Author Topic: Classic Game Room reviews the Core Grafx  (Read 1582 times)

A Black Falcon

Re: Classic Game Room reviews the Core Grafx
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2013, 09:29:01 AM »
Bah, his Truxton video is one of my favorites. :)

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2013, 10:18:37 AM »
A Black Falcon = classic game room guy

hmmmmm now I see why you want us to send him a duo
:P
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Jibbajaba

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2013, 01:35:05 PM »
I sent him a couple of small things a couple of months ago, and never heard a word. 

:?:

Not sure what that emoticon means, but basically I sent him a couple of things a few months ago, and the person who I dealt with (he has a staff) wanted me to be sure to include my FULL contact information.  So I did.  And I heard nothing.  For all I know, they never got the package.

sirhcman

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2013, 02:21:27 PM »

Not sure what that emoticon means, but basically I sent him a couple of things a few months ago, and the person who I dealt with (he has a staff) wanted me to be sure to include my FULL contact information.  So I did.  And I heard nothing.  For all I know, they never got the package.

Oh I'm sure Mark got it and added it to his collection.

Koa Zo

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2013, 08:43:09 AM »
I've never seen this addressed: what is a "journalistic review"?

This CGR guy doesn't seem to have any journalistic knowledge, credentials, or ability. He doesn't do simple background research on many of his topics, his shares his opinions and sometimes misinformation is all. That is not journalism.

edit: oh I see he no longer prefaces his videos with that "A Journalistic Review" nonsense.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 08:46:57 AM by Koa Zo »

esteban

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2013, 02:18:56 PM »
I've never seen this addressed: what is a "journalistic review"?

This CGR guy doesn't seem to have any journalistic knowledge, credentials, or ability. He doesn't do simple background research on many of his topics, his shares his opinions and sometimes misinformation is all. That is not journalism.

edit: oh I see he no longer prefaces his videos with that "A Journalistic Review" nonsense.

I have always wondered if this was a joke...I think it was always intended to be tongue-in-cheek, because he goofs around and doesn't take anything too seriously.

|    | 

A Black Falcon

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2013, 03:35:31 PM »
I have always thought that he meant that mostly as a joke.  Note how now it says "The cure for the corporate review" -- kind of a new way of saying the same thing.  It's probably part dig at the questionable quality of a lot of professional game reviewing, too... not sure on that point though.

However, Mark has been doing internet game reviews on and off since 1999.  First person on the internet to do a video review show, apparently... or at least that's what he's said before on the show.  Even if you are absolutely right that he doesn't research the games he's reviewing enough and thus often doesn't mention a lot of important information, he's been doing this for a long time, and that's got to be a "journalistic" qualification of some kind for sure!

turboswimbz

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2013, 03:40:50 PM »
I have always thought that he meant that mostly as a joke.  Note how now it says "The cure for the corporate review" -- kind of a new way of saying the same thing.  It's probably part dig at the questionable quality of a lot of professional game reviewing, too... not sure on that point though.

However, Mark has been doing internet game reviews on and off since 1999.  First person on the internet to do a video review show, apparently... or at least that's what he's said before on the show.  Even if you are absolutely right that he doesn't research the games he's reviewing enough and thus often doesn't mention a lot of important information, he's been doing this for a long time, and that's got to be a "journalistic" qualification of some kind for sure!

How long have you 2 been married?  Your dedication is an amazing example of love trumping all! 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Tatsujin

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2013, 04:19:06 PM »
:lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

A Black Falcon

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2013, 04:36:29 PM »
I have always thought that he meant that mostly as a joke.  Note how now it says "The cure for the corporate review" -- kind of a new way of saying the same thing.  It's probably part dig at the questionable quality of a lot of professional game reviewing, too... not sure on that point though.

However, Mark has been doing internet game reviews on and off since 1999.  First person on the internet to do a video review show, apparently... or at least that's what he's said before on the show.  Even if you are absolutely right that he doesn't research the games he's reviewing enough and thus often doesn't mention a lot of important information, he's been doing this for a long time, and that's got to be a "journalistic" qualification of some kind for sure!

How long have you 2 been married?  Your dedication is an amazing example of love trumping all!  
I've been subscribed to his Youtube channel for some years now, and have probably watched most all of its videos.  They're definitely not all good, but enough are that I definitely find it worth continuing to watch.  That is not the case with Undertow, I often skip those...

As for the questions about free stuff, yeah, I'm sure he could buy that stuff himself, but I can understand how people who have been receiving lots of free stuff wouldn't feel the need to bother, when they get so much stuff sent to them for free... he probably has to buy the modern games they review, though, unless they're sent press copies.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:38:12 PM by A Black Falcon »

Tatsujin

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2013, 05:45:32 PM »
I'll also start a Youtube VLOG, so please send games and consoles as of now :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net

wildfruit

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2013, 06:30:28 AM »
I'll also start a Youtube VLOG, so please send games and consoles as of now :)
broken PAL wii on its way

Joe Redifer

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2013, 07:46:53 PM »
WTF is CGR Undertow? I tried watching one of the videos... Burger Time... and it was just poorly captured footage with some very upset guy yelling and screaming about how much the game sucks. It wasn't even edited, just some guy talking over uninterrupted gameplay. How lazy is that? I couldn't finish watching it.

Bloufo

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2013, 08:12:16 PM »
I guess then CGR Undertow doesn't qualify as a "journalistic review" either?  :lol:

Tatsujin

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2013, 09:55:53 PM »
WTF is CGR Undertow? I tried watching one of the videos... Burger Time... and it was just poorly captured footage with some very upset guy yelling and screaming about how much the game sucks. It wasn't even edited, just some guy talking over uninterrupted gameplay. How lazy is that? I couldn't finish watching it.

It sure has not the product value of a game sack.
www.pcedaisakusen.net