Author Topic: Old VHS Turbo-grafx promo tape  (Read 2153 times)

Keranu

Old VHS Turbo-grafx promo tape
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »
Good times indeed.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2006, 07:20:12 PM »
Quote from: "PC Gaijin"
Quote from: "Joe Redifer"

PARTY TIME!!!  EXCELLENT!!

Dear god I miss those times circa-1990. I'm serious. That's pure cheese, yet somehow I can feel the coolness of the times. Video needs more parachute pants and "Can't Touch This" music.
Is that the opening credit sequence from "Saved By the Bell" ?
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2006, 09:37:45 PM »
Bahaha, I love those eighties designs with triangles and other weird shapes in the background with wild vibrant colors. I used to try to design those during one of my computer classes in school. Such a great style they were.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

evilmax17

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2006, 06:15:05 PM »
Here ya go!!
I tried to upload it to Youtube, but they have some retarded 10-minute limit.  a$$holes.

Anyway I am able to upload this QUICKTIME version.  You don't have Quicktime?  TOO BAD!  It should work with Quicktime 6, but you might need Quicktime 7 to hear the sound.  

This was EXCELLENT!  Thanks very much for going through the effort.

Are there any other promo tapes known to exist?  OP, is this the same one you had?

I love stuff like this.

T2KFreeker

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2006, 08:19:04 PM »
Quote from: "T2KFreeker"

Cool dude, now we need a version that is downloadable and burnable to DVD or VCD! :D

So you want me to upload an M2V + AC3 version which you can mux yourself to burn a DVD?

Hell yeah dude, if it ain't too much trouble. If it is dude, don't worry about it!
END OF LINE.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2006, 09:50:58 PM »
Quote from: "stevek666"
Thirty-something gamers unite! I try to refrain from commenting on younger gamers since...there's always someone older who thinks you are the young'un that doesn't remember the good ol' days. :)
:)

Seriously, though, it is very tough to relate to folks that feel that NES (or the 16-bit era) marked the beginning of video games... but even I am put in my place when folks talk about the various games and coin-ops that were around in the 60's / 70's (i.e. my uncle is really into old-skool pinball; he's also the one who got me into Atari VCS/2600 back in the day).

I know the times-are-a-changin' but it is still very difficult to tell my real-life peers that I like video games without feeling somewhat embarrassed (I'm talking about non-gamers and folks in the "professional" sphere). The fact that an overwhelming majority of message boards are populated by teeny-boppers only makes things worse (i.e. I feel as if everyone else in my age cohort "grew up" and moved on with their lives).

Eh, don't feel embarrassed.  Everyone around me knows I collect video games & Transformers, & watch cartoons(mainly anime)& I'm proud of it. :D

T2KFreeker

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2006, 09:53:35 AM »
Quote from: "ParanoiaDragon"
Thirty-something gamers unite! I try to refrain from commenting on younger gamers since...there's always someone older who thinks you are the young'un that doesn't remember the good ol' days. :)
:)

Seriously, though, it is very tough to relate to folks that feel that NES (or the 16-bit era) marked the beginning of video games... but even I am put in my place when folks talk about the various games and coin-ops that were around in the 60's / 70's (i.e. my uncle is really into old-skool pinball; he's also the one who got me into Atari VCS/2600 back in the day).

I know the times-are-a-changin' but it is still very difficult to tell my real-life peers that I like video games without feeling somewhat embarrassed (I'm talking about non-gamers and folks in the "professional" sphere). The fact that an overwhelming majority of message boards are populated by teeny-boppers only makes things worse (i.e. I feel as if everyone else in my age cohort "grew up" and moved on with their lives).

Eh, don't feel embarrassed.  Everyone around me knows I collect video games & Transformers, & watch cartoons(mainly anime)& I'm proud of it. :D

Yeah, doesn't everybody? :twisted:
END OF LINE.

DarusGrey

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2006, 04:15:29 PM »
(First Post, yay!)

As per the original topic, I actually have *2* of those old promo tapes.

One with a buncha games, and another where they *really* hyped Lords of Thunder(along with some others).

For thier worth, I imagine they're either worthless or worth alot, I imagine if you found a very hardcore collector you could probably get a fair chunk of change for it, Since if you consider the responses to this post any indictation, it seems barely anyone got these tapes, so I'd imagine they're quite rare.

Now that I think about it I'm gonna go dig them out of a box and digitize them, VHS doesn't have a long shelf life, so working copies(of those that exist still) may be even rarer.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2006, 09:41:26 AM »
One thing I love about that scene with the kid holding the TG-CD is that no way in HELL would music be playing if you were holding the unit like that.  The TG-CD had no skip protection technology so the CD lens would skip like crazy if it was moving.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

2X4

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2006, 03:51:43 PM »
not to mention that neither the power cord nor the headphones are hooked up to the unit.  In fact, if you look closely its probably just a plastic jewelry box.  That little dipshit must have had some rockin tunes in his head.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Joe Redifer

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2006, 06:19:02 PM »
The headphones are indeed hooked up.  You just can't tell because the GIF is not in super HDTV.  The CD also has a little plastic cover that can go on the back to cover up the connection port.  I'm pretty sure it's the real TG-16 CD player.  I used to use mine to listen to CDs at night before I went to sleep.  NEC demands you use the TG-16 AC Adapter and not the one for the TG-CD.

Black Tiger

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2006, 03:39:43 PM »

My family's first real game system was Intellivision. We played it for years until it finally died and then replaced it with an Intellivision III.

Back then, both my parents played with us and at first, they were the best, but I quickly surpassed my Mother but never did get quite as good overall as my Dad on games like Lock N Chase.

I remember Space Invaders arcade machines, and might've seen the odd Pong cabinet, but they were already old 'n moldy by that point.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Black Tiger

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2006, 06:03:35 PM »
I just picked up my third unique Turbografx-16 promo tape tonight.

Keranu, you're going to love it.

I'm pretty sure I've seen part of it online before. Two guys get "turbo charged" and make asses of themselves playing TG-16 games and rockin' out to CD tunes.

But the end is a crazy kalaedoscope of rapid cuts of PC Engine game footage, which is very cool and is a good way of showing what the system can do, but some of the stuff that comes up looks hilarious, in a UHF kinda way.

Anyways, I'm going to put all 3 videos onto DVD and should have the last 2 up on my site by the end of the weekend.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

TR0N

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2006, 07:03:30 PM »

PARTY TIME!!!  EXCELLENT!!

I just made this GIF about 3 minutes before I saw your post.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Damn and i thought the SFII promo for the genesis was bad :P

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2006, 07:29:35 PM »
Here ya go!!
I tried to upload it to Youtube, but they have some retarded 10-minute limit.  a$$holes.

Anyway I am able to upload this QUICKTIME version.  You don't have Quicktime?  TOO BAD!  It should work with Quicktime 6, but you might need Quicktime 7 to hear the sound.  

(Right) click here to download
63.8 MB
Quicktime
320x240
15 fps (had to cut corners somewhere)
Sorenson 3 Pro video codec
MPEG4 audio (AAC) - mono
17 minutes, 53 seconds

The video features this little dipshit:

Awesome!

Down loaded it but the video is no good!? wtf

Man i wish you could get it onto youtube.com  :cry: