Author Topic: Hudson Asks for Feedback/Turbo Stories!  (Read 635 times)

KingDrool

Hudson Asks for Feedback/Turbo Stories!
« on: March 28, 2006, 11:04:26 AM »
Check it out:
http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=92420

Hi all,

Jay here from Hudson. We're currently redesigning our website for a relaunch sometime in April. It will be more community and gamer friendly and we're looking for some hardcore fans to contribute stories of their favorite Turbo Grafx experiences (i.e. Did you get it for X-Mas? Your most favorite titles / games?). This isn't just limited to Turbo Grafx, if you'd like to talk about our other games (Bonk, Master Higgins, Bomberman), we'd love to hear from you too.

With the recent announcement of Nintendo's Virtual Console and other surprises in the pipeline, we think it's a great time to touch base with the roots and properties that made Hudson successful in the past. If you're one of the Hudson faithful, consider yourself a decent writer, and have a story to share, please PM me. I really can't think of a better audience than the GA crew.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Zeon

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 11:58:53 AM »
That sounds sweet. I have quite a few Turbo Grafx stories to share, being basically raised on the system and all. I sure ParanoiaDragon and others have some great stories they could share as well, especially ParanoiaDragon with his close connection with the last secretary of TTi before they folded.

I am so going to tell them about my dad's obsession with Dungeon Explorer as well as my love of the game as well.

Thanks for the info.

KingDrool

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 02:28:31 PM »
Incidentally, the guy from Hudson mentioned that he also contacted Aaron about this.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Daedalus

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 02:46:24 PM »
Ha thats awesome I got TG16 for christmas when I was a kid.  My mom picked it up like a month and a half in advance...I used to sneak up in her room and stare at the box with all teh screenshots on it for hours....lol I guess im kinda lame...

motdelbuort

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 04:16:16 PM »
I'm glad they're asking people. Hopefully people will tie their stories into the games they want to play on the system and we can let Hudson know what we want them to offer Nintendo. So no long stories reminiscing about Ballistix  :wink:

On a closer look, the legitimacy of the request is questionable. It's common for gaming companies to hire people to discreetly participate in forum communities to promote their stuff, so it's not impossible that he is who he says he is. But unless I'm missing something I see no obvious connection between this guy and Hudson. Also I've never heard of that forum, and it doesn't seem to be connected to any website, which in itself is strange.

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 06:25:47 PM »
I'll try to remember to register a name there and post some comments, thanks a lot for the link. I hope this link helps things :) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 07:20:02 PM »
Quote from: "motdelbuort"
I'm glad they're asking people. Hopefully people will tie their stories into the games they want to play on the system and we can let Hudson know what we want them to offer Nintendo. So no long stories reminiscing about Ballistix  :wink:
Haahahahahahaa. Oh crap, there go all my fond memories!!!!

On a closer look, the legitimacy of the request is questionable. It's common for gaming companies to hire people to discreetly participate in forum communities to promote their stuff, so it's not impossible that he is who he says he is. But unless I'm missing something I see no obvious connection between this guy and Hudson. Also I've never heard of that forum, and it doesn't seem to be connected to any website, which in itself is strange.
Yeah, I agree. This is clearly not the most professional manner to go about this. I'm not saying this fellow isn't legit, but we don't even have an "official" hudson email address to submit stories to.

Now, why would someone do this if it wasn't legit? I don't know really, except to pull a prank on folks ... or to try to sell them something.

Anyway, assuming that this request is real, I don't mind acting as a shill for Hudson -- at least for now :).
  |    | 

FM-77

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 09:12:28 PM »
This guy posted on my board as well (link). His e-mail address is hidden to non-admins so I won't reveal it, but it looks very legit.  :wink:

KingDrool

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 08:45:50 AM »
Quote from: "motdelbuort"
Also I've never heard of that forum, and it doesn't seem to be connected to any website, which in itself is strange.

It's the Gaming-Age forum, one of the most popular and reputable forums on the internet.  Many news sites (including 1up.com) get news stories from people on the GAF.  In fact, many of the posters are people in the industry.

Got one to sell? PM me!

deamentia

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 08:33:31 AM »
Hi gang,

Jay from Hudson here. Since there seems to be a bit of precaution here, I'll give you my email address. However, I ask that you please only use this if you're interested in contributing an article or such on your Hudson or Turbo Grafx gaming experience. We're also looking for writing contributions on popular Hudson titles such as Adventure Island, Tengai Makyo, Ys, and Bomberman.

Thanks!

Jay

websupport@hudsonent.com

FM-77

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 08:57:09 AM »
How did you find this place?

deamentia

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 09:20:43 AM »
I didn't find this place. Other Hudson employees told me about this place :)

sunteam_paul

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 07:16:02 AM »
Quote from: "deamentia"
Hi gang,

Jay from Hudson here. Since there seems to be a bit of precaution here, I'll give you my email address. However, I ask that you please only use this if you're interested in contributing an article or such on your Hudson or Turbo Grafx gaming experience. We're also looking for writing contributions on popular Hudson titles such as Adventure Island, Tengai Makyo, Ys, and Bomberman.

Thanks!

Jay

websupport@hudsonent.com

Hi there!

Um...am I allowed to say 'PC Engine' or should I pretend I've been playing a Turbografx all these years *wink*
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

deamentia

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 07:50:09 AM »
TurboGrafx would be better suited. But you can still mention it as the PC Engine.

sunteam_paul

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 09:01:36 AM »
I'll have to start thinking very hard about writing something now...most definately incorporating Ys, Gate of Thunder, PC Kid (erm..Bonk *cringe*)and...oh hell Hudson did so many good games it's hard to choose.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!