Author Topic: Classic Game Room reviews the Core Grafx  (Read 1580 times)

esteban

Re: Classic Game Room reviews the Core Grafx
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2013, 10:38:01 AM »
I would love to know how much ad revenue CGR generates. I know that the only folks who make any decent money are the ones with THE BIG NUMBERS (subscribers, views, viewing time, desirable demographics of viewers, etc.). It seems that CGR might make some $$$, but how much? And how many hours does CGR invest in creating content?

|    | 

Jibbajaba

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2013, 10:25:05 AM »
As I understand it, the average is about $2.50 per 1,000 views, but there are too many variables at play to really nail it down.  I have no doubt that he is making a full-time income off of YT, but remember that it comes with NO benefits.  Making YT videos is fun, and if you can make some scratch on the side then that's awesome, but I sure wouldn't want my mortgage payment to depend on it.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2013, 10:48:13 AM »
total # of views 379,594,908
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

A Black Falcon

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2013, 02:50:13 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure he makes money, but he's got nowhere remotely near the level of views of the top Youtube gaming channels, unfortunately, so it's surely a lot less than the top channels.  Whatever any of them make, I don't know.

esteban

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2013, 12:49:24 AM »
total # of views 379,594,908

YT has a metric for how long folks watch a video...plus more sophisticated measures...I know advertisers care a lot about the demographics of the audience because they want to target advertisements.

Not all age/gender/race-ethnicity/etc. intersections are equally valuable to advertisers...

My videos, for example, attract women over 80 years of age, and children under 1 year. NO MONEY IN THOSE DEMOGRAPHICS.  
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:53:07 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2013, 08:53:27 AM »
I would love to know how much ad revenue CGR generates. I know that the only folks who make any decent money are the ones with THE BIG NUMBERS (subscribers, views, viewing time, desirable demographics of viewers, etc.). It seems that CGR might make some $$$, but how much? And how many hours does CGR invest in creating content?

Just like with other image-based businesses, his cash cow is likely his merchandising. Although encouraging donations of all kinds has been proven to be lucrative as well.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Jibbajaba

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2013, 10:11:40 AM »
Well I don't want to make anyone jealous, but I just checked the Analytics page on my YouTube account, and I'm up to $0.46.  So we're living large over here at Classic Gaming Quarterly...

In all honesty, the fact that I've made 50 cents on like 11 videos in less than two months really isn't bad.  It's more money than my website has generated in its entire lifetime.  You can definitely see the potential in regularly uploading decent quality content, as the money grows nearly exponentially, since more videos -> more views -> more subs -> more views.  I haven't uploaded anything in a couple of weeks, but need to get back on the stick.  It's the voice-over stuff that's a pain in the ass.

Tatsujin

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2013, 03:57:04 PM »
what did game sack generate so far? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Joe Redifer

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2013, 08:25:16 PM »
Hey now, that's nobody's bidness! But more than 46 cents. :)

I'm currently editing a video with this Classic Game Room guy in it. Looking at the audio waveform is humorous because of the crazy amounts of space between random words in a sentence. But rarely ever spaces between actual sentences. Many random pauses in his speech.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2013, 05:20:37 AM »
It would be interesting to know what Game Sack is hauling in, but whatever it is you guys deserve it.  I thoroughly enjoy 'em and appreciate the effort they take to produce, and it's not like the money comes out of my pocket anyway.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Joe Redifer

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2013, 08:39:47 AM »
Thanks! I'm always interested in what other channels make myself.  I joined the Screenwave network when it started up and maybe we'll see an increase, haven't gotten the 1st check yet (there's always at least a 1 month delay). The network has some of the bigger guys like Game Chasers, that Gamester81 guy, all of RetrowareTV, Angry Video Game Nerd and a few others I can't remember.

esteban

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2013, 01:49:11 AM »
CONFESSION: I have enjoyed several recent episodes of CGR.
  |    | 

Trenton_net

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2013, 05:30:31 AM »
IMHO, I thought the review was rather shallow. He could have spoken more about the expansion, add-ons, variants, kinds of video outputs, etc. If he really wanted to go for the gold, he would have opened up the TG16 and PC Engine to compare the insides to see why one is bigger than the other.

But I do realize the PC engine was on loan. But that's so lame, because given his popularity there is no real excuse for not picking one up for his own review.

Bloufo

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2013, 05:39:08 AM »
His reviews border on the nonsensical.
He mostly goes for the laughs, but they come off as corny and quite forced.

I will say he has a bunch of committed YT supporters. Anything remotely negative aimed at their beloved Mark and you can be sure they'll be up in arms.

esteban

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2013, 05:56:22 AM »
His reviews border on the nonsensical.
He mostly goes for the laughs, but they come off as corny and quite forced.

I will say he has a bunch of committed YT supporters. Anything remotely negative aimed at their beloved Mark and you can be sure they'll be up in arms.

He is definitely "parodying" reviews, whether that is intentional or not has yet to be determined (ha!)

I find him entertaining, but he is not a serious reviewer.
  |    |