look up. :P  Geise mentioned the Thunder series.

vestcoat

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 05:18:11 PM »
I probably wouldn't play it, but I'd like to see an It Came From the Desert remake advertised on the side of buses and billboards and stuff. Like a modern, campy, Red Dead Redemption with ants... and a surround sound remix of Sea of Love hidden as a bonus track with CD+G. f*ck yeah.