Author Topic: Check out what I got in the mail.  (Read 862 times)

esteban

Check out what I got in the mail.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 09:36:47 PM »
Quote from: "malducci"
Should I leave a neutral feedback with a comment like "Sent a Turbuduo system loose in envelope"?

Exactly what I would do - let future buyers beware.
Yeah, you only have like 80 characters.... but I'd STRONGLY word the warning to other folks -- so add a few words to your original comment like "100% unacceptable shipping practices" (I'm sure you can devise something that sounds better :) ). Unless, of course, the seller really apologizes and agrees to a partial refund (as someone suggested earlier).
  |    | 

malducci

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 03:06:58 AM »
Stevek666, I was just looking at your links to the Turboforce mags and in issue 4 on page 28 it shows a pic of Dragon Slayer 2 in english!? Do you have a higher res scan?

FM-77

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 04:29:20 AM »
Stevek666, I was just looking at your links to the Turboforce mags and in issue 4 on page 28 it shows a pic of Dragon Slayer 2 in english!? Do you have a higher res scan?

I feel that I need to correct you. It is not Dragon Slayer II. That's Xanadu. You're talking about Dragon Slayer (VI): The Legend of Heroes II.

And even if there are pictures of it in English, it has never been released in English for any format.

esteban

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 06:27:06 AM »
Quote from: "Seldane"

I feel that I need to correct you. It is not Dragon Slayer II. That's Xanadu. You're talking about Dragon Slayer (VI): The Legend of Heroes II.

And even if there are pictures of it in English, it has never been released in English for any format.
Hey! Thanks Seldane -- I'm not too savvy when it comes to the RPG's, so I wouldn't have had been able to provide any context for the game in question.

I do have high-res scans -- but they're on CD packed in a box (I'm preparing to move from California to NJ).

As Seldane pointed out, however, it's more than likely that the screenshot is from the Japanese version. I'll see if I can easilly unearth the archived scans... but don't hold your breath... :)
  |    | 

malducci

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2006, 07:08:44 AM »

That's what I meant - DS:TLOH2  8)

I have legend of heroes 2 and I don't recall those specific shots being in english, but I'm not 100% on that.

The point I was trying to make was that it looks more like a WIP(translation), than a japanese pic for US press release/confirmation (or whatever it's called).

I'll see if I can easilly unearth the archived scans... but don't hold your breath...

- :D

FM-77

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 07:21:19 AM »
The point I was trying to make was that it looks more like a WIP(translation), than a japanese pic for US press release/confirmation (or whatever it's called).

Yes, I expected that. I just wanted to clarify some things.  :wink:

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006, 06:44:42 PM »
Quote from: "Seldane"

Yes, I expected that. I just wanted to clarify some things.  :wink:

Oh you crazy Selly Sel, you always  have to be so accurate :lol:   Actually, I was thinking the same thing :D

Black Tiger

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 03:30:50 PM »
After leaving a very neutral comment with my neutral feedback("Sent a Turbo Duo system loose in an envelope.") a few days ago, I received the following e-mail tonight:

"i have to say i am really dissapointed in the feedback you left me. i thought you seemed like a nice person! i spent a year and a half working on having positive feedback and you had to ruin it with your nuetral. i dont understand it. it clearly says in the auction that you ordered a deck only turbo duo system with no cables or controller. so i sent the deck only in the padded envelope, which would be the safest way to send it so it doesnt get moved around during shipping the way it would in a box! i bought that envelope special for your order because i wanted the system to be safe and you didnt post me a positive. what gives i dont understand why you did that? please respond and explain this, as i gave you positive feedback and deserved it as well! more than half of all of my people i have sold to was a video game deck sent in an envelope and look at all the nice things they had to say about me. plus you got the system super cheap! please remove the neutral from my account right away!"
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

motdelbuort

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2006, 05:10:30 PM »
Haha that's pretty ridiculous! I wonder what consoles he's sold like that? I could see a cartridge system surviving being knocked around (crushed?) in an envelope, but yeah a CD system is pushing it, especially a fairly rare and expensive one. I think neutral feedback was the right thing to do there. It's not negative, but people buying a console from him in the future will hopefully read your feedback first.

On a side note, it's surprising how few people take care of their stuff, games included. This is why EB Games is full of PS1 games with no cases or instructions (discarded by the original user) and discs scratched all to hell.

Hey I just noticed your name on the envelope. I'm sure we've done business on Ebay in past years. Cheers mate!

Keranu

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2006, 06:27:28 PM »
Sending a loose Duo in a envelope is safer than sending with a box? :O
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 07:05:35 PM »
A neutral was too kind for this feeble-minded buffoon, as is evidenced by his email :)

But seriously, has this person never sent nor received a boxed package in the mail? Even books I order from Amazon come in a box with PLASTIC AIR POCKETS / BUBBLE WRAP / STYROFOAM / STARCH PEANUT PADDING !!!!

There are so many options today, in addition to good old newspaper.

This reminds me of a similarly retarded seller I dealt with over the holidays:
1. He said the TG-16 game was in mint condition, including the box.
2. On the last day of the auction, he adds a note saying "the UPC has been cut from the box"
3. I tell him that I would not have bid on the item had I known the UPC was cut, since the item is no longer in mint condition.
4. He responds, "The item *IS* in mint condition"
5. I reply, trying to restrain my annoyance, that "No, the item is clearly not in mint condition." I tell him that I don't even really want the item now, since it was intended as a gift, but to avoid dragging this out further, I will still purchase the item. I ask him to cut me a break on his inflated $12 "shipping fee" since the item is not as he described it.
6. He responds, "No, you're already getting such a great deal on this item."
7. I remind him that I am not getting a "great deal" since I will have to purchase another copy of the game from another seller, and that I won't be able to find a copy before my friend's birthday party. At this point, I finally accept the fact that this seller is either retarded or otherwise incapable of being honest.
8. I should have given this fool negative feedback, but I didn't because I'm an idiot. I took the passive aggressive approach and never left any feedback. I suck.
  |    | 

dairugger

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2006, 08:42:14 PM »
i bought a duo-r off ebay last year from a seller who deals in the import area, and it was also sent via a bubble envelope with just a thin layer of bubble wrap wrapped around the unit. and it was scuffed as hell, and dirty! but it worked!

what was weird was ive bought from this seller before and never had any thing like that happen- but i wont buy from them again!

nodtveidt

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2006, 02:39:17 AM »
Black_Tiger: leave your feedback the way it is. If it were me, I'd probably find a way to change it to a negative. It's not YOUR fault that the guy was retarded enough to ship what is considered by many to be a freakin MUSEUM PIECE in a completely unprotected envelope. So you got a great deal, so what! I can buy a car for $100, and it's a "great deal", but the car probably won't run, and it sounds like this machine doesn't run too well either...whether it's because it didn't anyways or it was damaged in shipping I guess we'll never know but the point is: he f*cked up, now he has to deal with the consequences of his idiocy. If he's done this to others without complaints, then I guess everyone else is just as idiotic as him. I'd never do business with this guy again if I were you...

Black Tiger

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2006, 12:31:36 PM »
Quote from: "nodtveidt"
Black_Tiger: leave your feedback the way it is. If it were me, I'd probably find a way to change it to a negative. It's not YOUR fault that the guy was retarded enough to ship what is considered by many to be a freakin MUSEUM PIECE in a completely unprotected envelope. So you got a great deal, so what! I can buy a car for $100, and it's a "great deal", but the car probably won't run, and it sounds like this machine doesn't run too well either...whether it's because it didn't anyways or it was damaged in shipping I guess we'll never know but the point is: he f*cked up, now he has to deal with the consequences of his idiocy. If he's done this to others without complaints, then I guess everyone else is just as idiotic as him. I'd never do business with this guy again if I were you...

Its funny that you posted today, because I responded to his e-mail the other night(with a link to this thread and an explanation of "packing") and last night I got the follwing e-mail back-

"i see where you are coming from and i will let it go, but i meant no harm as
it was a "broken" turbo duo, so why does it matter how it was packaged? i
would see your point if it was a fully functional system and you did not
want it to get broken, but that was the point.....it WAS BROKEN!! it even
said that in the listing! you were just simply buying a deck for parts so it
should matter. when it comes to broken systems, which if you look at my
feedback i sell alot of (i run a store and get broken items traded in alot),
i send them all in minimal packaging because like i said they are broken and
you cant make them any worse! if anybody buys a fully functioning system
they get the nine yards of packaging, just look at hte feedback on that as
well, i guess i was just a little dissapointed in you because i had perfect
feedback and give great customer service, and by your feedback you seemed
like an ok person that would have at least emailed me first before you made
any decisions on feedback. you could of at least given me a chance to try
and work something out. if you just want to end this here, i understand, but
if you want to reply to me with anything thats cool too."
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

D-Lite

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2006, 06:21:19 PM »
Even "broken" items should be packed moderately well at least.

Want to see a gem?  I got this about a year ago and haven't even bothered to open it.  It looked really nice in the auction and I paid for priority/insured shipping.  You guys will love it:

Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com