Author Topic: Check out what I got in the mail.  (Read 863 times)

Black Tiger

Check out what I got in the mail.
« on: March 22, 2006, 12:48:52 AM »
I never thought I'd see the day I'd receive a Turboduo sent in a bubble envelope.

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

td741

Re: Check out what I got in the mail.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 02:27:35 AM »
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"
I never thought I'd see the day I'd receive a Turboduo sent in a bubble envelope.

:shock: Does it still work?!

rolins

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 03:04:59 AM »
Damn that seller is frickin cheapskate. I hope you bought insurance in case it doesn't work. Did you buy this off ebay? and if so, whats the persons ebay user id?

The weirdest packaging I got was from japangamestock. They once sent me a pce multitap in a lunch bag, and a black Duo in a japanese beer box w/ newspaper stuffing.

esteban

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 04:11:00 AM »
Oh my goodness -- that's absolutely insane. This person MUST be outed because I have never heard of anything so crazy. I've been trading / selling / buying stuff through the mail for years (long before ebay) and I've never heard of anyone sending a console in such flimsy packaging.

Quote from: "rolins"
Damn that seller is frickin cheapskate. I hope you bought insurance in case it doesn't work. Did you buy this off ebay? and if so, whats the persons ebay user id?

The weirdest packaging I got was from japangamestock. They once sent me a pce multitap in a lunch bag, and a black Duo in a japanese beer box w/ newspaper stuffing.
I second rolins' suggestion: even if this isn't ebay, please tell us who did this if there is any chance that someone here might purchase / trade with them.

And on a final note: the DUO in a beer box doesn't seem as bizarre as the multitap in a LUNCH BAG. Seriously, the lunch bag is too funny.
  |    | 

FM-77

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 06:16:43 AM »
A multi tap in a lunchbag? Odd, I got a PCE multi tap wrapped in a single layer of regular paper.  :P

pixeljunkie

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 06:26:52 AM »
holy dammit christmas

what the hell are poeple thinking?

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »
Hahaha, that's outragous. Do tell us the working condition.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 01:06:37 PM »
It was sold as "TROUBLE READING CD GAMES", but I bought it for the shell which I figured would be "IN GREAT SHAPE".

When I got it I found that although overall it was in pretty good shape, it has some nasty gouges in the worst places. Like the ON/OFF lettering, which is smushed into gibberish.

Now its not worth it to swap for my original's, which I have a new appreciation for. Its still a super cool Turbochip player(no booster or booster-plus required), but I was dissapointed, since I'll never know noe what condition it was in when it was first mailed.

Here's the auction-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8264469243&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

At least I wasn't charged double the postage for shipping(and "handling") charges.

Dark Fact

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 08:54:11 AM »
Did it also come in bubble wrap? :D

At least it wasn't as bad as the auction where some guy got a whole ton of lucky charms marshmallows shipped to him in a garbage bag!  :lol:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

XtraN

bad shipping
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 10:11:05 AM »
Heh, I once got some Integra Type-R parts shipped (from Japan) in 2 grocery bags covering end to end wrapped with a bunch of large plastic wrap!
It was mess...

Parts were fully exposed because it pierced through the packaging. Well of course it would!

Luckily it wasn' damaged. There's no way these people can think it's safe to ship do they? Geeze.

Black Tiger

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 11:10:29 AM »
Quote from: "Dark Fact"
Did it also come in bubble wrap? :D

At least it wasn't as bad as the auction where some guy got a whole ton of lucky charms marshmallows shipped to him in a garbage bag!  :lol:

Nope, it was literally the loose Duo slipped into a less-than-average thickness bubble envelope.

It was pretty funny for about a minute.

What do you guys think I should do? There doesn't seem to me to be much in e-mailing the guy, since I don't want a refund.

Should I leave a neutral feedback with a comment like "Sent a Turbuduo system loose in envelope"?

malducci

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 11:57:50 AM »
Should I leave a neutral feedback with a comment like "Sent a Turbuduo system loose in envelope"?

Exactly what I would do - let future buyers beware.

neokellyzero

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 02:37:15 PM »
I would ask for a refund on shipping since it  probably sustained cosmetic damage in the process-  if he refunds leave a positive- if not leave a neutral.  He'll probably refund though as he's got 100% positive feedback- usually those sellers like to keep it that way.

Black Tiger

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 02:40:19 PM »
Quote from: "neokellyzero"
I would ask for a refund on shipping since it  probably sustained cosmetic damage in the process-  if he refunds leave a positive- if not leave a neutral.  He'll probably refund though as he's got 100% positive feedback- usually those sellers like to keep it that way.

We'll see. Usually someone who wants to keep their feedback perfect wouldn't do something like this in the first place.

neokellyzero

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 03:10:45 PM »
We'll see. Usually someone who wants to keep their feedback perfect wouldn't do something like this in the first place.

True- but you've also got a lot of idiots out there who don't know any better-

I got Dragon Force off Ebay last year- $65 and the moron sent it in an envelope- no bubble wrap-  It's a miracle the case had no cracks- I don't know how some people's minds work.