Author Topic: If you could "reboot" any Turbo game/series what would it be?  (Read 895 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Re: If you could "reboot" any Turbo game/series what would it be?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 05:59:09 PM »

We were so close. It was playable at E3 and by all accounts, it was finished. Sure, it may not have been a great game, but whatever. I just wanted to see it released. Unfortunately, Konami shut down Hudson and the game is just sitting there, going to waste. Sad...

Beyond that, I echo the Neutopia sentiment. It would be a nice alternative to the Zelda games. I'll always be a huge Zelda fan, but even I have to admit that the last couple have been my least favorite of the series.

I would also say Dungeon Explorer, but the DS and PSP games sucked ass.

And finally: Cosmic Fantasy. I adore those games, and with Lunar so much attention, it would've been nice for someone to take on Cosmic Fantasy as well.

While I never cared for the art style of this game, that doesn't mean it would've sucked gameplay-wise.  I believe it was supposed to have Metroid elements to it using the different transformations, & I love me some Metroid elements, so it could've rocked in that respect.

Karkilan

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 12:03:27 AM »
I'd like to see a remake of Vasteel. I really enjoyed that game and I think that you could do so much with that franchised if you decided to reboot it.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 02:53:57 AM »
I'd like to see a remake of Legendary Axe or Keith Courage.  Same gameplay just HD grafx and remixed soundtracks.  That would be pretty sweet.  Or maybe some Alien Crush or Devil's Crush pinboards for all of these tablet pinball games.  Those would rock!

KingDrool

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 02:59:37 AM »
Or maybe some Alien Crush or Devil's Crush pinboards for all of these tablet pinball games.  Those would rock!

Ever play Alien Crush on WiiWare? It's not terrible.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 06:07:35 AM »
All of 'em preferably on the Duo, but high-res 2D on newer systems would be okay too:

Bonk - he had such a nice run, then just fizzled out.
Cosmic Fantasy - ditto
Göẗzëndïënër Zwëï: Ümläüts Rëvëngë - princess kickass deserves more screen time and at least one complete, finished game
Dungeon Explorer - it needs a reboot to get the taste of the PSP game out of everyone's mouths
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esadajr

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 06:59:54 AM »
The PC Engine Snatcher in english, with no censorship and in glorius 1080p
Gaming since 1985

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 07:59:16 AM »
China Warrior, you bastards.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

mac

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 08:02:13 AM »
"To be continued, 199X Neutopia III" 

](*,)

Black Tiger

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »
I'd love to have Kabukiden redrawn and painted in 1080p, with lots of smooth animation and no real time effects for spells. Using the same CD soundtrack and voice work, with film quality updates of the (still optional) chip tunes. 1080p handrawn animation for cinemas. Same style of framed dialogue portraits.

The GC/PS2 remakes of Tengai Makyou II would have been okay during the previous generation, but I'd like 1080p 2D remakes of Ziria and Manjmaru following Kabukiden. A 2D version of Namida based around the PCE designs would also be cool.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Nando

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 09:07:21 AM »
Cross Wiber - I can think of a couple of side scrolling styles I would like to see that game rebooted under.

Shinobi/Metroidvania style would be my pick for it.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 01:01:53 PM »
I don't want anything remade in the typical PS3 full 3D tutorial laden bullet time QTE 120 hours of gameplay bullshit modern way of doing things. No achievements either.

I would like to see flashy remakes/sequels of Valis or Cosmic Fantasy though, more like in the style of the 32-bit era though. High res 2D remakes would be terrific if they used 2D animation with original chara designs for the cinemas, etc.  No polygons, no moe.

mac

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 02:09:13 PM »
I don't want anything remade in the typical PS3 full 3D tutorial laden bullet time QTE 120 hours of gameplay bullshit modern way of doing things. No achievements either.

I would like to see flashy remakes/sequels of Valis or Cosmic Fantasy though, more like in the style of the 32-bit era though. High res 2D remakes would be terrific if they used 2D animation with original chara designs for the cinemas, etc.  No polygons, no moe.

+1

Black Tiger

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 07:22:07 AM »
Eldorado Gate looked better than any 3D RPG last generation.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

xelement5x

Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

turboswimbz

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 07:28:29 AM »
wonder momo

Seconded, but this is close enough for now:
http://www.shiftylook.com/comics/wondermomo/in-the-spotlight

The comic is pretty good, Bravoman which is the second highest view comic is getting an animated web show and a Mobile game - HOPEFULLY this means the highest rated Wonder Momo comic will get a game or show, or something soon. :)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.