Author Topic: WTB Bonks Adventure / Revenge - must be willing to ship to Canada  (Read 529 times)

c0ldb33r

I've got both of these loose but I'd like a copy with a case and manual.

Not looking to go broke but I'm happy to pay a fair price.
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

c0ldb33r

Re: WTB Bonks Adventure / Revenge - must be willing to ship to Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 04:35:16 AM »
I got a CIC Bonks Revenge. Does anyone have a box? :)

c0ldb33r

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 11:45:48 AM »
KnightWarrior will have a copy of Bonks Adventure for me soon - so I think I got both games - thanks everyone! :)

c0ldb33r

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 03:57:12 AM »
I'm still on the market for Bonks Adventure. If you have it for sale please let me know.

sirhcman

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 04:00:47 AM »
I'm still on the market for Bonks Adventure. If you have it for sale please let me know.

If you were in the US I would have sold you one already :(

Senshi

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 09:51:17 AM »
I don't understand the hang up people in the US have about shipping to other countries unless the countries has known issues or you are shipping on because of ebay. Its really simple. You figure out how much shipping is, fill out a 2x3 green card with some info on it at the post office and send it.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

c0ldb33r

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 10:47:53 AM »
Amen. I think its because thy have to go to thee post office?  I dunno.

RoyVegas

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 11:18:51 AM »
I think its because thy have to go to thee post office?  I dunno.

That's exactly what it is for me personally.  With US shipping, I just throw it in a small flate rate box (have some at home), drop it in any blue mailbox on the side of the road or drop it at the post office on my way to work and I'm done.

OR

I have to find/buy packaging, go to the post office, wait in line (usually 30-45 minutes), get a customs form from the window, get sent away from the window while I fill out the form (so they can help another customer), go back to the window after the customer is gone, pay for the shipping.  An hour later and I'm done and out of there.  Ugh, what a hassle.  
All is well. :)

nodtveidt

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 02:35:31 PM »
I have a US Bonk's Adventure in a case, but the hucard retainer clip is broken. I do all my shipping online so I don't have to go through the hassle of the local post office. That's so 1975. :P

FiftyQuid

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 02:35:40 PM »
I think its because thy have to go to thee post office?  I dunno.

That's exactly what it is for me personally.  With US shipping, I just throw it in a small flate rate box (have some at home), drop it in any blue mailbox on the side of the road or drop it at the post office on my way to work and I'm done.

OR

I have to find/buy packaging, go to the post office, wait in line (usually 30-45 minutes), get a customs form from the window, get sent away from the window while I fill out the form (so they can help another customer), go back to the window after the customer is gone, pay for the shipping.  An hour later and I'm done and out of there.  Ugh, what a hassle.  
Why don't you just fill in the online Custom form?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Sadler

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 05:05:55 PM »
I think its because thy have to go to thee post office?  I dunno.

That's exactly what it is for me personally.  With US shipping, I just throw it in a small flate rate box (have some at home), drop it in any blue mailbox on the side of the road or drop it at the post office on my way to work and I'm done.

OR

I have to find/buy packaging, go to the post office, wait in line (usually 30-45 minutes), get a customs form from the window, get sent away from the window while I fill out the form (so they can help another customer), go back to the window after the customer is gone, pay for the shipping.  An hour later and I'm done and out of there.  Ugh, what a hassle. 

OR go to the local fedex which is closer and quicker, fill out the forms and send it off. Wait 3 weeks then get a phone call that you filled out the wrong form even though the fedex guy told you specifically to use the form you did. Fill out new form, fax it off. Wait another 3 weeks then get angry PM from person in Canada that the game you are sending them for f*cking free was listed too high on the customs form and they are angry. Write letter to customs explaining price estimate was in error, get another angry PM from member. Paypal member money to cover customs. Never hear anything back from member. No thank you, no "yeah I finally got the game" no nothing.

...and that's a) why I won't ship to Canada unless you post here plenty and are cool and I've dealt with you before and b) why I don't do raffles anymore.

Yes, that all happened a year ago and yes I'm still bitter. For what it's worth the Canadians in this thread definitely fit in the cool category. :)

c0ldb33r

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 10:04:15 PM »
I think most Canadians have reasonable expectations when it comes to shipping. We know that parcels from the USA are slow and expensive. It is what it is.

What's funny is that I can get parcels from the UK or China faster than the USA. I've never figured that one out.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 02:46:00 AM »
What's funny is that I can get parcels from the UK or China faster than the USA. I've never figured that one out.
Yeah, I've never quite understood this either.  An item I ordered from New York takes 3 weeks to arrive after being shipped, but something from Hong Kong is on my doorstep in less than 8 days.  And the Hong Kong shipping cost is lower.

Personally I think Canada and the USA have terrible postal service.  If I'm shipping something and it's costing me $10 or more then I would expect it to have tracking.  I mean what does tracking really cost a company like Canada Post?  They already have the tracking system in place for larger items.  The infrastructure is already in place.  The 5lb package is on the same truck as the 2lb package.  The only difference is that the 5lb has a printed bar code on the label.  The 2lb?  Well it didn't even have the option of having a bar code unless you choose to upgrade the shipping method from "ground" to "custom rapid express overnight guaranteed" shipping.  That upgrade costs you another $40 though.

I once mailed a letter using Canada post to British Columbia from Ottawa (approx ~4000+ KM away).  It arrived the next day.  The stamp cost me less that .90 cents.  We're talking 4000KM in less than 24 hours.  I mailed a similar sized letter to Pembroke from Ottawa (< 200KM) and it took 4 days.

The postal service is baffling.  There is talk of it being privatised up here.  There is even a write up on canadapost.ca entitled "The future of mail in Canada" or some shit like that.  What a pile of bullshit.

nodtveidt

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 03:02:23 AM »
Try having massive quantities of items you've shipped just disappear into the aether with no rhyme nor reason as to why they are not arriving at their destinations. That's the nightmare I've been dealing with since last December.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 06:23:15 AM »
Try having massive quantities of items you've shipped just disappear into the aether with no rhyme nor reason as to why they are not arriving at their destinations. That's the nightmare I've been dealing with since last December.
I've been shipping items from Canada to the USA for years.  I've never lost a parcel until this year.  This year alone I've had three packages disappear to the Ethereal plane.  What the hell is going on this year?  Are more parcels being shipped?  Is there more theft?  Or is it that people just don't give a shit any more?  I'll go with "all of the above".