Author Topic: Parasol Stars....f*ck  (Read 951 times)

roflmao

Re: Parasol Stars....f*ck
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 03:00:48 PM »
...Or compete with my high score (see signature below)

Sorry for the off topic tangent, but I've had sigs turned off since everyone went stupid awhile back with obnoxious sigs.  Is it safe to turn them back on now?

TheClash603

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 03:31:33 PM »
One of the best games on the system.  Great to play 2 players and compete for top score!

Rainbow Island is shitty compared to Parasol Stars.

I'd rather beat up on my shitty friend.

Sadler

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 04:23:39 PM »
I agree with everyone else. Love this game. One of the few 2 player games I had back in the day, and I played the shit out of it. I also agree it's better than Rainbow Islands. Don Doko Don has been on my want list for a while because it looked vaguely like Parasol Stars. I'm somewhat disappointed to hear it's not as good, but I'll still get it at some point. :)

Sorry for the off topic tangent, but I've had sigs turned off since everyone went stupid awhile back with obnoxious sigs.  Is it safe to turn them back on now?

Giant animated sigs are gone, though sigs still remain mostly pointless.  :wink:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:27:50 PM by Sadler »

lkermel

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »
I second that! Parasol Stars is awesome and much better than Don Doko Don in my book. And the two player-mode is a bomb!
I also advise you to unlock the extra worlds (Bubble Bobble World and Chack'n Pop world) if you can - it is really tricky to do, you have to complete the game with three miracle stars in stock. This is hard because the last world only contains two, so you have to save one before you reach it (at least I think so, never managed to find more that two stars in the last world myself, but maybe a third one exists). These extra worlds also lead to the real ending of the game :)

shubibiman

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 07:22:27 PM »
I love parasol Stars. I cleared it a couple of years ago and I had a great time. I love Rainbow Island too but it's true that the PCE version is not as dynamic as PS can be.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

hoobs88

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 01:31:27 AM »
I second that! Parasol Stars is awesome and much better than Don Doko Don in my book. And the two player-mode is a bomb!
I also advise you to unlock the extra worlds (Bubble Bobble World and Chack'n Pop world) if you can - it is really tricky to do, you have to complete the game with three miracle stars in stock. This is hard because the last world only contains two, so you have to save one before you reach it (at least I think so, never managed to find more that two stars in the last world myself, but maybe a third one exists). These extra worlds also lead to the real ending of the game :)

There's actually 5 star elements on the final planet and you can get a headstart on collecting them by beating the Boss of the previous planet. The rainbow necklace automagically unlocks secret road for you if you are lucky enough to find it.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Nando

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 02:12:49 AM »

There's actually 5 star elements on the final planet and you can get a headstart on collecting them by beating the Boss of the previous planet. The rainbow necklace automagically unlocks secret road for you if you are lucky enough to find it.

:shock:

AWESOME!

soop

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 02:20:20 AM »
This is what I love about RI, PS and BB.  Secrets within secrets.

lkermel

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 11:47:47 AM »

hoobs88! This is awesome!!!! There are 5 !?!?! Please, please, would you know how to find them all? I would be eternally grateful :D

hoobs88

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 06:19:53 PM »
It might actually be 4 (I think there is only room for error to miss 1 star)...I haven't played since topping the leaderboard with my high score but I do recall sometimes stressing to get the final star on the stage with the Revenge of Doh head if I haven't gotten the Rainbow Necklace. I'll try to get some screen shots this weekend to help you out. Getting the red ball of death for the final boss is even more difficult than opening the door to secret road. I've only gotten it 3 times but it instantly transforms him into his second form.

hoobs88! This is awesome!!!! There are 5 !?!?! Please, please, would you know how to find them all? I would be eternally grateful :D

TheClash603

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 12:45:57 AM »
This game needs more YouTube videos, as I obviously have no idea what I am doing.

Nando

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 03:12:07 AM »
This game needs more YouTube videos, as I obviously have no idea what I am doing.

Half the fun is trying out new stuff. But I hear ya.

hoobs88

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 07:24:57 AM »

I would post some videos but I don't have anything to record the videos with. What do most people use for video capture? I saw another forum member had picked up a Dazzle and was thinking about getting one of those.

Nando

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 07:48:10 AM »

I would post some videos but I don't have anything to record the videos with. What do most people use for video capture? I saw another forum member had picked up a Dazzle and was thinking about getting one of those.

You can emulate and vid screen cap. Might be the simplest thing, maybe.

Digi.k

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 09:37:46 AM »
I love parasol Stars. I cleared it a couple of years ago and I had a great time. I love Rainbow Island too but it's true that the PCE version is not as dynamic as PS can be.

having said that I love the ending to the pce version of RI