Author Topic: Old VHS Turbo-grafx promo tape  (Read 2156 times)

Joe Redifer

Old VHS Turbo-grafx promo tape
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2006, 09:51:48 PM »
Damn.  Now I'm gonna have to digitize and upload it.  You leave me no choice!  Gimme a day or two.

bt

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2006, 04:17:06 AM »
Quote from: "NFERNO1"
Well I may be the oldest gamer here. I was born in 1968 (yes, 1968).

You're not the oldest.

-bt

Keranu

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2006, 12:15:27 PM »
Quote from: "Joe Redifer"
Damn.  Now I'm gonna have to digitize and upload it.  You leave me no choice!  Gimme a day or two.

Sweet, thanks a ton!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2006, 04:36:20 PM »
Here ya go!!
I tried to upload it to Youtube, but they have some retarded 10-minute limit.  a$$holes.

Anyway I am able to upload this QUICKTIME version.  You don't have Quicktime?  TOO BAD!  It should work with Quicktime 6, but you might need Quicktime 7 to hear the sound.  

(Right) click here to download
63.8 MB
Quicktime
320x240
15 fps (had to cut corners somewhere)
Sorenson 3 Pro video codec
MPEG4 audio (AAC) - mono
17 minutes, 53 seconds

The video features this little dipshit:

Awesome!

esteban

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2006, 04:57:22 PM »
Quote from: "PC Gaijin"
Thirty-something gamers unite! I try to refrain from commenting on younger gamers since...there's always someone older who thinks you are the young'un that doesn't remember the good ol' days. :)
:)

Seriously, though, it is very tough to relate to folks that feel that NES (or the 16-bit era) marked the beginning of video games... but even I am put in my place when folks talk about the various games and coin-ops that were around in the 60's / 70's (i.e. my uncle is really into old-skool pinball; he's also the one who got me into Atari VCS/2600 back in the day).

I know the times-are-a-changin' but it is still very difficult to tell my real-life peers that I like video games without feeling somewhat embarrassed (I'm talking about non-gamers and folks in the "professional" sphere). The fact that an overwhelming majority of message boards are populated by teeny-boppers only makes things worse (i.e. I feel as if everyone else in my age cohort "grew up" and moved on with their lives).
  |    | 

T2KFreeker

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2006, 07:33:54 PM »
Here ya go!!
I tried to upload it to Youtube, but they have some retarded 10-minute limit.  a$$holes.

Anyway I am able to upload this QUICKTIME version.  You don't have Quicktime?  TOO BAD!  It should work with Quicktime 6, but you might need Quicktime 7 to hear the sound.  

(Right) click here to download
63.8 MB
Quicktime
320x240
15 fps (had to cut corners somewhere)
Sorenson 3 Pro video codec
MPEG4 audio (AAC) - mono
17 minutes, 53 seconds

The video features this little dipshit:

Awesome!

Cool dude, now we need a version that is downloadable and burnable to DVD or VCD! :D
END OF LINE.

malducci

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2006, 08:41:24 PM »
I know the times-are-a-changin' but it is still very difficult to tell my real-life peers that I like video games without feeling somewhat embarrassed (I'm talking about non-gamers and folks in the "professional" sphere). The fact that an overwhelming majority of message boards are populated by teeny-boppers only makes things worse (i.e. I feel as if everyone else in my age cohort "grew up" and moved on with their lives).

To me, video gaming is just another hobby - pure and simple. I'd rather get some gaming time in, then watching the crap they put on TV networks these days. Unless ofcouse it's cartoon network - that's about the only thing my sons will watch on TV.

As kids, we spend our whole childhood pretending to be and imitating adults - now that I'm older I actually get to play as an adult :D Gotta be true to your inner child, my man 8)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2006, 10:33:21 PM »
Quote from: "T2KFreeker"

Cool dude, now we need a version that is downloadable and burnable to DVD or VCD! :D

So you want me to upload an M2V + AC3 version which you can mux yourself to burn a DVD?

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Word
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2006, 02:49:04 AM »
I got the Lords of Thunder video back in 1994.

I think it was from a company called Gadgets N' Games.

They were doing a three games for 19.99 deal.  I believe the three I got were Last Alert, Valis III, and Fighting Street.  And with that deal you got a cool DUO carrying case(allthough, I don't know where it went too...:( ) and the video.

crap, now I better find that case....

TurboSage

Joe Redifer

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2006, 08:20:50 AM »
So am I the only one who has noticed the "game" that little dipshit is playing in his Turbo Express in that picture?

Keranu

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2006, 08:48:41 AM »
Joe, thanks a lot for the video, but I have actually seen this one before and is talked about in another thread somewhere. Black_Tiger sent me a awesome VCD copy he made of it and I enjoyed that video very much. It's always good to spread around this video :D .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Keranu

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2006, 08:49:37 AM »
Oh yeah and that kid is hilarious as hell, especially how he is playing the System 2.0 card in his Turbo Express and having a hell of a time. My favorite part though is him rocking out with the Turbo CD player :D ! I took a screenshot of that and made it my wallpaper for awhile.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2006, 08:57:38 AM »

PARTY TIME!!!  EXCELLENT!!

I just made this GIF about 3 minutes before I saw your post.

Keranu

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2006, 08:59:02 AM »
Oh HELL YES! ROCK ON!!! :D :lol:

Hahahahaha, thanks even more for that!

PC Gaijin

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2006, 09:31:53 AM »

PARTY TIME!!!  EXCELLENT!!

Dear god I miss those times circa-1990. I'm serious. That's pure cheese, yet somehow I can feel the coolness of the times. Video needs more parachute pants and "Can't Touch This" music.