Author Topic: Elements of a PCE Beat 'em up  (Read 1556 times)

nodtveidt

Re: Elements of a PCE Beat 'em up
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2013, 06:25:28 AM »
They can criticize all they want... if it sells, it's what gets made. It's obviously what people want, or else we'd all be buying games with flat-chested chicks in summer dresses... oh wait, they would criticize that too. There's no pleasing these f*cktards. Hey... that's why we do whatever we f*cking want to do. :)

Four-player chick slugfest ftw. For teh PCE. f*ck yeah. :lol:

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2013, 06:45:24 AM »
games with flat-chested chicks in summer dresses...

She's in every dating sim, dude!
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2013, 05:18:27 AM »
I think if Exodus hung out here more he'd realize that all that nasty middle school shit you guys posted wasn't so much sexist or misogynist as much as it was just crude and idiotic.

You guys aren't bad, you're just socially retarded animals not fit to integrate into regular society. :)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2013, 05:23:23 AM »
I think if Exodus hung out here more he'd realize that all that nasty middle school shit you guys posted wasn't so much sexist or misogynist as much as it was just crude and idiotic.

You guys aren't bad, you're just socially retarded animals not fit to integrate into regular society. :)

Society is retarded.  f*ck that crap!

Nando

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2013, 05:48:53 AM »
I think if Exodus hung out here more....

Nuff said.

Nando

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2013, 05:50:37 AM »
Next would be the setting!

Fantasy
Futuristic
Current - Riot City, RC Ramson, Double Dragons

I like the fantasy setting, but that's just cause I've been geeking out on D&D and Knights of the Round. A futuristic one could be cool, but I'd go more along the Konami route for characters and overall crazy tone of the beat 'em up. Maybe.

Gillian Seed

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2013, 06:03:53 AM »
Got to go Cyber Punk.

TheClash603

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 04:44:32 PM »
1.)  I like seeing life bars with fun character names.  Final Fight was awesome, because every enemy was a character.

2.)  I love my game to be in an urban slum.

3.)  Weapons are awesome.  More pick ups = better.

4.)  Branching paths.

5.)  Bonus stages.

6.)  Multiple characters w/ some unlockable that join as you go and you switch between stages.

7.)  Nevermind this tit stuff, I want to look at some cunts.

vestcoat

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2013, 09:30:52 PM »
They can criticize all they want... if it sells, it's what gets made. It's obviously what people want, or else we'd all be buying games with flat-chested chicks in summer dresses... oh wait, they would criticize that too. There's no pleasing these f*cktards. Hey... that's why we do whatever we f*cking want to do. :)

Four-player chick slugfest ftw. For teh PCE. f*ck yeah. :lol:
I don't care about video game imagery and Exodus is overly sensitive because he doesn't know us, but we'd do well to tone down the sexist bullshit around here.

Knowing good 'ol irreverent Arkhan is actually a well-adjusted human being, we can laugh at his jokes, but the problem with the internet is there's always some creep like Xray lurking around who feeds on sexist/racist/homophobic sarcasm and takes it one step further.

With violence against women escalating all over the planet, rape in the news everyday, and an endless parade of right-wing politicians blaming the victims, I'm ready to draw the line when I hear "bitch" and "whore."

Thoughts become our words and words become our actions. Obviously, a person has to make a lot of wrong turns before they go out and rape someone, but there's no doubt they spend a long time dehumanizing women in their words and on the internet first. Let's show some goddamn sensitivity and not encourage them.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2013, 10:30:46 PM »

With violence against women escalating all over the planet,

This, thankfully, isn't even close to true. There was a time when 1/4 of the population of Virginia was female slave. How much raping and violence do you think was happening back then compared to now?

I do agree with your basic sentiment. The whole "we are all socially elevated so we can act like chauvinist cavemen" thing is tired as shit. Some call it "hipster racism/sexism". 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2013, 04:33:33 AM »
Anyone who calls it hipster racism/sexism should really learn what the word "hipster" means before putting it in front of basically anything in an attempt to make the thing seem lame.

Also, I ain't toning shit down.   It's not racism/sexism when you also make comments about being a homo and loving dick. 

bob

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 05:24:40 AM »
... learn what the word "hipster" means before putting it in front of basically anything in an attempt to make the thing seem lame.

AMEN, brother!
Its funny when hipsters use the word hipster in a negative fashion.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2013, 07:58:25 AM »
"Hipster racism" is literally the most perfect word I can think of to describe what I'm talking about. This ironically detached "post-everything" attitude where nothing anywhere in human history deserves respect. Its a place where David Lee Roth and MLK have something in common; they exist purely to me mocked, like everything else.

Spoiled punks who think that because Wikpedia exists they can know everything and know that everything deserves to be mocked. However, since we're talking about privileged American white bratts who haven't lived large or long enough to ever experince...basically anything in their lives, they really don't know anything except what they've read or saw on Youtube and haven't earned the right to be above jack shit.

http://meloukhia.net/2009/07/hipster_racism.html

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2013, 08:12:31 AM »
"Hipster racism" is literally the most perfect word I can think of to describe what I'm talking about. This ironically detached "post-everything" attitude where nothing anywhere in human history deserves respect. Its a place where David Lee Roth and MLK have something in common; they exist purely to me mocked, like everything else.

and apparently, Ninja Turtles.   Nothing like offending pretend characters.

Spoiled punks who think that because Wikpedia exists they can know everything and know that everything deserves to be mocked. However, since we're talking about privileged American white bratts who haven't lived large or long enough to ever experince...basically anything in their lives, they really don't know anything except what they've read or saw on Youtube and haven't earned the right to be above jack shit.
http://meloukhia.net/2009/07/hipster_racism.html

I am not sure this is quite the reason for what you're accusing people of.

Also, your assumption that everyone doing it is a white youth really defeats the purpose of what you're stating.  Unless the best way to counter this supposed hipster racism is to use racial/social class profiling.

So what is it called when you're white and you exchange racist jokes with a black person?   Do the hipster racisms cancel either out?

and what's it called when you have old people doing it?  and adults?  and people who were there?

I didn't know you had to earn the right to make stupid comments/jokes.

Nando

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2013, 08:14:22 AM »
A HIPSTER beat 'em up in a post-industrial or Techno-scavenger society, setting! Can you imagine all the mainstream media things one could add in the backgrounds and all the obscure references one could make to gaming history??

edit: the enemies are dressed like hipsters and bros.